Maternal & Child Community
Cramping and Early Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cramping and Early Pregnancy

Hi all - I am hoping someone has some words of advice or reassurance.  I am only 4w4d pregnant and experience burning cramping (like af is coming at times).  When I first tested positive last week I was nausious and now am not feeling like that anymore or as much.  I keep checking though and there is no sign of blood.  I guess I am worried since I have had 2 miscarriages in the past (the last one in november). I remember having cramping with my son but don't remember how much.  Anyone else had burning cramps and not miscarried?  Also seem to have gas problems - could it be related to that?
Hello, yes I have had cramping like a menstrual cramps.  I have also had bleeding off and on.  However, I just went to the dr's yesterday for a normal check up and I asked about the cramping I am having and he said it is normal.  It is just the uterus stretching and it's ligiment pain.  But if you are worried with your history I would definately see your OB or at least call them.
Godd Luck!
Im now 10 weeks and have had so much off and on cramping and pulling... I spotted for 3 days this last week and was totally freaking out. AND I have no morning sickness. But everything has been great with the baby. I like you just had a m/c (in Sept) so I have been super worried this pregnancy. The only thing I can tell you is that if your worried call your doctor. Your still so early so your not going to see much on an ultrasound anyway. You should be able to see the heartbeat by 6 weeks though. Good luck and congrats!
YES!!! I had that (I am 8wk) the first three weeks (I had BFP at 3 wk, 11 DPO) I was miserable! I had horrible stomache pains and couldnt sleep at night. I was also very constipated and bloated. My. Dr said that Malox and Mylanta were OK and that helped me alot. I feel much better now and I think the pains I have now are uterine. I have had no spotting and this is my first pg. Mr Dr didnt seem too concerned about it either. So I would go on how you feel and talk to your Dr. Good  luck, hope you feel better soon!!!!!
Thank you ladies.  I think I am going to go into the ER this evening when my husband gets home to check for a UTI.  I now have chills and a slight fever and am thinking it might be that.  They can't do anything but check that and do bloodwork. Will check back in late tonight and let you know the results.  I am actually hoping thats what it is so they can give me antibiotics and I can feel better.
I am 4 weeks and 5 days. I thought af was coming, and it never started. I even told my fiancee before I missed that I was having severe cramps, I had never had cramps like those. They have tapered off but still come and go. I went to the ER 2 nights ago because I had pain on my right side and was scared of a ectopic. And like you I have had 2 miscarriages as well. Nothing was wrong with the baby, my hcg **** was 885 which was really good, but the ultrasound won't pick up anything until your count is around 2000. The OB/GYN on call came in and saw me and she said there are all kinds of reasons for aches and pains. SHe said mainly it's your uterus making room for the baby!! My cramps are pretty much gone, but still come and go. SOme days I feel sick some days I don't. I try and not to focus to hard on signs because I don't want to stress myself and this baby. I really hope everything is ok. And UTI's are not fun!! But are very common in pregnancy. Good luck to you and the new baby!!
Becca, yes plz go to the ER immediately if you have those symptoms, as that is not common for a UTI, but it sounds more like a kidney infection, which can be very dangerous during prengancy.  I have had recurrent UTI's throughout this pregnancy, but I was told if I had a fever, chills, shakes, etc. to go to the ER immediately because that means it has gotten to the kidneys.  If they treat it immediately, it should be fine.
Thank you all for your advice.  I just got back from the ER and they are treating me with Macrobid (UTI) type symptoms.  My fever was 100.6 and the symptoms were there.  My culture came back negative but he said sometimes early on they don't show yet and no harm to treat since macrobid doesn't hurt the baby.  The doc said to come back in a day or so if the cramping didn't subside or if I have bleeding so they can do an ultrasound and b/w.  I am hoping they will go away.  I am glad I went in and now have antibiotics.
Jgirl34 - good luck during your pregancy as well.  Here is to positive thoughts.  
I am so happy you got antibiotics. And thank you for your kind words, I am standing on faith this pregnancy is going to make it. I just know it's going to make it. Stand on faith that you are going to make it to!! Best of luck to you and this pregnancy.
This is an update and some more questions.  I went in today to the ER for spotting red blood.  They did a pelvic and told me my cervix was closed and only a small amount of blood.  A vaginal ultrasound showed me to be 5w1d and the HCG count came out to 7008.  I have been instructed to come back in a week for another ultrasound.  I am now cramping some more (of course this has been a rough day and it could be from the pelvic, the prodding and pushing, or the vaginal ultrasound).  My question is has anyone had these symptoms and gone on to have a good pregnancy?  I mean my numbers seem high.  With my m/c in Nov my HCG was only 540 and I measured 5w4d on the ultrasound.  So 7008 should be good.  I just don't know.
IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM BUT IM NOT SURE IF IM HAVING MY PERIOD OR IF ITS THE BLEEDING U GET WHEN THE PLACENTA IS GROWING I MEAN IT WASNT A NORMAL PERIOD THO IT WAS LIGHT BUT IT HAD LIKE AIR BUBBLES IN IT AND THAT LASTED FOR 2 DAYS AND THEN IT WENT TO SPOTS SO IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS A LIGHT PERIOD OR WHAT AND THIS HAPPENDON THE 25 OF DEC AND MY BOOBS STILL HURT AND IM STILL HAVING CRAMPS AND I ONLY HAVE CRAMPS AND TENDER BREAST WHILE IM ON MY PERIOD SO IF SOMEONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT
I had this exact cramping, but mine included bleeding that lasted a few weeks.  I was sure that I had m/c and went into the doctor for an exam after a long weekend of bleeding with clots and cramping.  She did an ultrasound to double check and low and behold, the baby was just fine.  They put me on Prometrium to "beef up my endometrium" and better the environment for baby.  My numbers were real low too.  That weird burning type feeling lasted along with the cramps and bleeding awhile.  Within 2 weeks the bleeding stopped and within the month the cramps had finally stopped.  

