Cytotec for missed abortion????
Hi everyone - I have a huge decision that I need to make, and I am unsure of what to do.

This is my 2nd "missed abortion" in a year and a half.  Same scenerio each time. At 7 week u/s there is an underdeveloped fetal pole/no heartbeat.  So they check hcg levels - and find they have stopped rising.  A second u/s a week later confims no growth and again hcg levels remain steady (no increase).  

The first time this happened I had a D&E - which did not go well. I found out  months later that they had missed some tissue and this created MANY problems b/c they couldn't find the problem until after I passed tissue on my own, 2 shots of methotrexate, and a laporoscopic surgery.  I basically tested + for preg at total of 7 months after initial D&E.

They suggested another D&E - but I have extreme reservations.  They then gave me a script for Cytotec to terminate.  But after reading all the info on it - this possibility scares me even more. Please any advice?
The two of them were blighted ovums???? (that's another term for missed miscarriages), i had one and they say that really "nothing" causes them....that is just a "fluke" of life....sweetie....i cannot imagine what you are going thru right now.....(((hugs)))...so sorry =(

I would say go to get a second opinion or if it's for sure (you saw it in the u/s, then go to another clinic or hospital, obviously, this one you had your first at is not very good at it.....
=)
Unless you are having problems like cramping and bleeding, if it were me, I would wait on taking the Cytotec.  If you miscarry, your body may well take care of things itself, and if not, there is always time in a couple of weeks to go ahead.  (I'm curious why they didn't prescribe methotrexate.)  I would wait about two weeks and have another ultrasound before doing anything at all, unless you are having emergency signs like bleeding and clots and cramps.
Have you gotten another opinion on this situation? This is really horrible for them to keep putting you through this.
I recently used Misoprostol (Cytotec) for a miscarriage and I didn't have any problems at all. I have a doctor's appt on Tuesday though to see if I passed all the tissue.
Thanks ladies for the kind words.  It means a lot to me.
I have had a second opinion (the specialist who finally fixed my last problem) and he suggests D&E as well.  
Methotrexate was not suggested b/c it didnt work for me the last time (had two shots of it but still needed surgery.  
I am thinking I will wait a week to see if I pass it on my own.
I am so sorry to hear you have had so many problems and now this.  I too had a d&c 6 weeks ago and thought everything would be fine and felt it would be the best option, not that I was really given others, but I just had to have another d&c today because of missed tissue, so...I think I would definitely get a second opinion in lieu of all the problems you have had to endure.  I dont know that I would go the d&c route again myself.  Good luck and I really hope things go much better for you this time.  (((HUGS)))
I had a D&E on Feb.3, 2006 with my first pregnancy. I'm so sorry to hear that yours didnt go well. My second pregnancy also ended in a miscarriage but i passed on my own.  The D&E for me was less trauma, and less waiting. My 2nd took almost 3 weeks of heavy bleeding and bad crammping.  I just found out that i am almost 5 weeks. I'm nervous and scared. I would wait until another u/s to see what is going on if that is what you feel in your heart.  If not, sometimes it is easier to just get it over with. (not to sound harsh) but sometimes waiting is worse. all the best. i'll pray 4 u.
hi iam doctor soasan
1st of all you must know the cause behind your recurrent abortion.i advised you to do antiphospholipid antibodies test.
you con used cytotec if you have closed os pre d&c