Curious
I had a period Dec 20,2011 and was suppose to start again and was suppose to start again about 2 weeks and have not started.  I have taken 7 tests and one at the health department all of which was negative.  I have always been on time, I missed one pill on this last pack because I dropped it and could not find it. Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for almost 4 weeks now.  When I took the test at the health department today they told me wait two more weeks and retest and then if its still negative have blood work done... Anybody ever heard of this.  Let me add I do have one son and didnt find out I was pregnant with him until I was 13 weeks along...
Hi!
I assume the test at the health department was blood test. If it was not, then please get a blood test done for HCG estimation. This is more confirmatory for pregnancy. If this too is negative then other causes of delayed or missed periods will have to be looked at such as ectopics (can give negative urine/HCG tests), stress whether emotional or physical, hypothyroidism, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance, unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Take care!