I'm now 12 weeks along and only have that uterus & ligament stretching type of aches.  

Oh, I also had a fever.  Usually just under 100 degrees, but my doctor told me that some people have temperatures when their hormones fluctuate.  I did not have a cold or infection of any type and had actually noticed this around my period in years past (just didn't know why!).  The fever lasted a couple weeks believe it or not!

Anyway, just wanted to encourage you and let you know that there is always hope that things will be ok.  I'm testimony to God's goodness!

-Lisa
so u think im pregnat i mean im not sure if i am or not i wasnt sure if that was a period of if it was me being pregnat
i wasnt sure if u were talking to me or not so do u think im pregnat i havnt ever had that bubblyness before and another thing i noticed was that my mouth has this creamy texture does that have n/e thing to do with being pregnat i heard that u get like a metalicy taste in ur mouth i was just wondering if this was the same thing i would appriate n/e advice i can get before i go to the dr.
Brittni-
Well, the tenderness is definitely a symptom.  Have you taken a pregnancy test?  It sounds like the timing should be fine and that you would get an accurate answer.  Let us know what happens!

-Lisa
Hi...This is my first pregnancy and I am 6wks4ds.  Just two days ago I experienced very little bleeding.  I have been cramping lately.  Is this bad? Should I be worried?  
I went to get an ultrasound but they told me they couldn't find anything and to come back in 2wks.
I am new to this site and I wanted to obtain some advice, I am possibly 3 almost 4 weeks pregnant and I have taken two pregnancy tests but they were both negative, and I have heard from differnt people that everyone has differnt pregnancy symptoms, this would be my first one I have had if I am, my last period ended on Dec. 21 and I used to be on birth control but I got off starting Dec. 17 and I also was on antibiotics starting Dec. 17 also, but since those days I have had unprotected sex on more than one occasion, since my last period and I first started filling pressure and slight nausea no vomitting on Dec. 25 and that lasted for 2 1/2 weeks along with a week of tender pain at the tip of my nipples, and they have all gone but now this week I have had light to mild cramping beginning this week along with I've lost some weight along the 2 weeks and now with the cramping when I eat it feels like I am bloated. Could I be pregnant? I really don't know any advice would be appreciated.
HI EVERYONE LAST NIGHT I STARTED BLEEDING AND CRAMPING AND I WENT DIRECTLY TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM THEY DETERMINED THROUGH ULTRASOUND THAT I HAD A PLACENTA ABRUPTIO BUT THAT THE BABY WAS FINE AND TO FOLLOW UP W/ THE DR.IS THIS NORMAL AND HAS ANYONE EXPIERENCED THIS? I.M SCARED AND NERVOUS!! DOES THIS POSE ANY THREAT TO THE BABY?
Hello everyone.
     I have recently had IVF, and i will find out the results on Friday.  Since they did the transfer, I have been having a lot of cramping but it went away.  Now today the cramping has come back a gain.  Is this normal?  I have never been pregnant so I don't know the signs.  Has anyone gone throuhg IVF successfully, and felt the way that I do now?  Any help that you all can give would be greatly appreciated.
I have been having menstrual like cramps for over a week now, my nipples are sooooooooooooo sore and my breasts are tender. I am not expecting my period for like another week, is it possible that I am pregnant ?
hi, i hope someone can help last saturday i felt like i was getting some cramps and than i sunday when i woke up and used the bathroom i spotted a little blood. I thought i was getting my period. After a few hours when i went to use the bathroom i had no blood, but that day i felt dizzy and had a headache. Now yesterday i spotted again twice, but it was like air coming out also and so again i thought it was my period. I felt dizzy again and had a headache and also some back pain on my left side near my ribs that really hurts. Now today i feel dizzy, my nipples are tender and when i use the bathroom and wipe my self it looks a little dark, not sure if its blood. i dont want to go the hospital because im scared, but i dont know whats going on with me.
Hi I'm Jane this is my first time on this website. I am 9 weeks pregant and I'm having some pain on my right side and lower back pain is this normal in a pregnancy?
hi i just found out im 5 weeks pregnant...my counts all look good ...dr told me today
i had blood done on friday and monday and dr said was fine..but very early in pregnancy right now.
(i have never been preg before and was told i would have to take fertility treatments to have kids...10 years of knowing this..but too scared to go ahead with it)

