Cystic Hydroma ++
My wife (38 yo) and I were told on Monday that our baby girl had a less than 1% chance of living. Initially, her quad screening came back 'abnormal' (4.7 and 7.1,) in two categories and 'normal' (1.0) in the other two. The high numbers were from the precipitous labor and chromosomal disorder 'realm'. As we did the pre-Amnio Ultrasound, the technician said things didn't look good and she needed to get a doctor. They more or less told us that 'we' are sorry that your baby is so messed up and eluded to the fact that this was a severe case of Downs Syndrome or some other genetic abnormality. My wife and I cried for a good bit and sat there quite numb. We have two beautiful children and and just couldn't believe it really. They mentioned that the baby had a significant amount of fluid in the chest and abdomen, as well a cystic hydroma.

We got the prelim results from the Amnio today and the baby doesn't look to have any genetic disorders. I know this is too soon to be hopeful but now my wife has a glimmer of such. I am reserving my glimmer of hope until follow on tests can be run.

I guess what I'm looking for is some advice or encouragement or just a prayer. Thank you all. Tony and Stacey

I will def keep you and your family in my prayers.  Good luck with everything and please let me know what happens.