Maternal & Child Community
Cramping 4 days after ovulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cramping 4 days after ovulation

I ovulated 4 days ago and have been getting cramping yesterday and today, it almost feels like i'm oing to get my period but i know i'm not because it far too early (not due for another week and a half), so what could it be?

Me and my husband have been trying to concieve (conceive) so could it be that i'm pregnant, i know it's far too early for a test to show up positive so i'm not even going to attemp one yet.

Thanks.
Hi ...I would not worry about your cramping even though it is not normal for you to be feeling it is very normal and nothing to be concerned over. You are most likely feeling one of the systems of PMS ..how long has it been since you used birth control? Sometimes after stop use of birth control months later we start to get more intense and painful periods. It takes months for your body to get right after stop birth control. ....As to your question on if you could be pregnant -one of the signs to look for in the first few weeks is sore breast, tiredness, upset stomach, and/or mood swings or unusual moods and emotions ... good luck
Hi, Thanks for your reply to my question, I stopped taking birth control pills in Dec 2009, got pregnant in Feb 2010 but it ended in a miscarriage at the end of march at 6 weeks, i have since had a period and ovulated.  As for having more symptoms i am experiancing a few....Sore breasts, tiredness, bloated, a little nauseas and emotional.

Oh well only time will tell i suppose, i'll just wait it out and test if my period doesnt show.

Thanks again. x
I have also lost a pregnancy. what happened to me was i got a period a little over a month after the miscarriage, Or I thought ..a little under 2months later I went to the hospital for heavy bleeding and bad pains.. The doctor told me that alot of the time after yotur body goes through something like a miscarriage You will get a lighter period or even normal but it is not a period it is you losing what is left of the liner from pregnancy ..then a month or two later you get a period and it is not like a normal one ... O r it could just be PMS and because of you being on birth control and getting pregnant so soon after getting off of the birth control that this is just your first experi having it ... Believe me it will all be worth it once you to get to bare that child and that overwhelming love that you will feel.. (like no other)
I had cramping, fatigue, and pms symptoms 3-4 days before AF was supposed to arrive but I did not have sore boobs or anything that really made me think I was pregnant, it really felt like I was just going to have a very pmsy period and that it was coming a couple days early, but I ended up being pregnant :D

Never know until you test, I tested first day of my supposed period with a digital ept and the strips, the strips never showed up but the digital was positive :D