Maternal & Child Community
Cramps after IVF egg transfer..Normal?.day 5

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 601-666 comments:
Good luck tomorrow!! I hope that it was simply a false negative and you will have some good news to share: )
I don't know, at this point it shouldn't be negative.  What a roller coaster!  My suffering will end tomorrow though.  I'd like to think of myself as a tree (I love trees).  I may lose some leaves tomorrow, but spring will come.  Time will heal my wounds and this only IVF cycle will be in the past.  I'll never forget I almost had four kids.
I sincerely hope that your path will not come to an end tomorrow. I hope that your tree will blossom full of leaves and renewed hope will lift up your spirits. The journey has just begun for you! I am crossing my fingers, toes and bellybutton for you today!!
It was negative, I'm devastated :(  I hope it works for you so I could be happy for someone.  Good luck tomorrow, and thanks for sharing with me.
Oh no :' ( I am so very sorry to hear the sad news. I hope that Spring comes soon for you. Thank you for your encouragement.
I feel scammed.  I hope you're doing good, and your silence means you're celebrating your good news.
Hi There!!

Just finished with company tonight. Yes, we have good news! I got the call this afternoon that we are indeed pregnant: ) We are over the moon with joy and love. Thanks so much for your support. It feels nice to share the good news with someone!!! Going back on Thursday for another blood test.

Have a wonderful night!
OMG! That's wonderful!  Now you made me cry of happiness.  You're so lucky to be blessed with such a gift.
Enjoy your new journey and I wish you the best.
Thanks for your well wishes: ) I really appreciate them! I am sending you happy thoughts and well wishes for your future too!!
If you arent having any cramping after a day 5 blastocyst transfer is that normal. Can you still be pregnant? When would you have implantation bleeding if that occurs
hi stef Im moye and have the transfer on 01/03/2011 I have a tummy cramp and back pain after 4 day of implant and Im going for day 7 and it's not easy to wait an other 8 days but Im confident I trust in JESUS CHRIST I hope you are a good news since you post this mail. good luck
Am new, did my day 3 transfer on Mar 26 2011 and i do not feel anything, am worried.
This is actually my first IVF cycle and i have taken some time off work to rest. Am really worried, no symptom at all for now.It's 3 days after my day3 transfer (2embies).
Would love to hear from someone cos i have been crying for a while now.
Hi Akpu,

I know this is a difficult period...I am also in the 2ww...it's my first IVF cycle as well...had the ET yesterday...i.e 03/31...due to test for HCG on 03/15was in severe pain  last night...it's not easy...takes a toll on you physically and emotionally...but I know it will all be worth it...how you feeling now?
I am also in the 2ww...I had 2 frozen embies transferred on 3/26.  On 3/26 and 3/27, I had very faint cramping and mild nausea which would come and go....It subsided for a few days and last night I was nauseous before I went to bed.  My blood test is 4/8.  I took a home test today because I was curious and it came back negative..I am hoping for my sake I tested too early..I have had no sign of implantation bleeding or anything...just what I listed above.  I am afraid if I don't get the bleeding, then something is wrong, although everyone is different.  I probably stressed myself out for the day with the negative result. I hope everything works out for you.
This is now my 4th cycle so I know how you must be feeling.
My first cycle was in May 2009, got 5 good embies....don't know what happened, but didn't get preg.  2nd cycle, Jan 2010 no good embies. 3rd cycle Oct. 2010, didn't respond well to meds and cycled stopped.
I had transfer on 4/1 and I am now in the 2ww period.  I need not tell you how much anxiety my husband and I are feeling right now...aside from the daily proges shots that are knotting me up and causing severe pain.
I actually started feeling some very severe cramps this morning and beginning get worried.
Hello this is my third day after embryo transfer and it was such a beautiful day i did not stay all day inside. i have been going to the park for short walks.Now i am worried that i should have stayed in bed all day.
I am for the first time on Ebay winning lots of bids, spending a fortune but having fun. reading and feel very positive. however I really have cramps often and lots of gas yesterday. the cramps are not on one place but sometimes left and sometimes on the other side. If I would have my period. when would that start? Ohh, my brain goes everywhere....My breasts are bursting out of my bra, is that good news? or from the medication? I would like to know if some of this signs are good. OMG I feel like in a twighlight zone...
Is it normal without any feeling of cramps or pain after the 3rd day of transfer?
Hello Everyone, I am on 2ww on 9 day post embie transfer and so overwhelmed.  I also cry alot, last night I cried and cried, sometimes I feel different and think I am prego, then at times I feel normal and feel it didn't work.  This morning I woke up with some more cramping, I had been cramping, but only for a little bit, then it would go away and this morning has been for a while.  Is this normal?  Has anyone felt this before and had a positive?  I have been praying everyday, and I try to stay positive, but there is always that doubt in the back of my head.  I wish the best for everyone, but if anyone can please give me some advice.

