Aa
A
A
Close
Cramps and late pregnancy.
Hi there all. I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first child. For the last few weeks I have been having internal exams regarding my cervix. I found out Wednesday I am 1 1/2 cm dilated. Ever since the evening of my appointment, (November 8th) I have been having what feel like menstrual cramps. They first seemed irregular, but have since increased in consistency. It's been two days now! I have been having these cramps/contractions, dull lower back ache, increased vaginal discharge, and diarrhea all this morning. I don't know what early labor feels like. I just know I am uncomfortable. I have lost pieces of my mucous plug over the past 2 weeks. Now I find out I am dilating. Is this labor? I understand it's normal to cramp/contract slightly after a cervical exam, but for two days+. It seems odd to me. Any support???
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
When I had my daughter my contractions started out as a twinge then slowly progressed.  They started out about every 15-20 minutes then kept increasing.  When I started laboring harder, I was in the bathroom a lot with diarrhea (sp?) I hope you are timing them, keep track and call your doctor if they get to 10 minutes or so apart just to give them a heads up.  We did not go to the hospital until my contractions were just a few minutes apart, I labored hard at home.  Bye the time I went to the hospital I was 4cm.  I have heard of women walking around for a week or more dilated.  Best of luck to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
169256_tn?1189759432
WHEN I HAD MY SON I STOPPED WORKING 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME ON A TUESDAY. THAT FRIDAY NIGHT I STARTED HAVING CONTRACTIONS. I LOST MY PLUG ON SATURDAY AND CONTINUED HAVING CONTRACTIONS THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL SATURDAY NIGHT AND WAS ONLY 2CM. ON SUNDAY EVENING I WENT BACK AND WAS RIGHT AT 4 CM. I HAD HIM EARLY MONDAY EVENING. IF THEY GET ABOUT 10 MIN APART I'D GO AHEAD AND CALL. IF THEY GET TO BE REALLY PAINFUL I'D CALL.
Comment
Cancel
169256_tn?1189759432
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
im 37 weeks and 4 days and yesterday i got checked and had an exam and the doctor said i might have light spotting and cramping but he didn't say for how long. today i am still spotting and having cramps. how long does this usually last. the cramps are kinda painful. this is my first baby and i have no clue about labor or anything medical like that. please help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Cramps and late pregnancy.
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952