anyway, out of the blue im pregnant...Lords doing for sure..
but ive been getting these sharp pains in my lower abdomen..a couple days ago it was on the left and then on the right..just sharp and would go away after about 15 min or so.
today i just had them and it was a wierd achey (achy) cramp and the sharp pain..it feels like my uterus but im not sure.

like an idiot ive read too much on ectopic preg..so im scaring myself sensless.
im not bleeding (praise the Lord)...but i dont want anything to rupture God Forbid..

oh..ive also been having that burning sensation that follows the sharp pains...(like on a scale of 1-10 their like a 3 or so)
and some itching

any input or anyone have an ok preg but had these sypmtoms...details would help please
Hi. I have a question. I have regular periods, normally my cycle is about 32 days or so. I use Natural Family Planning and it has worked for two years, even though we dont follow it exactly (which i know can be a problem). Anyway. I cant remember the date of my last period, but I am sure that I ovulated (by body signs and vaginal fluid) on the 21 of Jan. My husband and I had unprotected sex on the 19th. For the past five days or so I have been getting PMS symptoms, bloating, gas, cramps, moodiness- but my period has not come yet. Normally I dont get cramps before my period, I will get them during it every once and awhile. I have been a lot wetter down there lately and have never really had that problem before. The past two days the cramps have been worse. I was woken up by a cramp that was severe and lasted a few minutes (almost a cramp as if coming- which I heard someone else describe- which I though of as it was happening, but didnt think that it made any sense)... Anyway... I have a constant cramping feeling in my lower abdomen, like I am having my period now, yet there is no blood. I have also been feeling nauseous the past two days and have had a lightheaded and dizzy feeling all day. Today I have a temperature of 99.1. Could this be just a late period on its way, or something more. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks so much.
Your symptoms describe mine nearly exactly and I am confirmed 5w2d pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I have still been experiencing this cramping - tonight it is enough to keep me awake. I have an appointment tomorrow with my Dr. to discuss it among other things. I have been reading that menstrual like cramping is fairly common in many women early in pregnancy. Hopefully I will have some more news tomorrow as the cramping is getting worse and I am starting to get worried about the baby.
Becca, did you ned up getting better the antibiotic or are you still dealing with the smae issues?
Hi everyone.  I am about five weeks pregnant (positive pregnancy test three days ago) and for the past three days I have been having pain in the lower right side of my stomach.  Just a dull, annoying kind of pain, but since this is my first pregnancy, it makes me a little nervous.  I have no bleeding, but I was wondering if this is normal?  

It may just be gas or my body stretching inside a bit.  Just wondering if any of you have experienced this and when did you got to the doctor to have it checked out.  My first appointment with my doctor is scheduled for March 8th.

