Maternal & Child Community
DEPO PROVERA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

DEPO PROVERA

On Dec. 5th,2003 i received my first shot of depo-provera. In the month of Jan. I spoted for almost 3 weeks straight, and for two days in the month of Feb.On March 6th,2004 i missed my second shot.On the 15, i felt my baby move for the first time ,and i am just starting to have pregnancy symptoms like sleepiness, frequent urination.I also startd my period again after missing my shot. I still continue to feel my baby on a regular basis. The only problem is that when i take a pregnancy test they all come up negative. I was wondering could the low levels of HCG be a side effect of DEPO-PROVERA, and that's why the test keep coming up negative? Also, could this mean that my baby isn't growing at the rate it should be ? What problems can this cause? What types of birth effects can occur? Or could this mean that there is something wrong with me?

Another problem is that i can't receive prenatal(kaiser permanente policy) care until I get a positive pregnancy test result.What can i do until the time being
If you can afford it go to the doctor and get a blood test
What makes you so sure you're pregnant if you got a negative result and a period AFTER you missed your 2nd shot?  I'm a little confused?  Also, if you were pregnant, you would not be able to feel your baby move this early.  And You can't get a period if you are pregnant, maybe some spotting but not a flow.

Either way, you should have a blood pregnancy test done, those will give you an accurate result.  Call you doc.  Good Luck w/ everything.
hey there,
             I would have to say that your probably not feeling a baby move.. probably gas.. i dont think that you are pregnant if your getting negative tests.. and if you were feeling a baby move.. you would def. get a ++.. i would have to say that your periods are probably messed up from the depo.. if you still assume your pregnant.. get a blood test from the doctor.. please take care

~*Chloe*~
i've been pregnant before , so i know what my baby feels like
well i think you need a blood test before assuming anything.. i dont think that your pregnant and getting -- tests.. if you were feeling a baby move you would def. have a ++ test.. i honestly dont think a baby could live and thrive and move around enough for you to feel it if you have low horomone levels.. at least low enough not to register on a test.. you honeslty need to be seen by a doctor and get some answers.. hope you find out whats going on..

~*Chloe*~
Hey,
  Just wanted to ask if you have gotten a blood test.  I have been told many times on this site just today that they are more accurate that hpt.  How far along do you think you are?  I'm not sure, but if you say you feel the baby move then I would definately make a first appointment with a doc anyway.  One office visit isn't that much, and he or she will answer all of you questions for you and if you get a + on blood test then most insurance will cover that first visit too.
My sister is a nurse. She said that a blood preg test can show an increase in hcg as early as two hours after conception.

I know you may think you feel a baby move, but i'm wondering if you have ever heard of fantom feelings. It's a very real thing, and if you have been pregnant before then you know what it should feel like so your body makes your brain think thats what it is.  Happens to a lot of amputies and women that have late m/c or still birth.

usually you can walk in to any health dept. and get a blood test the same day.

good luck
Just from my experence I was on depo shot and you have signs of pregnancy and are not pregnant and there is no way possiable you could feel you baby kick so soon you don't start feeling any movement until your about 4months pregnant I had a baby about 5months ago tomorrow is 5months and well I didn't actually really feel him move until I was 4months along maybe a lil ferther and I had a m/c on the depo shot the shot was in my systom but the shot killed the baby well anyways I don't think a baby would  make through the depo I might be wrong but I honestly dont belive your pregnant and you want have a period if your pregnant...

Depo doesn't kill a baby.  Many women have inadvertently received the shot without knowing they were pregnant.  It is obviously not optimal to receive the shot while pregnant, but it won't kill a healthy embryo.

I would also advise just going in to get a blood test.  You can even walk in to any planned parenthood and get a blood pregnancy test.  There is no side effect of depo that decreases HCG levels, so if you are pregnant, it should show if the urine test is done.  For SURE, a blood test will tell you.