Baby Dust To All!
I'm three day post 5 day embryo transfer.  One embryo was a blastocyst that looked really good and the other one just looked good.  I have cramping and feel nervous.  No spotting.

Btw, the oral progesterone with the better quality suppository is better than the IM shot.

And I'm seeing Dr Hummel in San Diego.  Really like him.
I am on my 12th day after the embryo transfer and I have 3 days left to go till the pregnancy test. I have been feeling alot of cramps especially today.

Along with cramps I had a feeling as if my period is coming very soon and very bad back pain which I eased under a warm shower.

Is there a possibility that I will be pregnant at all, or will I get my period very soon? Has anyone out there experienced this and came out with a positive result?

Would really appreciate your comment..

Would really appreciate your comment.

***********************************

I would like to thank you for your reply, that makes me feel much better, but I won't keep my hopes too high, to avoid getting too dissapointed.

In addition to my comment, I have forgot to mention that at this stage, my breast are not sore at all, they were at the early stage but only 2 more days till the blood test and they are not sore even one bit. Did this happen to you as well? Or is this a bad sign?

Also, congratulations on your baby boy. You are very lucky and very blessed.
I enjoyed reading everyones "Journey" and it made me realize I too am not alone.  I am on bed rest for 3 days, had my transfer yesterday.  I did day 5 with 2 grade "B" embryo's.  

Baby Dust to you all
wow, we are on the same schedule! i'm goin on the 26th too.  i have lots of cramping too.  i had several days of nausea but likely from the meds...im on progesterone shots and estradiol ;) Good luck to us all...sticky vibes, baby dust and all...
Best of luck to everyone!!  I am in the 2WW.  5 dpt (5 day transfer, 2 embies from donor eggs).  I am over-analyzing EVERYTHING!  Today I have been crampy and right now feel very bloated and tight in my uterus.  Anyone do an hpt this early and get a BFP?
Hello everybody, i've been reading everybodies posts which have made me cry (i'm not usually this sentamental). It makes me feel better knowing more women are going through the same thing i am and understand how i feel. I'm in my first round of ivf, i had 3 ectopic pregnacies in the last four years. I had both my tubes removed and one of my ovaries was also removed because my last ectopic was growing in it. I just had my retrieval yesterday 6-8-11. two follicles were retrieved and i got the call that they were fertalized. Implantation will be on sat 6-11-11..
Good Luck to everyone!!!!
I don't know if my theory will work, but if it helps someone i'm happy. I've told myself that if i can't have children of my own i will adopt. I will love that child unconditionally and will know he/she will be in good hands with me. Most people don't understand my theory, but I try to stay positive and really want to become a mother no matter what.. Hope it helps someone out there..
hello there im new to this. ive just had my second time of ivf i had my embryo transfer 8 days ago ive been having some cramps for a couple of days now like my period is coming the same thing happened to me through my first ivf and it was negitive and im so scared that its happening again is it normal to have crampming like ur period is coming. ive been reading all ur posts and they are realy helping me good luck to u all of u
            love nikki xx
Hi all I'm in my 2WW have done IUI 2 times and this is my 2nd IVF cycle.... I'm having cramps and I'm really worried this cycle is not going to work either, funding hard to keep positive and keep my steers levels down.....I had a 3 day transfer....my blood test is next Friday wish me luck!!!!
Looking forward to heard comments on cramps...
One mire question, what type of food is good to have during this period????? So many questions :)
Hi Stella,

