Maternal & Child Community
Cramping no spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cramping no spotting

I am now 5 weeks pregnant and since last week have been experiencing mild cramping. Its not continuous and when it happens it happens for seconds.(maybe like 6 cramps a day)I was just wondering if this is a sign of a miscarriage, or ectopic pregnancy.I dont know if this is in my head but i aslo have dreams of having a miscarriage. I am so scared can anyone tell me these cramps are normal or should i go to the hospital?
hey dont worry..but if ur cramping take lots of rest, no vaccum, no too much stair climbing and speak to ur doc..but rest alot and drink lots of liquid
i think you should see a doctor if you are in doubt.  cramping in itself, if not severe, is pretty normal in early pregnancies (in mine, anyway).  no bleeding is a good sign.  but, again, if you are worried you should go.  good luck!

I think you should definetly see your doctor. I have heard PMS like cramps are normal for some.  When I had my miscarriage they were sharp and quick.
when you had your miscarriage how early did the blood follow after the cramping?
I had cramping and spotting around the same time.  Both would diminish and randomly come back and after 3 days of it coming on and off, I had severe cramping and thats when I had completely miscarried.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and you are not alone. I know its hard but try and stay strong.

guinea
If the cramping does not go away with movement and persists over a 24 hour period CALL YOUR DOCTOR!  My doctors have told me at several visits early on in my pregnancy that if I ever had these symptoms to call the right away.  Good luck!!

Gina
I think you should listen to the above advice but also wanted to add maybe a little bit of comfort.  I think a lot of women especially on this forum have felt period like cramps in the first few weeks of pregnancy and I think in general it is pretty normal.  They feel almost like period cramps, like your period is going to start at any minute.  Like I said I would still call your doctor if you are that concerned but some slight cramping is normal in the first few weeks of pregnancy. As long as it is nothing more than a period cramp type feeling I would not be concerned, anything more than that you may insist on blood work to make sure your levels are o.k. Hope this helps and try not to worry to much!
Hi, sorry for all you worrying, right there with you. I am almost 8 weeks pregnant, don't worry about the cramping as long as it's not severe or you have spotting. They say it's very normal, I have it off and on but I've already had two children. You may have more if it's your first. I would say it's your body stretching and changing. If you are really concerned, go have it checked especially if you see spotting. Good luck and keep us posted.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and have had cramping off and on since I found out I was pregnant.  I think as long as you don't have bright red blood, you should be ok.
At times, my cramping has even been severe.  I've had an ectopic and it's nothing like that, so I wouldn't worry.
Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months!!
I had sharp quick pains one morning and I remember thinking "that didn't feel right".  I started spotting that day and then passed the sac three days later.  Again, the feeling I am describing was not like PMS.  I agree with all the other post.  PMS like cramps are pretty normal.  The morning I had the suspisous cramps I called my doctor and they saw me immediately.  The ulstrasound confirmed that I was m/s and the blood test that I had the same day also confirmed.
I am 9 ani 1/2 weeks now and have had severe cramping pains since I was 6 weeks, I told my doctor and he wasnt interested, until eventually the pain got so bad that I demanded some tests, when I got my results back yesterday it showed that I had a vaginal infection and he prescribed me antibiotics. The pain has not gone away yet but I am hoping it will. If I were you I would go to my doctor and ask for a swab test, because if you have an infection and it is left untreated as mine did it could cause severe harm to your baby. I am going for a Ultra sound on thursday and am praying that my baby is ok. I had a miscarriage last december and the pains I got were very bad and I started bleeding the following day, so at least the signs look good in that respect.
Thanks for all the support and advice. I went to the emergency room two days after the pain, i was like 3 weeks, they did a swab test and a blood test, they didnt find anything wrong. They couldnt detect the fetus yet but of course it was too early. The pains are not that bad, they dont cause me to curl up or anything, but i was just wondering if they were noraml, or could they lead to an m/s. well i will be going to the hospital soon. once again thanks to everyone, and I will keep the whole board in my prayers.
I am also a few weeks into my first pregnacy and have been having cramps the entire time.  I am very worried b/c my doctor said my hcg levels on my first blood test was very low (they jump dramaticlly the second test) but they are worried b/c they are not detecting a heart beat.  The cramps are not normally on the side but in the middle right above the pubic area.  I keep running to the bathroom to make sure that I am not bleeding.  I have told my doctor and he says it is normal, but I am still scared b/c of the other problems I seem to be having.
I dont know yet if i'm pregnant as i'm only a couple of days late and the preg test came back negative. But all last week i had very severe cramps and some loose stools, so much so that i had to stop eating for a day or two. I went to the doctor and he said it was prob food poisening. Since then the cramps seemed to have subsided, but still not sure if i'm pregnant. Has anyone else had these probs?
I have cramps on my side like appendix pains, and i am spotting a bit. The spotting sometimes goes away but the pain is always there like an achiness. I have had an ectopic pregnancy before and I do not have any shoulder pain.

There is a history of ectopic pregnancy, as i was an ectopic baby, and the ob/gyn pushed the egg through the tube.

Has anyone had pains and spotting and been told it is normal?
I think the greatest thing about the advice woman give on here is great we help each other out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I'm so happy to feel I'm not alone and advice and hope is a click away! You woman are truly saints for taking you time out and helping other woman understand their pregnancy better!  
I have had unbearable pain through this pregnanacy I am now 6 weeks and have had spotting of blood at time the pain gets that sore I can't walk .. I havr been to the hospital twice and have been sent home with paracetamol and told to take 2 daily every 4 hours up to four times a day and they have seemed to help just a tad .. I woke up up 5 this morning with the pain lastesd for 1 hour then went away ! I have an appointment with a gynocoligist tommorow I will let u know how I get on I hope you and baby is ok :) .. Just take it easy I try to but have a one year old little monster lol .. Takecare ..
i bleed  heavy than cramp really badd
i started crampin a few days before i thought was my period than  i had i very light to med flow than nothing at all. i think iam 5 weeks not sure show ina all the classic sign beside  pukin and breast tenderness. but i fatuge nasusann peeing and the time moody and vivid dreAMS WITH  i think is peein on my self but not jus down there it fell wet all the time,, and jusicy but when i look it nothing there my lower my is still crampin right now jus mild cramps and like a streathin fellin i still dont think iam pregnant cus i bleed  but some thing is there can u tell what s going on  my af surpose to come on the 14th but came on the 7th implatation day.. jus weire any body in my shoes????////