The depo shot will cause irregular bleeding and lack of menses, weight gain, bloating, etc.

Good luck
Hi everyone!I am new to the boards. My DH and I went to the Dr.s for bloodwork yesterday.We had a couple of negatives on HPT's as well....but I am 14 days late with AF. Still waiting for the results...but my comment is about payment. MOST insurances won't pay until you have a positive result.My insurance is this way.We had to pay $12.00 up front for the test yesterday.That is not alot of money...and wouldn't you like to know what in the heck is going on with your body?It does sound to me like the "phantom Feelings"
Tara
mommy to Cassie 10/15/98
TTC#2
I went off Depo Provera after 2 shots in January.  I was supposed to get my injection mid-January but didn't.  Now I'm having nausea every day - almost all day long - fatigue, and sleepiness.  Mid-March, I had some spotting just for a couple of days, followed by SEVERE breast swelling and pain.  Then I had what seemed to be a normal period two weeks ago (5 days long, not very heavy, no cramping).  I am confused because I rarely get nausea and I am wondering if it's possible that I'm pregnant since I had a period.  Help, please.
Can you have a period and be pregnant?
I have a couple questions about the shot that i havent asked my doctor yet. I have been on the Depo shot for almost a year now and about 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex. I was wondering if the shot can effect home pregnancy tests? and also how probable would it be that i could be pregnant?!
I use depo vera over ten years ago now and one of the side affect for me was every time there after I actual did get pregnant I would get a negative hcg until about the fourth month. I would have all the signs and symptoms and would get a negative hcg and even was unable to see the fetus on the sonogram. If you feel that you are pregnant just be very careful and don't let anyone tell you anything about your body. You know it best.
I got the Depo-shot about four months after I had my son. Me and his dad never used any other kind of protection except for my shot. About a week or so ago I started throwing up every morning and even during the day. I can't eat anything without throwing up. I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive. Then i took a second one and it showed up positive but after a few minutes one of the lines disappeared. Yesterday morning I woke up spotting and now the blood is getting heavier. Is it possible that I am pregnanct, had a miscarriage. What is wrong with me?
Hi everyone! Im new here but I also have a question. I have been on the depo shot for 6 years off and on, well when I got off the shot I got pregnant. My dotor recommended a triple screen test and the results came back abnormal for down syndrom (syndrome). I had to go through getting an amniocentis and days of worrying myself sick just to find out my hcg level was low and thats why I had an abnormal test result. Thank the lord I have a 17 month old beautiful healthy baby boy and he does NOT have downs. I was wondering if maybe the depo could have caused me to have a low hcg level??????
i know i am quite far pregnant, my mum has just caught on to the fact that my tummy is swelling but i am not yet ready to tell her, i have to take a preegnancy test tonight with her what can i do to make the result negative until i can tell her myself? pls help...
Hi I wanted to ask everyone, did you have any problems with the Depo shot. I just started taking, but I am hearing stories that it is dangerous. I am thinking about going on to the patch hopfully that will work. Just i was wondering what all the problems everyone had.
Hi I wanted to know of any problems anyone had with the Depo shot, becasue I just started it and i haerd stories about it.
hi , i was wondering if you could get pregnant after having unprotected sex TWO days after missing your depo shot
Ive had three depo shots and about seven months ago i got married to the love of my life.. We found out that i more than likely wouldnt be able to have children so i got off of birthcontrol... and recently i found out that were going to have twins... the doctors told me that it would be at least nine months before i could even start ovualting and that if i started to feel more tired then usual or a weird feeling in my stomache then to get a pregnancy test.... and so i did in fact i took 23 to be exact and they all came up negitive but come to find out that i was 7 weeks pregnant. The doctors could figure out why my home pregnancy test kept comming back negitive.... they did some test on me and found out that it was because of my depo it caused my hcg levels to be very low that they wouldn't pick them up.... even tho i was 7 weeks pregnant... so i do believe that you very well could be pregnant!!!!!!!

