Cyst on ovary- will burst
AE
After my mc in April I went for an ultrasound where a cyst on my right ovary was discovered. My Dr. (who is vague as all get-out) told me it was "uncomplicated" and benign. He also said it would just go away or burst or something? Anyway, have any of you ladies had this kind of cyst? Any info to offer on the bursting cyst?
I seem to have a small cyst on my left ovary every month, it comes and goes in size. sometimes I feel a little twinge of pain and other times I don't. I guess the risk of surgically going in is worse than the risk the cyst poses?
ok ladies- I had a d&c on 5/4/05, had brown bleeding  on 5/21/05, got AF on 6/6/05 for 4 days then spotted again on 6/13 and 6/14 stoppd,then yesterday woke up with brown streaked cm yesterday and today. Is it possible to bleed with O? or should I be concerned about spotting? any info greatly appreciated. I do remind myself it has only been 7.5 weeks since procedure and my body is just trying to get back to normal. I have had an ultrasound and everything checked out ok-and I have no pain or discomfort-thanks
kierstn
could you take a look at the previous question?
I too have cysts on my ovaries.  I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).  The cysts do eventually burst which can be painful, like having bad gas pains. When they do burst, the excess fluid is just absorbed back into the body. They have not caused any damage to my ovaries.  There is nothing you can do to prevent a cyst from growing, that I know of anyway. I've lived with it for years, to me it's just an irritant that is tolerable.  Let me know how things go.
the cyst on your ovary was most likely what they call a "pregnancy cyst" it's a cyst that develops in early pregnancy and is supposed to produce the progesterone your body needs to maintain your pregnancy until your placenta takes over. they rupture and or disappear on their own. nothing to worry about.
AE
Thanks, for the info. I have had some wierd pain and it felt like my AF coming on, which I wouldn't be surprised because my AF had been kooky since the MC. Anyway if it is the cyst bursting that would be better. I don't want to see my AF til next month like it's sopposed to. I'm glad you told me about the reabsorbtion into the body. I wasn't sure if I would bleed when it burst or what. Either way, thanks all.

Wish i could address the bleeding after D&C but I didn't have one. Sorry.
It's not at all uncommon to have cysts.  Usually the doctor can tell by the appearance on ultrasound, and also by your personal medical history and risk factors, whether it is something to be worried about or not.  
Many (most) cysts are small and either rupture (you may or may not notice a thing beyond a twinge) or just collapse and reabsorb.  

I don't know much more than anyone else here about them (except that I've had a couple in my life that went away).
Last evening, I had a cyst burst right in the middle of a chinese restaurant! I felt a dull pain that within minutes had me sweating like a dog (if a dog could sweat) and my ears starting ringing. The pain was sooo intense it felt like I was in the last stages of labor. I got up and past out right in the floor. Yea, in a restaurant..... We got to the parking lot after I'd come to and puked. Got to E.R., pain slowly faded. And by the time they'd drawn blood, did an EKG, I was feeling just fine. I've had em burst a couple times before, but not this much pain...and not in a restaurant! I read on the internet that too much androgen (testisterone) and too little progesterone can cause it. Well, I've been using progesterone cream and testosterone cream for the last month. The testosterone was suppose to get my mojo (libido) into gear! I'm 48, perimenopausal. But, I survived the evening, still a tad bit EMBARASSED!!!!!
I had a miscarriage and had to have a d&c the 2nd otf this month. I had a cyst on my right ovary when they went in to do my first ultrasound in which the only thing they could find was a sac and a cyst on my right ovary. Everybody gets them  thats why we have periods and they trigger ovulation....
you should be careful with the cyst i had one and it basically twisted and killed my ovary it was dead and i almost died because it almost ruptured my ovary so becareful and have it watched
OLD POST FROM 2005
After my miscarriage about 2 cycles later I had a cyst burst in public, the pain was so intense it brought me to my knees, I cried and laid in the road for 5 minutes until my friend was able to wave down a cab because I could not walk.
i have just got out of hospital, was there for a week with a ruptured cyst on my ovary, had a scan, rectal and external and internal examination, but docs were so vague about what it is, will it come back etc, sudden severe pain, went to a&e, given morphine then a weeks worth of paracetamol amd tramadol. never had one before, will it come back and what do i have to do post treatment?
I was told a week ago that i have a 4cm cyst on my left ovary...I have 4 pain pills left out of 32 and i have missed 2 days of work last week..Right now i feel weird i have been sweating alot thru out the night and funny feeling in my tummy and my tummy has been feeling sick i have been having a hard time eating.....Should i go to the ER today?
Im only 16 and i've had 7 ovarien sists. once you get one, your most likely to get another. They burst at one time or other. you get use to what the pain feels like and know when its an emergency. Im sypatetic, becuse i know how painful they can be, but evenually they go away. but you need to get them checked when you think you have one, its very unlikely, but it may be cancerous.
I just found out that I have ovarian cysts and emdometrosis. I have been bleeding for two months, It has gotten worse and now I have a terrible oder. What is going on?
I have been having cyst for a while now and when they burst..  I feel my organs move. Now my periods are worse by the month.  Blood clots the size of my fist and pain all of the time.  This month pain in my left breast along with the normal pain I deal with.
Tell me what you do if you are having this problem. I feel like I am dying.. Peorids are so heavy that I now wear pads every 15 minutes changing.  I can't leave home on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period.

Lainey
I had ablation done about a year ago to remove the lining of my uterus because of my heavy bleeding. Within that year I have not had a mentral cycle. I found out last week that I had cysts on my overies and my endometriam. I have been having sever pain on my lower left side, nausia, and cold sweats. All of a sudden I have started bleeding lightly today. I don't know if the cyst have burst or if the cyst is causing me to bleed and I need to seek immediate attention. Does anyone know anything about this?