I had my 3 day transfer on June 30th.  I am in the 2WW and it is so hard.  Are you going to test today?  This is my 2nd IVF, the first one failed.  I am nervous to test early, that is what I did the last time and it was negative.  I am very hopeful this will be positive.  I had one good egg - 8 cell.  I have a low ovarian reserve and do not respond well to treatment.  I've also had two miscarriages (naturally conceived) and we are going on 3 years of trying to have a family.  It is sooooooooo hard!!!!  I wish the best for you and everyong on this website!!!  
i had frozen embryo transfer on 23/5/11 blood test will be on the 2/8/11....i am going crazy with the wait..I have some mild cramps and back pain. Have felt nausea and dizzy but i am also taking progesterone pessaries 2 times a day......will admit i did do a hpt and there is a mild 2nd line but it comes up after the time it is due to!!!!!! going crazy....
I'm so very sorry to hear of your news.  My jaw drops to hear of only 5 eggs retrieved.  I had my egg retrieval last July, 33 eggs were retrieved, 28 survived.  We have had 6 transferes since July 18th, 2010.  We've had 2 pregnancies, and the loss of 3 babies, all at 6wks.  We just had our last transfer July 21st.  My blood test is Aug 3rd and I am an emotional wreck.  The waiting period is awful.  I have cramping non stop, nauseous because of the meds, etc... You know all about that.  All I can say is keep your head up and keep praying.  Best of luck to you if you chose to continue your adventure.
Hi All..Im doing my second IVF (Which I'll consider the first because of an error that happened during my first), got my 2 embies transferred 3 days ago. I have no symptoms but bloating & gas because all the fiber Im eating:)..Im on my 3rd day of bed rest but Im moving a bit more today..I have no cramps or bleeding..was advised of drinking almondmilk & eating almonds or any alkalizing products..any advice anyone?:)
hi everyone,this is my first ivf cycle after trying three years im 23yr old one of the fallopian tube is blocked i'm on the day 12 th after embryo transfer i had a quick shower today on my day 12 been just feeling little bit of cramping n back pain n its jst like im going to come on my periods if any one can tell me anything please. i jst cant wait for my blood test after 2 days good luck to everyone  
hi again i just want to let u lot know tht i got only one embryo transfer n frst 5 ays my breasts were sore bt today just goan to normal,im reli reali worrid any tips anyone can gv me plz,
It is reassuring to hear everyone's comments. I am on my first round of IVF, transferred 2 embryos on 8.1, test on my wedding anni on Friday! We are hoping for the best anni present ever, but fearing the disappointment. I have had cramping off n on and a general feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen. Last week the pains were short and shooting n this week more pressure, but not as bad as period cramps. I had a small amount of blood but nothing significant. Anyone have a pos test with similar symptoms. I am worried all symptoms that give me hope are false due to the progesterone.
Hi everyone i am glad i found this forum because i can see i'm not the only one going crazy during my 2ww...this is my first frozen ivf, i went into hyperstim when we were doing the live ivf so we had to stop the whole process....i am on day 8 of my 2ww i've had alot of cramping for 2 days now i feel exactly the same way i feel when my period is coming...i have not had any bleeding at all but i have read that some bleeding could be normal implantation bleeding...i am trying my best to stay positive and i pray alot but you just never know what the outcome will be...
Hi by now you should have your results i feel that i have the same symptoms as you I still have 7 days to go before my blood test...would you like to share your results? I prayed for everyone on this site to have their dream come true and become a mommy
Hello all,