best wishes
I just found out a week ago that i was about 6 weeks pregnant.  The problem is i recieved the depo shot a week and a half before i found out.  It's strange because i kept having negative test results and so i thought that i wasn't pregnant.  So i went to the doctor for a urinary tract infection and my doctor told me that i was 5 4/7 weeks pregnant.  I'm worried that something bad is going to happend to my baby.  What are the side effects of the Depo Shot while being pregnant.
hey everyone
First, yes you can have your period if you are pregnant
Second, I was on the depo shot for about two and a half years and boy can I tell you it has messed me up at first it was fine like the first year or so but if you never get your period it really messes up your body. I began spotting all the time I think it is like your body is trying to clean itself out but it can't, it didn't seem healthy. It drove me crazy I went through times where I was always tired and I never wanted to have sex I had like no drive for it at all. Finely after two and a half years I got off and went on the patch and that was horrible by the end of the week I felt I was wearing a dirty bandaid and it is not definite but I almost one hundred percent positive I got pregnant and lost it. Then I got one more shot about four months ago because I thought my system was cleaned out and I would be safe. I feel just plain dirty I spot constantly I have been spotting for about two months straight now. My boyfriend and I, a little over amonth ago decided we wanted to have another baby, Well the doctor said that I should get my period regular because it was the first shot I had in a while guess what I haven't my period for almost five months now.  MY RECOMMENDATION TO NEW USERS IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE IT ALTERNATE BETWEEN TWO SO YOUR BODY GETS A CHANCE TO CLEAN ITSELF OUT 6 MONTHS DEPO 2 MONTH PILL. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THE PATCH!!!!!!
hey everyone
Hello everyone, I received a Depo shot on March 18, 2004, and on May 15, 2004 I had my period. I deceided not to have another Depo shot becasue I want to get and IUD. But since then I have not had a period. Do you think I should be worried about pregnancy?
Hi I am also new to the board, I'am 17 and Am on my first shot of the depo... tommorrow (oct.7) I'am due for my second shot... however I am not going to take it.... this weekend past I had multiple times of unprotected sex with my fiance'... I've been bleeding heavily for prior for almost 6 weeks straight... My stomaches hardended over the past month and I have all the symptoms.. but every test the nurse gives me is negative... is there somthing wrong with me or could I really be swelling up and hardening from pregnancy? Is it possble to become pregnant rigth after not getting the shot or a week prior even if your bleeding? is it just drainge or Am i on a period releasing an egg to be fertalized? PLEASE HELP!
I went through and read all your posts and thought that i would share my story with you all. I'm 22 yrs and i have been on the depo shot for over a year before i got prego. I went in the first part of Feb and got my regular depo shot and continued to get that shot every three months on schedule. Every time i went in they do a prego test as required, ALL CAME BACK NEG. I started to gain weight and thought well i should get checked. Did a home prego test and it came back neg. So i thought nothing of it. Just that i was packing on the pounds and needed to cut back a bit. It continued and i started getting a lot of heartburn and feeling gassy and so i decided to go into the docs and have them check me out. SUPRISE! YOUR 27 WEEKS PREGO! Note i had 3-4 tests come back negative, each month i had spotting. My miricle is due here January 12th. Please for everyone out there on the shot be careful. when they say it is 99.9% effective there is always that 00.1% that it does not work for.
hi, i came off depo just over 5 months ago after 1 year on it.  i would love to start a family but as yet no period has appeared!  i know it can take up to a year to return and that you can ovulate without having a period, but i would really love to know - can anyone help or offer advice??
i have3 been taking the depo for almost two years. when i have missed a shot i have constant bleeding, when i keep regular on the shot i havent ever ble3d. in august i skipped my shot, in september i had unprotected sex, on october 2 i had my next shot, home preg test and blood test came back negative, but i am getting ill at smells like changing my daughters diaper, she will be two next month, she is being very clingy all of a sudden, my moods are awful, and i have had tenderness and swelling, along with fatigue for several weeks now, what do you think the chances are for the shot to have affected the results, i also have some slight spotting, maybe implantation bleeding?
Hello, I am new to the board as well. I have been on the shot for 3 years now, ever since my son was bon.  I went off the last day for my shot was May 23, and I have not had a period since.  I was always told that you have to have a period first before you can concieve (conceive) is this true?
If you are feeling the baby move...you would have a positive test.  If you think you're pregnant...demand an u/s!!!

