Maternal & Child Community
Cravings?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cravings?!?

I thought it would be fun to find out what all kinds of foods you are craving or have craved. For me it's all kinds of fruits and juices, tomatoes and or tomato products, sour cream, turnip/mustard/collard greens with plenty of vinegar, salads w/italian or vinaigrette dressings, sauerkraut, and mexican foods. What about you???
oh wow...uhm mainly with me it's orange juice, pickles AND anything with garlic and i HATE garlic lol
Well I am not even quite 5 weeks, and I already have aversions to several things--gravies,meats,candy, etc. I feel like I always want peaches, apples, juice and water. Also plain toast and low fat whole grain crackers.

With my last pregnancy that I lost, I craved capers--those are pickled flower buds from a caper bush, for those who don't know.
How weird is that????
Also Minute Maid limeade popcicles. I couldn't even wait to get out of Wal-mart to eat one. I'd open the box right then and there and do my shopping while eating one!
I'm starting to realize that some of my cravings have to do with what my body most likely needs.  I crave a lot of burritos, which isnt healthy but it does have rice, tomatoes, chicken and guacamole in it. Also, I crave brownies.  Now I know that really isn't good for me but, I CANNOT drink milk by itself and so, I think the cravings for brownies is just a craving for milk.  Sounds weird but I cant drink milk alone. YUCK!

Some things I cant figure out like coffee but, I think it's good to give into to your cravings once in a while.  Especially if you thing that it's the neutrients in the actual food that your body craves.
vinegar! anything with vinegar! its very odd.

pickles, fruit roll ups, milk, fruit (any kind) and yogurt..

its been a strange ride so far, but i would rather have the cravings than the first three months when i couldnt eat anything!
I have craved biscuits and gravy, Taco Bueno crunchy tacos, Olive Garden breadsticks, and Mug Root Beer.  The Mug Root Beer was something I had to have NOW (at the time).  I love the cravings!  They crack me up.
Mexican, bland foods and any kind of berries!
How cute!  I couldn't eat a thing till well into my second trimester, and even now I have to avoid anything greasy and most meat.  I have been mostly having aversions and eat what I can, but I have been eating salads like crazy and bagels with tons of cream cheese.  Although I have no problem eating Big Macs, but I think it's because I don't have to smell the meat cooking.  Right now I'm wqaiting for my blueberry muffins to cool, have been eating tons of those too.
Well I don't eat meat and I wanted a big fat steak with mushrooms and onions. =) I wanted a strawberry short cake ice cream from Coldstone with with a piece of cake mixed with graham cracker crust pieces and whipped cream and sweet cream ice cream, strawberries in a gotta have it size waffle cup and I am lactose intolerant. I enjoyed every bite and did not get sick same as with my 1st PG with DS. lol It's the only time I can ever eat dairy. Not tooo outta the norm but way outta left field for me. ~dani
I crave salty foods- french fries, pizza, potato chips(which I never ate before) and Orange Juice.  I also crave Mexican food. I also noticed that there are things that I used to love that now I do not like.  Also, in the beginning I could not stand the smell of meat cooking.  That stopped around 13-14 weeks.
I haven't had many, but mine have been....

mashed potatoes or baked potatoes
Goldfish crackers
bananas
gummy orange slice candy
spree candy
with baked beans on toast with chocolate ice magic on top and i dont like baked beans normally
it depends on the day.   yesterday it was pickles, the day before chicken patties,  now grapes/  I don't know what it will be tomorrow.  are carvings just in my head???
I'm seeing a theme of mexican food : burritos, tacos etc... lol glad to know it's not just me.
I can't get enough apple juice! I love Arby's roast beef sandwiches with Arby's and Horsey sauce. I could eat cereal all day long too!
Its seafood for me! Shrimp scampi(Mmmm!), crab legs, shrimp alfredo, seafood sald with club cracker(I really don't like seafood salad except for now). Wow, the other day I had a headache so bad I wanted to cry I had just eaten acornbeef sandwich so I wasn't hunger DH wanted to go to Red Lobster. I went and ordered the shrimp trio just scampi and pasta and the minute I ate the scampi it was gone! This kid must've wanted it bad(lol)
My first successful pregnancy (she's 14 yrs now) - Salads, all kinds of Salads, preferring the Grilled Chicken Ceaser Salads.  I couldn't touch Oreo cookies and they were one of my favorites.

2nd Pregnancy (she's 9 yrs now) - McDonald's Cheeseburgers.  My stomach didn't like the smell of cooking meat of any kind.

This pregnancy (7 weeks today) - Salads, steak, Italian sausage, and more salads (especially tomatoes, cheese, etc).  I can't eat Reese Peanut Butter Cups... I loved those things too!
lol...yeah i kinda see some themes going on! Oh and a big steak doesn't sound really good to me until my DH offered to smother in mushrooms, onions, and A-1. The other day I picked up a bottle of A-1 in the condiment isle and asked my DH if we needed any and at that moment I felt like I could literally drink half the bottle. I know it's disgusting. And I normally LOVE coffee but I can't even get half a cup down!!!
I'm a little over seven weeks pregnant.  I keep craving tomatoes.  Fresh ones or not.  Tomatoe soup, chili, tomatoe juice, etc.  I also had a big hankering for some of those little butter cookies dipped in milk.  Ate my fill of those in one day and haven't wanted them since.  Can't even stand the thought of anything greasy....yuck!  I have also really craved some meals from Olive Garden, and salads.  The tomatoe craving hasn't gone away.
i craved chocolate with both my pregnancies constsntly and whipped cream mmmmm and chips and gravey like you wouldent imagine the smell of peanuts the taste everything made me feel sick also i couldent eat meat the first trimester or so i had 2 dds i wonder if there is some truth in the sweet food girls and the salty sour food your having a boy if so there are alot of you haveing boys lol.
Anything with lots of protein!!! I love hamburgers, bean and cheese burritos and lots of cheeses!!! I feel like I'm hungry constantly that for the last few nights I've been dreaming of grocery shopping or fast food, lol!!! :)  Too funny!!!
I'm twelve weeks pregnant and I keep craving/dreaming about sweets. All I've been wanting is canned peaches, ms.field's cookies and duncan hines cakes with cream cheese frosting. I can stand the thought of chicken or fried fish but I've been chowing down on red meat. Yesterday I wanted hot dogs and french fries for dinner while today I am dreaming of stewed pork neckbones with potatoes and white rice. Yuuuumm!