I had my IVF transfer on 14th Sep 11. Since then I experience period like cramps in my tummy!! I have had an ectopic preg. last year in Dec. Am worried if this cramping is sign of another Ectopic. Is this normal to hjave cramps in the midrif of my lower abdomen at this early stage?? This 2WW is killing me!! :(
Hello all,

I had a few IUI's, but they didn't work for me to low sperm counts of my partner.  IVF  has been a long and difficult ride.  I think the shots were the easiest part of the whole process.  After that I felt my stomach was always cramping, body was in pain, stomach swelled up, I had a large amount of weight gain.
The Dr. retrieved about 30 eggs, but only half were mature enough to go further.  I happy to hear that I was able to freeze some and had one to insert.  
I took the valium the Dr. has advised me on taking.  The egg transfer was pretty okay. I ended up getting acupuncture before and after my treatment to help things.
In the middle of the night I had period cramps and when I woke for work I had discharge.  My heart, my dreams and all the efforts I made sank.  I saw a small blood clot and stared at it for sometime thinking that might be my baby.  I broke down and assumed I lost the baby.
When I called my IVF nurse she said it is normal and it doesn't mean anything.  I toss and turn every night and think about the results I am going to receive on Wednesday.  It is always the question..did it hold, if it didn't hold..what else could of I done.
Tomorrow is my blood test and I'm a bit anxious. I already thought I lost they baby on Monday...but will know for sure tomorrow on the results.

I pray for anyone who is going through this.  It is damn tough..emotionally and physically.  But always stay positive and believe it will happen for you one day.
My name is Sandra this is my third ivf attempt first was etopic second didn't
Take I had my egg transfer wed and have had lower back pain since yesterday today is Friday 23rd of September is this a good or bad thing please help have spoke to nurses they are no help thank u all
It has been a comfort to read everyone elses craziness.  I am 40 and on my first IVF cycle (after 2 failed IUI's).  I just had my transfer Wednesday and am continuing to take the Estradiol pills and the Progesterone shots (oh those are not fun). I have been trying not to go crazy wondering if there is something wrong.  I'm bloated.  I have cramps, but it's more of a pressure on my sides than a menstrual cramp feeling; along with other weird feelings inside here and there. My lower back aches as well.  Some of you say you have some of these symptoms, some don't.  I'm guessing it's a little different for everyone.  So I'm just gong to continue to follow the doctors advice to "take it easy" and pray, pray, pray for the best.  That's all we can really do.  
hi,i m new to this forums.i m trying since last five years.i had four unsuccessful ivf cycles 2 fresh and five frozen.I had another frozen cycle this month on 1/10/11 and and my blood test is due on 13/10/11.i m not experiencing any cramps or any other symptoms.today is my fifth day and i noticed yellowish sticky thing came out.i m so scared.Can anyone help me and tell me that if its normal.
Hi There everyone.  Wow...this is something.  I hope that all you ladies and embies grow and be well.  I'm 7days post 5day blast.I used donor eggs.  I had 5 eggs out the deal.  One blast and 4 ok's..they all were transfered. They all made it to blast but not the so called best. However, I know it sounds crazy but I'm in it to win it.  I'm feeling ok.  crampy at times and lower back pain the most.  sore boobs as well. but i had them before i transfered.  preg test on monday.  I'm not going to take a hpt.  I'm going to wait.  I go tom to see if my levels are doing well.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  and i will do the same for you girls.  take care and dont worry do much
good luck and may all your dreams come true
Thanx and good luck of everything..
Thanx and good luck for everthing..
Hi Everyone...this is my second IVF cycle. The first one did not make it to transfer. Today is my blood test. I am so nervous that I woke up at 4am and could not go to sleep. I've had spotting and cramping as well but I hear that does not mean you are or are not pregnant. I hope I am though like all of you guys are hoping. I've taken a pregnancy test yesterday and this morning and came back negative :( . I'm praying for everyone here that God give you strength during this stressful time.  
hi I am 26 yrs, i am trying to get pregnant for last 7 yrs but no results.Now we went for IVF. On Oct 28th 2011 i had 2 embryo transfer (day5). i am having till tummy ache is that normal. and my blood work is on nov 8. i can wait till then.
hey i am also in the same boat. i had 2 embryo 3day transfer on 11/6 and now in the 2ww. still have a tummy ache like i ate something bad and cramping on and off.. you said your blood work was yesterday hope it came back with good news for you..
Hi Everyone,
I have just spent the last half hour reading everyone’s comments, as i am so nervous right now about my 2ww...I got 1 blast transferred on the 21/11/11.
I haven’t really had any symptoms apart from some very slight cramping every now and then and a couple of pink/brownish blood spots on day 3 post transfer. I am now on day 5 post transfer and could not help myself and took a HPT which came back as negative, I am so upset right now as i feel like i have failed!!! can anyone tell me if it is still too early for it to have a positive reading at day 5 post transfer?
i had a successful ivf treatment in 2005,had 2 day 3 embryos transferred and was lucky to get a healthy baby,we are now undergoing a frozen embryo transfer cycle, we had 1 day 5 blastocyst transferred on tuesdey i too have i little tummy ache like period pain and back ache, i never felt anything the first time around at all so wondered if this was a day 5 thing find out 15/12 if its worked.
Hi All,

