Maternal & Child Community
Cysts and Vaginal delivery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Cysts and Vaginal delivery

I have an ovarian cyst that is 6cm in diameter.  It occasionally causes me some discomfort when I am walking and at times when I am lying down.  Will I be able to have a vaginal delivery with this cyst?  Or will the labor irritate the cyst even more?
I'm sorry but I don't know about that.  What has your doc said about this. I'm sure he's gotta to have already mentioned this to you about labor and having the cyst???

Sorry--just saw your question.

If the baby was born alive and then died, she will get both a birth and death certificate.  If the baby was stillborn, she will get a certificate of fetal death.  

The baby has to be at least 20 weeks gestation, or over 500gms in weight.

I am so sorry about what happened.  

People get confused about birth certificates.  They actually are certificates of LIVE BIRTH.  Thus if the baby is stillborn, a different certificate is issued.
Whoever posted a comment about cysts and vaginal delivery obviously either commented on the wrong question or completely didn't understand the question!  My question had NOTHING to do with live and dead certificates of birth.  Could someone please answer my question?
Chill out, that was incredibly rude. As Christie had mentioned, it is not uncommon to have a thread used for another question and/or answer when the rest are full or filling up. This is one of the reasons we can address posts to a specific person (as Christie had done to Missy04).

---it is not uncommon for us to leave a comment for someone else, under a different topic.  We only get a few spots a day for posting.  I should have said "excuse me for making a different comment".  I was not being polite, and I apologize.  Misty had asked me a question a while back, and I just saw it.

As to your cyst, only your doctor can give you a specific answer to that question.  We are just a group of ladies (with the occasional man) who talk about maternal and child issues.  Generally, if no one leaves you a comment or you only get one or two answers, it is because no one here knows the answer.  

I have known ladies to deliver with cysts, but there are different types, different locations, and different sizes, and only your personal physician knows about yours and what impact it might or might not have on vaginal delivery.
Thanks for covering me, girl.

Can't wait to hear your good news.  Hopefully, SOON.
Anytime, you deserve much more respect than what was given. I tell you, I am ready for this little guy to come see us! My 2 year old keeps telling him to "come out" we are just waiting for him to utilize one of his fav phrases after Tristan gets here..."put it back" If he doesn't want something (food, toy, water, whatever) he will tell us to put it back, so we expect the same with his brother. John just hopes to get it on tape!

Anyway, I will be sure to let you know when he gets here. We are guaranteed to have him by the 27th (doc said she would induce before then) so keep your fingers crossed he comes sooner than later!! Only 3 blasted days until my due date : )

I hope everything is going better for you.

Andrea
Just to let everyone know I had a doctor's appointment and I asked him if my cyst would in any way interfere with having a vaginal delivery.  He said it would not.  He did say, however, as far as surgery is concerned that if I wind up having a C-section that they may operate then.  It all depends.  If the cyst has gotten much bigger he said they may have remove my entire ovary.  On the more positive side, he also said that after I have the baby the cyst may dissipate and slowly shrink.  That's what I'm hoping for.