Maternal & Child Community
Cramps at 21 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cramps at 21 weeks

Could someone tell me if they have period like cramping at 21 weeks? i have been feeling it all day in my lower stomach area. I have not felt this type of cramping since early on in my pregnancy, I am just a little worried
It could be for various reasons. You could be going thru a growth spurt and your uterus is expanding. You could be a little dehydrated. It could also be your BH getting stronger and more noticeable.

I know I had bad period cramps with both of my kids. I had what they called an irritable uterus. With my 1st, at 16 wks the cramps got so bad then I started bleeding a little. Turns out my placenta was tearing away from the wall. With my youngest, I had cramping off and on, but what made me decide to go to the hospital ( I was almost 31 weeks) was there was a lot of pressure down there and it felt as if he was falling out. When I got there, I started having those period cramps that got pretty bad and went into my back. I was having regular contractions, and he had dropped. They gave me some drugs to stop the contractions, but it continued like that until I delivered him at 36 1/2 wks.

You might want to go to the hospital, birthing center and get checked out.
i am 21wks 5days and i had some cramping a few days ago.  it woke me out of sleep.  it was like af cramps.  i had them on and off for two days and that was about it.  I never called the dr cuz they went away.  if its persisting i would call your dr.  best wishes