I got pregnant on the depo (without missing a shot), so I'm not doubting that aspect of it...but I also had a positive pregnancy test.  
i am new here.  i have been on the shot for about 4 years or so.  i'm always on time and had my last one in may.  for the last month i have been having pretty sore nipples.  i took a test last night that was negative.  i know i am gonna end up calling a doctor.  i have another test to take too.  i was gonna wait a couple of days first.  i was wondering also if depo can make hcg levels lower.  i don't want to sound awful but i really hope i'm not!
Hi! I just took 1 shot of Depo in May and was scheduled for another on August 1st. In June I got normal bleeding for like 2 or 3 days and then spotting for almost 2 wks. In July I had the same bleeding but the spotting didn't last as long and would only happen after intercourse. I am not going to take the shot and I was wondering how long would it for me to be able to concieve (conceive) after only one shot. It is only the second day after my scheduled shot but it seems like by body is starting to feel funny.  I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or am I really feeling an early early sign of pregnancy!!  Any suggestions???
Hey everyone. Im a little concerned..Well to start off im only 16 years old and i only got the shot once.And the whole time me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex..I got the shot in April and it expired June 17th. After it expired i have continued to have unprotected sex and my boyfriend continued to recieve.Eversince i have been really tired, eating alot, nausea,been having mood swings and tenderness in my breast.Im spotting,and i havent got my period this month. I took a pregnacy test and it came up negative. Im really nervous.