I have read all your comments, which has been helpful. I too am on my 2ww, I have 4 days to go before blood test. Just wondering if anyone is having lower back discomfort during your 2ww. I have previously had a successful ivf, but this one seems different so a little worried.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Everyone,
I just had a 5 day embryo transfer 3 days ago and still not feeling any different. I know it's too soon to feel anything but I'm becoming very anxious. It's good to know that I'm not alone in this.
Good luck to you!  I just had a day 5 transfer and am on my 3rd day post transfer. Thank goodness for all you lovely ladies that share your experiences.
Hi all I just wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone else out there.

After 3 years of trying, me and my hubby started our first cycle of ivf in April. On 9th May I had 14 eggs collected, of which 11 showed signs of fertilisation. I felt pretty ripough after egg collection so had 3 days off work resting and taking it easy. On day 3 I had two embryos implanted. I took it easy for a couple of days afterwards, but wasn't advised to take bed rest & pretty much continued my normal routine. The only real difference I made to my routine was refraining from exercise. I'm usually pretty active, but my clinic advised against any exercise other than gentle walking. They also advised against any heavy lifting or stretching.

A few days after embryo transfer we found out that none of our other embryos had been suitable for freezing which made us a little sad and slightly concerned about the quality of those which had been implanted. I also started with period like pains (although no bleeding) and these pains were pretty constant until we returned to the clinic on 28th May for our pregnancy test. I had no other pregnancy symptoms (ie no sickness or tiredness). I resisted doing any home pregnancy tests as I'd heard that false readings can be common due to the supporting medication I was on.

We were delighted to be told on 28th May that I was about 4.5 weeks pregnant. I simply couldnt believe it as it'd always thought I'd 'just know' when I was pregnant. I really thought I'd feel different or something. The clinic reassured us that it's quite common for other embryos not to be suitable for freezing and that also not everyone has strong pregnancy symptoms early on. In fact they stressed to us that every pregnancy is different & unique.

We returned to the clinic on 13th June and were delighted to meet our baby. We even got to hear her/his heartbeat!! It was a truly amazing moment and one that I'd almost given up hope of experiencing. Although two embryos were implanted I'm only growing one baby, but it's been confirmed that the pregnancy is developing normally and I'm now about 7 weeks.

I still haven't really had any symptoms. I feel a little hungrier than normal and suddenly find myself wanting spinach or cheese or avocado (although not altogether I must add!!!). These are foods that I enjoyed before pregnancy though so I wouldn't really call them cravings. There's still been no sickness and I only feel marginally more tired than normal. My abdomen is definitely expanding though (might be due to the increased hunger I guess!!) and I do get the odd twinge and this now feels different to period pains so I guess it must be the baby growing and developing.

My husband and I feel so blessed and grateful to all those wonderful people at our Fertility clinic who helped us and have our fingers and toes crossed that everything else goes smoothly from now on.

I wish everyone else on here all the luck and love in the world. Although no two ivf or pregnancy experiences are the same, I hope my experience helps some others of you out there xxxxxx

Ths is my first post and glad to read your post so close to mine. Ths is our first ivf (icsi) cycle. I had 7 eggs retrieved on Tuesday with 5 fertilising. 2 embryos were transferred today. I was to,d t other three were no suitable for freezing so feeling apprehensive about that. I am 38 so wasn't expecting as high rates as some younger mums to be. I was concerned about the splitting. My best embryo had split into 5. I know his is not top quality, but was told it wasn't poor either!!!  

It's going to be a long 2ww

Today wasmy late nanasbirhday so I'm oping she was looking down on me.  

Nope all goes well
I'm 42 and had a 3dt on Friday, 7/6, and now I'm on my 2ww. This was my 4th IVF cycle with success on my first attempt. I have a beautiful 5 yr old daughter.

Now that I'm older I was quite surprised that I'm still getting the same number of eggs, between 3-4 with 2 - 3 fertilizing. Actually, my Dr. got 4 this go round and 2 fertilized and were transferred day 3 (1 8 cell and 1 6 cell).

I was on bed rest for the first 2 1/2 day, so I was up and mobile during the late afternoon on Sunday, 7/8. I had mild cramps on 1 dpt and severe cramps during the late evening 2dpt.  The cramps were so bad and lasted about 10 - 15 minutes. I go for my first PT on Saturday and then a follow-up on Monday, 7/16.  I don't remember any of these symptoms with my daughter, but they say every pregnancy is different. I pray that I'm pregnant this time and I wish blessings to anyone going through this! Baby dust :)
Just an update and I really hope you all don't mind me jumping in here. But I got a BFP on 7/18. It was my 3rd beta that confirmed. here were my stats:

Beta 1 - 13 on 7/14
Beta  2 - 22 - on 7/16 (since my #'s didn't double, they thought it was a chem pg.
Beta 3 - 47 on 7/18 (Thank God!)
What I did different this time:

1. Had a hysteroscopy (Dr. scrapped the uterus) Actually, I had this done on the 1st success IVF too. On the two failed attempts this procedure was not done.
2. Ate a low sugar high protein diet
3. No caffeine or artificial sweeteners
4. Did moderate exercise 5 times a week (45min - 1 hr of walking 4-5 d/week)
5. Tried to eat as much organic foods as possible
6. I ate pineapple, but only a couple of time after the transfer
7. Last, but definitely the most important, I prayed on it and put it in the hands of the Lord.

I don't think anyone has posted to this site in a while, but just in case someone comes along looking for info., I hope this helps.

Peace and blessings to all those that are in the struggle...
Am 2 days after embryo transfer and have cramping and back pain still got 10 days till test and am hating the wait as been trying for 7 years. Really hoping AF not gonna arrive good luck everyone xxx
hi,

im new to forum.. I had three failures of IVF.. it was much bad luck.. one cycle stuffed by IVF.. and now im on the fourth 5day transfer and did transfer on 16th and im on 8th day now my blood test due on 27th.. today I feel cramping since im due to my period tomorrow.. all three cycles failed with bleeding full period 4 days earlier blood test.. I just need a positive pregnancy even though it will not success after that. then I knw at least there are chances.. when the pain hits me im just scred to death thinking not again.. this is the worst thing in the life..
Viewing 601-666 comments: