Crinone 8% elimination
I am approx 6-7 weeks pregnant with a hx of repeat miscarriage,I had an ultrasound @ 6 weeks with no heartbeat. My doctor told me to discontinue my crinone8% prescription and let the miscarriage occur naturally. How long will it take for the progesterone to be eliminated from my system, and when should I expect the bleeding to actually start.
6 weeks is sometimes too early to see the h/b. Have you had your hcg levels checked to make sure you are miscarrying? I wouldn't stop the progesterone till you know for sure the pregnancy isn't viable. But to answer your question, I was on progesterone for my first trimester and my nails were very brittle. I heard you have great nails during pregnancy. One week after I stopped taking the progesterone, my nails started growing longer and stronger. I am convinced it was the progesterone that was the problem. So for me, it was a week and it was out of my system. But I urge you to get more info before accepting that you are miscarrying. Doctors make mistakes once in a while. Good luck to you.
Debra
cdw
Hi. I agree with above as for waiting. I would request another u/s in 1 week after the last one to determine fetal development has ceased all while still taking progestrone. I would discuss with your Dr and I'm sure he would agree that is an option. As for progestrone, the Crinone 8%supp has a absorption 1/2 life of approx 25-50 hours. Meaning after your last dose 50 hours later that dose is used up in the body. Will be thinking of you...