Thanks :-)
I am 4weeks 2 days and I have taken 3 test and they all positive. I vomoting and feel bad. I keep experiancing cramping like menstral cramps and I my back is killing me. This is my second child  my first is 5 yrs. old and i was supposed to be able to have anymore. Thank the good lord I am pregant. Now I just gonna keep worring about stayin pregant.
Hello All, I am so blessed to be on this page (age 34),first one.  I am early preg. (TBD) and am experiencing the light and constant cramping, and am also starting to get the nausea.  Let's all be encouraged and speak and think positive, (what we say and think becomes our reality). I am going to the Dr. soon to get the specifics on my time and will report back.  God Bless you all.
heelo i'm new to this so bear with me.
im 5-6 weeks pregnant i think and only found out last friday. sunday i noticed small browning when i wiped but then it faded. i woke up on monday and had some blood so i thought id call the doctor, she said if i wanted i could go to the earlt preg unit or wait and see if it went. i decided to go to the preg unit and they asked me questions and took my hcg level by blood. that day the cramps got worse and the bleeding had kind of faded. i had no more cramps after that. i had to  go back on weds for my second lot of bloods and then wait for them to phone me to see if my levels had risen or fallen. they had risen thank god so im going today for a scan to see if it could be ectopic. i hope not as i feel absolutely fine there is no cramps but i have a faded brown when i wipe it only a small bit though.
if anybody else has had this please let me know as im trying to be positive but im finding it v. hard.
bye. x
Is or has anyone on this board done IVF? This is our first cycle and we had a day 5 transfer last wednesday 2/15. I am already feeling AF cramping along with other AF symptoms. Iknow this could go both ways but I needed some reassurance that others have experienced the same thing with a BFP.
Hi my name is Stephanie and i been haveing cramps once in a while for the pass two weeks of and on.  I thought it was my period comeing and still no sign of my period.  i am a week late and still no period. My period is always on time.   Are these pains a sign of be pregnancy?  This is my first time if i am pregnancy.  My breast are getting bigger but they don't hurt they are a bit itche.  Could some one let me no if they had any of these signs.  Thank you for your time.  Stephanie
Hi- This is my first time on a site like this, but I am wondering if I might be pregnant.  I am usually on a 30-32 day cycle.  I am now on day 34 and no period, but I have had cramping for three days or so.  I took a pregnancy test but it was negative.  Any thoughts?
This comment is for positivity.. I seem to have had the same thing.  I am 5 wks pregnant, and I went to the doctor on Sunday because I was spotting and having some cramps and was nervous of course.  She gave me an internal exam and had me go to get an ultrasound b/c my uterus wasn't growing yet (which is ok for such an early preg.) and one of my ovaries felt larger than normal.  At the ultrasound, everything was fine.  I saw the yolk sac, but that's about it, in the uterus!! yay!! And the cramping is most likely the stretching of the ligaments and brown spotting is normal.  Also, I had some red spotting, which is normal after intercouse (the day after) and after an internal exam.  Good luck to you!!  I am still spotting brown, pretty much constantly.. I know the doc. said it's ok, but I'm going to call again soon.  They probably will just check my Hcg levels again..
Hi!For the past two weeks I have been burning in the nipples of my breast really bad. It will usually happen in the evening anywhere from 7pm to 11pm and will last about 30 to 45 minutes. I lastnight I got my period. Do you think I can still be Pregant?
Hi everyone, I have been experiencing some crazy menstrual like cramps for the past few days and I am not sure if I am pregnant of not. I had a miscarriage back in December and I have been getting my period every 25 days. I have always been like clock work but I'm scared that because of the miscarriage everything has been thrown off. I have however been feeling kinda crappy lately. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Hello, maybe this will help someone.  I am 13 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy.  I was about 1.5 weeks late for my period and didn't think I was pregnant because I kept getting period like cramps and every time I went to the bathroom to check I just knew that AF would have come.  The period like cramps it turns out is the placenta attaching to the uterus.  The other sign I had was extremely sore nipples not breast.  My breast always hurt so I took that as a sign.  I found out I was pregnant at 6.5 weeks.
I thought I was 6 weeks pregnant, but I am possibly only 4 1/2, I had the transvaginal ultrasound and no embryo just a sac, Doc said could be too early to tell or blighted ovum. My breats are sore, have nausea on and off all day, some dizziness. Symtpoms have not gone away. My blood will be back tomorrow. Today I have a burning sensation in my lower abdomen and some in my back also. Some slight cramping (although prior to my period I don't really get cramps). Anyone else get this, and has anyone had an ultrasound with no embryo yet?
hello ladies,i'm new here.my period was due on feb.25th i usually get it every 30 days so as you know i'm late.my breasts are a little sore and were itchy the past 2-3 days.did anyone have itchy breasts before they found out they were pregnant?this has never happened before
Hey Guys! I feel kinda crazy doin' this because i'm still having my period, but some people do.. I just have a few ?'s that I don't understand...! I hope someone can help!!

