Aa
A
A
Close
Crinone 8% elimination
I am approx 6-7 weeks pregnant with a hx of repeat miscarriage,I had an ultrasound @ 6 weeks with no heartbeat. My doctor told me to discontinue my crinone8% prescription and let the miscarriage occur naturally. How long will it take for the progesterone to be eliminated from my system, and when should I expect the bleeding to actually start.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
6 weeks is sometimes too early to see the h/b. Have you had your hcg levels checked to make sure you are miscarrying? I wouldn't stop the progesterone till you know for sure the pregnancy isn't viable. But to answer your question, I was on progesterone for my first trimester and my nails were very brittle. I heard you have great nails during pregnancy. One week after I stopped taking the progesterone, my nails started growing longer and stronger. I am convinced it was the progesterone that was the problem. So for me, it was a week and it was out of my system. But I urge you to get more info before accepting that you are miscarrying. Doctors make mistakes once in a while. Good luck to you.
Debra
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi. I agree with above as for waiting. I would request another u/s in 1 week after the last one to determine fetal development has ceased all while still taking progestrone. I would discuss with your Dr and I'm sure he would agree that is an option. As for progestrone, the Crinone 8%supp has a absorption 1/2 life of approx 25-50 hours. Meaning after your last dose 50 hours later that dose is used up in the body. Will be thinking of you...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Crinone 8% elimination
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources