Maternal & Child Community
Cyst on ovary while chance of being pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had seen my doctor b/c I think I'm pregnant. He gave me a sonogram and found a cyst on my left ovary. When I got the sonogram I seen what looked like a baby's head on my right side. I have been feeling SHARP pains throughout my lower back and lower stomach. My breast feel tender and sore to the touch. I vomit every now and then. I am worried about what a cyst can do if i am pregnant. What harm can it cause to me and my unborn child?
Did the doctor not see what you saw??? Did they check for pregnancy on the sonogram?
I have a cyst on my ovary and I am pregnant. My doctor told me not to worry about it. That the pregnancy hormones would take care of it. The cyst would most likely erupt and be gone with. Sounds kind of scary to me. But my doctors have taken care of me through the pregnancy and delivery of both of my boys, so I trust them
while pregnant i had a 16cm cyst on my right ovary. Had it drained to 5cm at 8mth pregnant. now my son is 5wks old and i still have the cyst it is about 12cm and i have to have it surgically removed soooo if you do have one and you are pregnant i would defintely tell your doctor to keep an eye on it because if pregnant they cyst can twist and what not and cut the blood supply off to the baby...

from my understanding a cyst is very normal in ovaries - even in pregnancy - it should just be monitored. i'm just a little confused about you thinking you're pregnant cuz saw baby's head - first of all where in your cycle are you? did your dr. check your uterus or just your ovary?have you taken any hpts?
Take an hpt. If you are that far along to be able to distinguish a baby's head on an u/s then you would definitely get a pos result. Did you talk to the u/s tech when they were doing it to see what he/she thought? Sometimes the screen can be deceptive to an untrained eye too. GOod luck.
When I went in for my ultrasound they found a couple of cysts on my left ovary, which I was afraid at first was an ectopic pregnancy when she zoomed in, I can't tell much from the screen.  She had assured me that it was normal and would go away on it's own and wasn't concerned at the time.  Your Dr. would let you know it there was anything abnormal, but you should ask about what you saw on the ultrasound.  When I had a 6 week u/s with my son you couldn't tell where the head was yet, it was just a blinking dot, kind of like a little bean, so you would probably have to be closer to 10 weeks to tell, I would just call and ask.
Just recently I thought I was pregnant b/c of symptoms of a normal pregnancy...tender breasts, sickness (afternoon), tired a lot, etc. But, I always had pain in my lower abdomon, expecially my left side, and back and I had my period (the past two months) which lasted for a whole week(not normal). My periods would be very very heavy for the first two days, stop, then start back up and I would only spot for the remainder of the week. The first month was very terrible for me due to pain in my abdomon when I would walk, so I had to walk very very slow, it gradually went away and I was able to walk normal again. I was thinking that I was almost 2 months now b/c of the symptons but to find out that I am not. I have had urine hcg's done for the past 3 weeks and each one of them came out negative. I even had an ultrasound done recently and they did not find anything except for a cyst on my ovary. The doctor did not really explain anything about the cyst to me, just kept telling me that I'm not pregnant. I would like to know more about this cyst on my ovary and why I am still getting symptoms of pregnancy like very sore and achy breasts. Could I have breast cancer or having these symptoms due to the cyst? One of my friends keep telling me that I am pregnant because she had the same symptoms as me and now her daughter is 21 years old.
Just recently took a pregnancy test and it showed positive. I've also noticed that here recently I've been haveing sharp pains in my ovaries while walking. Could these pains be something bad or wrong with me or the baby!?!
i am with you i have had two kids one is 17 and the other one is 11 and i have the same sympthoms with them and what,s going on now i am spotting , nauses, my breast are getting bigger and my stomach is getting bigger i am feeling thumps something thumped my rib and i have had several ultra sounds done two this year and they said you,r not pregnant but you have a small cyst on your right and left overy i get dizzy like i did with my other boy,s a doc. heard a heart beat and the tech. and i heard a very strong heart beat when she whent in and did the ultrasound from the inside out but i have everyone telling me when is you,r baby due  and i have people saing you,r fixing to have a baby but yet nothing,s showing up on the ultrasound . it,s gotten my husband convince that i am not pregnant i have been takeing prenatel vitamines and my stomach and my breast started growing bigger and i am feeling the thumps all the time my uterus is long the lower portion of my back hurts terriably i was told to just go on about my normal life keep doing what i am doing i was told in april if i was pregnant than your about 16 week,s and i don,thave a clue what he,s saing i will half to wait for 4 month,s to see what they say i was on my ultra sound on my computer it look,s like you see a head and solft spot without the actually skin . it look,s like it,s starting to develop i can,t tell .