My husband and I have been trying... like i said I am having my period.. although, it's not been on time it's been really dark and early and it's lasting longer than normal. I've not been having morning sickness or nothing, but my breasts are really sore and my areolas are changing color to a brown.
My areola is also little goose bumps (Which I've not thought anything about I've just kinda ingorned it)...My breasts also have a complex highway of blue veins just below the skin's surface. I've also been really tired all the time and having stomach pains in my lower stomach (somtimes on the left, sometimes on the right, and then even around my belly button). Like I said I'm not sure.. I'm just hoping you guys can help because I'm also wanting sweets a lot.. chocolate and peanut butter fudge... and I get hungry a lot more than normal... am I crazy or could I be? I hope someone can help!
hello my name is krissy, i have been trying for a baby for the past year i have a son that will be 2 in oct,    well i had a realy bad nose bleed around the time i would have ovulated and i never get bloody noses  the last nose bleed i had was when i was preggy with my son and i have had a stuffy nose i can not get cleared for about 3 weeks i am suppost to start my period in 2 days and i feel like i am gonna start my AF,  i keep checking to see if i am bleeding  yet but nothing i cramped for like 2 hrs then it stoped now my legs feel achy,  these cramps i keep haveing is in my upper stomach and lower like i am gonna start my period some one help please   thank u wish me luck
hello everyone!
I'm new to this but I am just so confused I dont know what to do.. well my last period started on july 29 and i am always pretty regular, well as of today AF hasnt showed (11 days late) I have taken i dont know how many pregnancy tests and all come back negative... i even had blood work done 2 days ago and it was negative also... i already have three children, but with my youngest i didnt show on home test or blood test until about 2 wks late... but i am having breast tenderness, and fatigue , i even started vomitting yesterday morn, but not today... also im really feverish (since 4 days ago) and am having cramps all the time and my back is killing me.. but my ob cant see me until the 17 th of Sept..  i dont think i can wait that long , i just feel like something is wrong with me.. should i maybe go to the ER???  or just wait it out.????   i just really want some answers , im going crazy with worry..  thanks for listening . if you have any advice please help!   Jenni
have any of u had a dull burning feeling kinda near ur right ovary?
I am a little nervous.  I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) in October last year.  It was my first time dealing with that.  I have two lovely children right now and never expected to ever have a miscarrage (miscarriage).  I am trying again and now noticed some bleeding like a period and pretty strong cramping.  I called my physician and am scheduled to come in for a ultrasound. Could this pregancy be okay?   Has anyone else had this happen?
hi everyone
i just wanted to tell my story and well ill start by saying my b/f and i were trying for 3 years to get pregnant and we finally did 7w5d ago.so yea we are extremely excited,excpt that 4 days ago i started spotting brown discharge at first and only when i wiped,,then i got all worried and went to the dr so i went for a ultrasound they told me everyhting was fine so i traveeled back to my hometown thinking nothing,until i started noticing it turning red..i just have to say im really worried now cuz im 31/2 hrs away from my dr and the nearest hospital so yea i put myself on bed rest and now im hoping for the best oh and i do have those burning like cramps theyve been talking about and the bache ache but a cause for concern i pray not but i cant help but be scared...
Hello, I have a rather complicated situtation.  I met a man in sept of 07.  When I first met him, he told me about his two children that had died within the last two years.  His 19yr old daughter was in a car crash and his 16 year old son died 1 yr and 14 days later from brain cancer.  He was depressed and drunk the first weekend in sept and his EX girlfriend came over and forced herself on him (she admits to this), well they had sex and she got pregnant.  He told her right from the start that he did NOT want this baby.  He is still grieving the death of his two children, he is not sure how to love another child right now and if he has anything to give this baby. He is not 100% sure it's his kid either, she has an abortion in March of 07 from a different guy.  Well here she is now 28 weeks preg. She took Ambien Monday night after going to the doc. and found out she has placent previa.  If you research the effects of this drug any woman in her right mind wouldn't take this whle being preg.  But she did, Tuesday she went into labor and started bleeding badly.  Now she is in the hospital and they are trying to stop the labor.  Looks like it will all be ok, I'm frustrated and really angry for so many reasons.  No he did not cheat on me, I met him after this all happened.  I'm angry because she has not told him about this problem and also because if this baby dies she knows it will destroy all his faith in life.  He told her he can not bury another child.  I just don't understand woman sometimes.  I know some women will do anything to hold on to a man, but they were over long before this happened.  It was the worse mistake of his life as he puts it.  I know the main concern is this child.  She has put this baby's health and life in danger for no reason.  It just really makes me so angry.  Oh and this is baby number 4 by daddy number 4.  So many women try to have children, and then you have women like this that just don't seem to care.  

I'm not sure what I"m expecting here, other than venting.  I just feel helpless.  I feel I need to tell him tonight about her condition, but I'm afraid it will send him over the edge.  any sugesstions?  I've known about this since Tuesday around 9pm.  I almost told him last night. But I didn't.  We are actually going to attend his first grief support group tonight for the loss of his other two children.  Any suggestions would be so helpful.  

