Maternal & Child Community
Crying deeply inside

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Crying deeply inside

I was looking for answers for my problem when i came across this web page:

Today i'm 6 weeks pregnant and been spotting light pink blood since last tuesday. I have been to the ER and they said it's a possibility of a miscarriage and put on bedrest. They did an vag ultrasound and saw the yac sac w/nothiing inside. Yesterday I saw my DR (The grestest) and he said he see's no bleeding when he checked me. Of course I saw upset with my body because of all days it decided not to spot blood until after I got home. My DR said that my HCG levels are great but for some reason i'm scared, and know that i may loose this baby. I already have a one year son w/my husband and want this one so bad. Some reason in my mind everything will go wrong in this pregnancy until hopefully i'm holding the baby in my arms. I go back to the DR on tuesday and get a vag ultrasound to see the heart beat.  I'm just looking for a reason to believe that bleeding while pregnant is normal even though I know it's not.  Just looking for a sign hope.
Actually bleeding during pregnancy is normal, and a lot of women on this site have been through it. I personally never bled, but a lot of women on here will respond who bled for wks and wks in their first trimester and have went on to have perfectly healthy babies or are now late in their pregnancy with a healthy baby. Sometimes the reasons are unexplained. Sometimes it is caused by a cyst. Spotting is not a big deal.  If you were severely cramping I might worry more. They always tell you there is a chance to miscarry in the first trimester when you are bleeding/spotting. It's common for them to say that. Once you hear the heart beat Tuesday your chances for a miscarriage go down. Try not to stress. You aren't alone.
Bleeding and spotting can be normal. If you don't have cramping followed by more red bleeding, you are probably okay. You said that you spotted when you got home from the doctor. I can tell you that I have bled and spotted after every single appt so far, as well as after sex. I am so scarfed to have sex now because when I get that bleeding after, I am terrified. I hope you get to see the HB on Tuesday. Good luck and if the bleeding gets heavier or you have bad cramping, go to the ER
Oh yeah--bleeding and spotting can be very common--- and if your HcG levels are good that is  VERY GOOD sign.
From the day I had a positive pregnancy test I had light pink spotting quite often when I would wipe. When I was 5 weeks 6 days, an ultrasound showed ONLY an empty gestational sac and NOTHING else.I was told I may miscarry. When I was 6 weeks 3 days, I BLED red blood and totally thought I was losing the baby. But I had no cramping and the bleeding stopped as soon as it started.

At 8 weeks, there was a baby with a great heartbeat!!! I was still spotting brown when wiping, and it was found to be what is called a subchorionic hematoma: what happens is that the placenta pulls away a little from the uterine wall and causes some bleeding. In most every pregnancy it heals itself and the pregnancy continues just fine.This is what happened to me.
At 12 weeks, the Dr said it was totally healed; and if he didn't know I'd had one---he wouldn't have even been able to tell there had been this problem.

I am now 34 weeks with a healthy, normal baby boy. SO....I know that even with some bleeding and spotting it can turn out to be alright. Many women on here have been through it too.The fact that your HcG levels are good is the most positive news.Mine were good too even when I was spotting and that always gave me some hope.

I know it is SO HARD to go throught the stress of a touchy pregnancy. I remember those days and I know I felt so sad and scared every day. I honestly don't know how I made it through.
But you will make it through too, and I am betting you are going to be just fine.
Keep us posted hon!!!
I have experienced bleeding during pregnancy in 3 out of my 4 pregnancies.  One of them was a miscarriage.  I have bled pink, brown, red, bright red....
Don't jump ahead of yourself.  Pregnancy can be very scary, and quite the emotional rollercoaster.  MOST pregnant women can't relax until the baby is born, and perfect.  And then, a whole other list of worries begins.....it NEVER ends.  Just part of the mommy in you, you'll be fine.  Relax, take good care of yourself, and get to Tuesday.
I had a LOT of bleeding in my first trimester. Still not sure what it was in the beginning, and then a few weeks in it was due to a subchorionic hematoma (which is when I bled the most, and even passed a tiny clot or two). At 5w 4d they couldn't find a hb and then somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks they found one! I was so relieved!
I am now 17 weeks pregnant and have not had a spot of bleeding since around 9 weeks (I think) and I still, to this day, look at the tp when I wipe! I have had several u/s's and they all look great, but I think I'm with you, I don't think I will be ok until I"m holding this baby in my arms!
Just know that things CAN be ok even if you quite a bit of bleeding :)
I had to chuckle at myself when I read your comment----I also had a subchorionic bleed at 6 weeks. Everything healed fine and I am now 34 weeks. AND I STILL CHECK THE T. P. every time I wipe!!!!!!!!
Can you believe that? I agree with you---I don't think I will relax until I am holding this baby in my arms!!!
i bled from the time i got a positive test until i was 10 weeks.  it was especially bad when i had sex or went for an exam.  i also had tiny cramps.  it was really scary but now i am 36 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy.  good luck!
Thank you to everyone. It helps to know that i'm not the only one w/this problem. I'm just concered because I didn't have this problem w/ my son and I already had 2 miscarriages in the past. It's getting bad because I fear going to the bathroom and seeing my worst nightmare. Anyway thanks, and i'll let everyone know how things went @ the DR on tuesday.