Hi everyone, I am 17 weeks pregnant and have been concerned as have had cramping like period pain from the start of my pregnancy, I started bleeding a few days ago so became very anxiuos and went to A and E but all was fine, I have spoken to my midwife and the cramping is likely due to my expanding to accomadate the growing baby, cramping isn,t always bad news. I have had 2 miscarriages so can understand how worrying this time can be but with my first miscarriage there were no signs it was a missed miscarriage and I continued to carry the baby for another 6 weeks, it was a scan that bought the tragic news a d and c followed. My second miscarriage I started to bleed and the cramping started the following day. Unless your cramps are accompnied with bleeding try not to worry, if you are bleeding and cramping at any stage then I would say go to hospital asap. Good luck to everyone and try to relax during this very stressfull and emotional time x
Hi there! I have read all your posts and I m feeling better now. I m 4w2 days and I am having cramps (that come and go) since 3ws. I did blood work twice and the numbers were fine. I also did an ultra but they cound't see anything cause it was too early. I ve read so much about cramps in early pregnancy that i ended up concerned about miscarriage and ectopic. I will have another ultra in the end of this week and hopefully everyting will be fine! My cramps don't fel like menstrual though. Any thoughts?

Hello, my husband and i have been trying for a baby. I have never had a late period before ever.  My period is 5days overdue and i have had constant headaches, itchy and tender breasts, gas, and constant cramps and flutterings in my stomach.  This after noon I had brown discharge just a little, then tonight (quite a few hours later) I got a sudden cramp and im bleeding, I am so disappointed I honestly though I was pregnant.  I have only been bleeding for 30mins, could this be normal?? I have had so many strange things happening, I want a baby so much! please give me feedback.. thankyou
I think ive suffered a miscarriage the little bleeding turned into heavy bleeding and extreme painful cramps. im so disappointed.  I wish there was someone to talk to about this.
My husband and I had been trying to have a baby for a long time as well and we just found out that I am finally pregnant. I am approximately 5 weeks. I had the exact same symptoms as you for 2 months before I actually became pregnant. I would be a week late and spot thinking it was implantation bleeding. Then I would have another week of heavy bleeding. It was so frustrating. Finally, THis month the second round of bleeding didnt happen and I had a positive pregnancy test. I still havent bled since i spotted with what i assume was implantation bleeding and im keeping my fingers crossed! :) SO DONT GIVE UP HOPE YET!!!!!

As far as cramping goes.. I have slight cramps as well. Not painful enough though to really be concerned I dont think... from what I read this is somewhat normal.
hi everybody i'm laura, i was so happy to find this site for me to know that i was not alone suffering..i'm 7weeks pregnant now and last week i had my ultrasound and said my baby was still small but it has a heartbeat iwas happy to that but now im worried because 6days ago me and my husband make love and there was blood came out and after a while i feel cramping until now its on and off and the bleeding is stable everytime i pee and i wipe,i'm having pads but it dont fill it just a spot...but at night i feel sick..i have schedule for scan next week..but im thinking im having miscarriage???im so worry this is my first pregnancy and i really need this baby...please help me lessen my worries and let me know if somebody experience this but still the baby is ok....please..hoping to hear from you guys...thanks...
I have had 2 confirmed miscarriages, and possibly 3. Now I'm feeling pregnant again. Sore breast, nausea, cramping. Has anyone had this mnay miscarriages and went on to have a healthy pregnacy?

I have a 16 yr old daughter. I had her when I was 16. Now me and my husband have been trying for another. It;s really scary, my husband is ready to give up after so many miscarriages.
So, I need a little advice ladies.

I just got over a UTI..i noticed after getting off one of the two medications I was on, I started feeling cramping and it felt like it was burning one day (but mostly cramping).  My boyfriend and I had sex 15 days ago, we used a condom, it didn't break, he didn't finish inside of me, everything was fine and dandy.  But after reading up on some things, I'm SO worried I may be pregnant. The only symptom I have of being pregnant though is the cramping.  My breasts are sore and i've been irritable as of today, but i'm expecting my period soon and that's what normally happens.

What do you guys think I should do?  Should I be freaking out this much?
I am not sure how far along I am, I took a test about 4 weeks ago and havent had my period since June.  I think I am about 8-10wks.  I just wanted to say that I have been fine until last night when I was using my progesterone suppositories on the applicator I saw some blood.  This freaked me out because I have been fine.  Has anyone had this happen?  Also I have been having very mild cramping in the lower part of my stomach.  I have had miscarriages and really am worried can anyone tell me if they have had this experiance with the cramping and very light blood?
Hi guys.
Last week I tested +.  Had my date scan and they say Im 4 weeks.  I am having cramps now and again through the day not everyday tho.  I have suffered with PCOS for years and 5 years ago had my ovaries drilled.  So, this pregnancy is wanted/needed but a little of a shock as I had resigned myself to the fact that I may never have a baby.  Any way..... when I had my date scan we saw the amniotic sack clearly in the middle of the womb but no baby yet....
Is this normal at 4 weeks to not see at least the start and are the cramps normal???  My boobs are aching like mad and I feel a little light headed now and again...  Is that normal???  I havent got a clue.. Anyone??
J xx
Hi. I have been having AF like cramping and gas along with slight nausea throughout the day(for the past 2-3 days). I have not been on the pill and recently had sex with my bf unprotected. I took a pregnancy test today  and it was negative BUT my question is...when should I take another test??
im 19 and this is the first time ive been pregnant. I am having cramping as well in the lower abdomin (abdomen). Im a lil over 3 weeks and the cramps feel like those period cramps you get. sometimes they are dull. sometimes they are not their, and sometimes i get these attacks where its a painful cramp and it hurts. im really concerned. my bf and i are really excited and I am nervous just because my mom has had several miscarriages and had a difficult time getting pregnant and keeping the baby.
Hi, I have very irregular cycles usually coming about once every 2 months but sometimes not even on that schedule. For the past week my nipples have been tremindously sore and breast are itchy I have also ben experiencing pelvic cramping and it was even worse after sex on one particular occasion. I have not taken a test yet because I dont want to get my hopes up to soon based off of just these symptoms. However I have experienced light spotting, frequent urination, nausea and most other typical signs a few weeks prior but im not sure because ive been trying for the past 7 yrs and these are syptoms (symptoms) that I have experience times prior but the sore and itchy nipples and pelvic pain is new. Could I be pregnant based on those two syptoms (symptoms)?
i did a calculation on the net to determine how many weeks im pregnant. The results states about 6weeks. I only feel nauesias after drinking gassy fluids or fruit juices. I havent thrown up, only feel nauesias and burning in stomach. Is this normal? Any remedies for this nausias feeling?
Hello im 17 year old i had unprotected sex while on my perido i have been having cramping a weeks after and on website says i would be 3 weeks pregnant but dnt no yet. Also having discharge once a day but its alot its been creamy at the begining like 5 days after sex it was all watery? and been getting head aches. But my boobs havent been hurting shuld they if im 3 weeks pregnant?

Thankyou <3 x
hi I am having burning and cramping...I have not yet taken a pregnancy test as I am not sure if I would be far enough along to take one because my period is not regular. My question would be is a normal sign that you are pregnant?
Hi. I'm 25 and first time pregnant. I did a pregnancy yesterday and it was positive. I did another later on in the day and it was also positive. I booked an appointment with my doctor that same day and had my blood taken.

Last night however, i noticed some spotting. Overnight, i wore a pad and there was only a trace of blood this morning. I received a call soon after from the Doc confirming my pregnancy! I mentioned the bleeding and i am going in for another blood test tomorrow morning.

The bleeding has become slightly heavier throughout the course of the day, and it is accompanied by menstrual-like cramps. As i write this, the cramping has subsided but of course i am worried and anticipating tomorrows results! I am in good spirits though and feel so much better after reading some of the posts.

I will write back tomorrow with results from the doctor.

xxxtrisha
i forgot to mention, i am between 4 to 6 weeks pregnant....

oh, and still waiting for the phone call.

fingers crossed
Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me i just found out i was pregnant last Friday and Sunday i started to bleed it wasn't heavy but kinda normal like a period i had no cramps a few little clots its Tuesday and i'm not longer bleeding as much i seen my obgyn today she took blood for my hcg level but didn't tell me anything i go back to the ob Thursday to get my hcg level checked again is it possible i had a miscarriage or could be having one ???
im just now six weeks pregnant and ive been cramping every single day just like im on my period.. but theres no spotting. i also get nauseus at night. but i have a bicornuate uterus.. maybe thats why im having those symptoms.
Hi am 5 wks 1day today and miscarried in my 8 th wk last year.I was extremely stressed about that pregnancy and am now pregnant after 4 excruciatingly long months.but I have faith in God and am most positive about having a baby. Perhaps it is the food I consume causing the burning cramplike sensations
(Lol,I'm indian so its v.spicy),so don't stress too much.everything happens thru the will of God.keep the faith and He'll tak care of the lil one
Hi all - I just wanted to share my experience if it can be of help to anyone. Im currently 4 wks pregnant :-) although very cautious and scared. I had a miscarriage 1st Feb at 7 wks +5 and to be honest it was the most saddest experience ever. Initially i had the sore boobs, crampings, no nausea then at 7 wks 5 days on a sunday night it started... with brown blood, then over the next 24 hours it became fresh. I had a urine test confirming pregnancy and a early transv scan, which showed the yolk sac but no bean. Over the next 24 hours i had contractions and miscarried. With both pregnancys i had and have quite severe crampings, enough to need a hot water bottle. Good luck to all xx
My husband and I are TTC. My period is due in 2 days; however I have been nauseated, dizzy, tender nipples and worse of all is the constant cramping I am having. It is not as bad as my period cramping but just a dull constant ache. It is more on my right lower side but tends to move around. Could I go ahead and take a pregnancy test and get a pretty accurate read?

Shawna
Hi ya

In my experience you can test now with either clear blue or first responce test (up to 5-7 days pre period), remember we can get a false negative but not usually a false positive, if u test and its negative just wait until your period is due, then check again. Good luck but your symptoms sound positive :-) hope x
Wondering if someone could please help.. Unprotected sex a week before period and now its about 10 days late and been getting cramping, severity differs. In past couple of day nipples are getting increasing sore/tingely and boobs are slightly heavier but not sore. Don't ever have any soreness with boobs or nipples pre-period. I'm telling myself I'm not cus I didn't have sex within supposed ovulation window and not having really noticable symptoms. Would it be too early to have syptoms (symptoms) if I was? Pending doctors appointment in 5 days just need some advice
im having period like cramping and also alot of pain in my right overy rea can anyone help me on this????
Hi i am new to this website i am wondering if someone can help, i had sex with my boyfriend 3days ago i am starting to get mild cramps in my stomach and ive been feeling a bit miserable, is it possible that i might be pregnant?
The only reasons I knew I was pregnant was because of the period type cramping on my left side, and the cramping that ran down my legs. I went to the ER in fear of an ectopic pregnancy, nothing showed on the ultrasound. I was worried that I might have miscarried, so I waited a week to test again. The tests came back positive. I was told that cramps are normal as long as they aren't severe. The pain I felt was dull and only on one side, and so far, I am 6 weeks and my HCG levels are normal and rising. Best of luck to you guys!
Hi iv been so worried im 5weeks pregnant only found out yesterday how far gone i am. 2 weeks ago i had really bad cramps in my stomach and i was pregnant then just didnt know iv had no bleeding and it was after them cramps i found out i was pregnant now im worried them cramps could have been a miscarriage even tho iv had no bleeding but been told you can miscarry without bleeding wich has added more to my stress could someone help with some advice please. Kate x
Hi lady's I really need help!! I found out I am 5 weeks preganat and I've gotten cramps that comes and goes but today I saw I had red blood on my panties but I have no pain or cramps!!! Is it normal or should I run to the ER? Help please! I'm very scared cause I already had a misscariged December 8th
Ok so I'm worried I'm reading everyone else post. My hcg was 11.7 and I'm 6weeks and 3days. I was bleeding everyday and the doc put me on proestrogen 200 milagrams. But I'm still cramping sumtim bad no blood though...advice? Please
I just wanted to thank you for your post. I am close to ten weeks along and started experiencing period-like cramping with minor bleeding for the past few hours. Your post gives me hope. Thank you for sharing. :)
Im new on here can someone please tell me what does AF & BFP mean lol
This is my first pregnancy. I went to the hospital fur an official test and they r judging by the start of my last period. I know they r off by like 4 or 5 days. But anyways wat is an hcg? Like i said this is my first n i have no clue about any of it. Im even scared to push a fart out cause i was told it could hurt the baby. Im only 4weeks n like 2 days. Im so scared that something is gonna go wrong. I have the cramps but they r very mild n im use to way worse but u ladys say its normal. Again wats an hcg
Nevermind i called the hospital and they explained it to me.
hi i am a mother of two and recently found out i was preg and was having rhis sane thing i got checked and had an yeast infection
I am about 5weeks pregnant with our first child.  I have been having constant mild cramping two weeks before I found out that I was pregnant.  The cramps are still going.  I have not had any bleeding.  Thank God.  I also have been very tired, butno morning sickness yet.  Just 3 positive pregnancy test. I go to the Dr. this Tuesday. I am petrified becuae I have had several cyst removed back in October, I am also 34 years old.  Any advise would b greatly appreciated.  Thank you and good Luck ladies.
I'm 28 weeks and have been having sharp burning pains when I move around or try to get comfortable??? any suggestions what it may be