also its only been 6 weeks that ive been off the shot. Could i be pregnant
Well this is all very interesting! I am in the same boat a lot of you are! I was on the shot almost a year and then my husband and I decided it was time to continue building our family with another happy addition. I had 3 shots and every time my shot was coming due 2 days before I went to get it I would start and 2 days after I got it I would stop. Well I was supposed to go July 9th as the last possible day to get my shot. No period. I have taken pregnancy tests even at the doctor and they were all negative. It is over a month later no period. I am tired all the time, sick, craving certain foods, and feeling a baby kick. I have 3 kids so I know what the difference between gas and baby kicks are. (Although they do feel a lot alike! Weird) These 'gas' kicks move around. I just took another pregnancy test Sunday and it was negative. It is a little aggrivating that the doctors don't check more into it than basically a home pregnancy test that costs you big bucks. My doctor told me that if I haven't started by September 1st he was going to give me a shot to kick my cycle back into gear. I don't want that if I am pregnant! What do I do?!?!
Thats the same with me. I was to go in june 12th for my 4th shot but didn't go. since then I have had a period. I feel pregnant but dont know, what to do. THAT SHOT MESSED ME UP!
I'm 21 years old and have been on the shot for a year now. I missed a shot and had unprotected sex. Now, a month or so later, I feel queezy, moody, and really tired. I spotted about 3 days after having unprotected sex. Could I be pregnant? I'm really scared, someone help me..if you want send me an email at nascar_loving_honey***@****
i am 19 years old and i have a 2 year old son. i been on the depo since my 6 weeks check-up after having my son but i got off like 2 times and got on the pills. when i got on the pills i bleed for like 2 days on the green pills. and then i got back on the depo and i stop my period again and havent had one evey since when i first started the depo i spotted like 1 or 2 times but it was like a brownish like color. but i had my son sept 28 and got on the depo in october or the beginning or november but anyways i want to get pregnant again and i keep hearing things like its going to take a while to get pregnant but i was suppose to get my shot between sept5 to sept19 its now the 20 and i havent got my shot and i already had unprotected sex and took atest and it came not prenanat is there anything i can do is there anyone that can help me
i was on the depo 4 years ago and only got the chot 2 times but i completly have no period since 2003 is this normal and is there anything i can do to get my menses back? my husband has to go to iraq and we want to concieve (conceive) before then please help im nervous and ttc thanks in advance
I've been on the Depot-Provera shot for nine months. I'm starting to have signs and symptoms of being pregnant. YES it is possible to get pregnant on the shot. It has happened. YES home pregnancy tests will likely come back negative. YES you will have to fight with the doctors to do anything about it. I've only taken one home pregnancy test so far and it came back negative. I called my doctor to see if I could get a blood test done. They told me that I would have to have TWO POSITIVE home pregnancy tests BEFORE they would even do a blood test. With that said, I'm not sure everyone knows this but you can have false negatives all you want, but you CANNOT have false positives. In order to have a positive **** test HCG (the PREGNANCY HORMONE) has to be in your system. It's only there IF YOU'RE PREGNANT or have been at some point in the past four weeks. Depot-Provera can cause HCG levels to be so low that they will NOT register on a home **** test. It's a proven fact. Some doctors can be assholes when it comes to this. You'll have to remind them about the effects Depot-Provera can cause to home pregnancy tests before they'll even think about giving you a blood test. So if you're on the shot, and you think you might be pregnant, I recommend going to Planned Parenthood or some other facility like it, and pay the money to get the blood test. Good luck to all the women out there looking for answers. I hope I've answered some questions for some of you and to the others, keep looking for those answers. If you think something is different or wrong, you know know your own body better than anyone. Don't let anyone tell you nothing is wrong.
i've been on the depo shot four for years and i've missed to shots i feel like i have been gaining weight and i'm always sleepy i wounder if i'm prengent
i got my first shot aug 27. 2 weeks after i been having unprotected sex. im feeling sick to my stomach. is it possible im pg? or is it just the shot
http://www.beyondfertility.com/art214.htm

You guys need to seriously read this link.  The depo shot is the DEVIL and your doctors and the drug companies will make a fortune off you before it's all said and done.

Note that pregnancy symptoms are SIDE EFFECTS of the depo.  I was on that shot for three years, and to this date, have not bled for four years.

We have better options now.
For four years I was on depo-provera.  No problems, no periods... Got pregnant a year after my last shot.  Perfect depo story.

However, nine years later, I wanted to go back on it.  In the first few weeks after my shot, I started to bleed after every orgasm.  I told my doctor.  He told me that this happens, and suggested I have another depo shot - that this would take care of the bleeding.  It didn't.  

When I went back on it, it wasn't the beginning of my period, but my doctor told me that depo protection was instantaneous, so I had the shot and promptly had sex.  Well come to realize later this is not the case...  Too late now.  I got pregnant, didn't know it, and had a miscarriage.  I took pregnancy tests while on depo-provera because I was tired and suspected I was pregnant, but for some reason, I got negative results on the tests (I took the test twice).  I was "pretty pregnant" when I miscarried, and had a relatively difficult labor.  I didn't even know I was having a miscarriage until I started experiencing the timed contractions.  Jeesh.

I continue to bleed every time I orgasm.  It's been four weeks since my miscarriage, and about four months since my last depo shot.  Was the bleeding before because I was pregnant?  Is the bleeding now because of an incomplete miscarriage or just more depo complications or something else?  Think my doctor will know?  ;^)  
I have been on the shot for 4 years since my son was born.  I was told that I could not have the shot anymore because of the risk of osteoporosis.  Anyways, I am scheduled to get the mirena on tomorrow. The last time i had the shot was in mid July. I would have been scheduled to get the shot Oct 2 but im getting the mirena. my husband and i have unprotected sex all the time and he is not shy about releasing inside me.  Im starting to feel nauseated every morning (no vomiting though) and tenderness in my nipples.  Last month, I spotted for 1 day.  I havent had a period in 2 years so it was weird to me that i only spotted for one day. i havent taken any preg tests yet, but do u think i should let my ob/gyn know about this to see what she recommends before i get the mirena?
im kinda in the same shoe as you. i had sex a few times unprotected after i miscarried a month or so before i even had sex the day before my shot and im having ALL the symptoms! i really really think im pregnant but no test is showin + i took 2 and both were - still having symptoms my dr claims i dont need a blood test but i know my body i think i am.
I have not taken any depo shots, however i have negative test after negative test and i have not had a period in four months. my dr did blood preg test and did the hormone panel to see if i was in early menopause. that too showed normal. ive had three kids and know what a baby moving feels like. and i have been feeling something move. i also cant get my pants shut. they fit normal all except getting them zipped. my husband says im preg and said i am "showing" and i do look totally pregnant. and feel it moving. i never felt gas move like this or anything. and it moves at certain times, like when pregnant. im going to the doctor tomorrow to ask her what this could be. she would not answer any questions over the phone, but wants to see me AGAIN. she thinks im a nut but no period, bigger belly, feeling movement at EXACTLY the time i would if pregnant... 16-20 weeks. also, i had taken an ovulation test before all this and it was positive and we acted on it. and no period since, plus all these symptoms. i know there has to be HGC in the system if your preg, and that would show on a blood test, but maybe, maybe something is supressing it or suppressing it from showing up in their test. ill let yall know what happens for the sake of documentation.
female you crazy look at the dates you put how can you feel a baby if its the size of a pea and if your baby is moving its not gonna be strong enough for you 2 feel it and every preg women i ever met or know say they didnt feel there baby until 5 o 6 month you probably need 2 lay off the beans cause its probably just gas and did u ever her if your a really obssed with being pregnant your gonna get all the sympthoms youll even grow a belly but not cause of  a baby because your eating 2 much its probably all in your head because if the preg test is - you aint but if u think the hcg level are'nt high enough sorry 2 say you mc trust me i know i already had 1 mc and a partial molar pregnancy seen both heart beats i lost the molar pregncy on the forth month
okay this is 2 evey1 you need 2 look at www.pureloveclub.com im also on depo and i just found out that the depo shoot is very dangoures many women have died from cancer because of it yall need 2 read this i know im not going 4 my next shoot how bout you?
your tone of words are very rude. a neg test does not nece mean that u are not pregnant i have have 8 neg before my 1st positive. Like every female all pregnancies are not the same how can u determine that because something was one way with u means that it is the same way for another. every woman's body reacts different to being pregnant like some have all the symptoms there are persons who have none at all just a swollen tummy. and as for movements if you have had a child before u would know that as early as 10 weeks u can feel (not kicks) fluttering and every doctor can tell u that so do a little more research before u storm up at anyone. I have had 6 pregnancies and all were not the same. miscarried 4 one was still born and one is here and healthy.
I started depo sometime in 2005 and was on it for about 14 or 15 months. I think i had started it in november. I didn't have my first period until like december of 07. I would love to try to have a baby, but I had unprotected sex a little over a month ago, should have started my period on the 24th, and I did take a home preg test and got a - result. When I took the second test i had a partial line at the top to form the plus sign, but it was a little hard to tell. I haven't had a baby before so I'm not sure what its like, but in the last like 6 or 7 days I have been absolutely exausted and sick to my stomache all the time. I don't actually vomit all that much mainly dry heaves, but I have not clue what to expect if I am pregnant, or when to retake the test.
What should I do? Also, I am 19, and although I am young, I to start my family now.
Im 17 and I have a six month old baby girl I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 5 months pregnant I even had x-rays done  but they didnt see anything and I've had a depo shot twice but i've never had any side effects or felt like I am feeling now I had unprotected sex with my baby daddy and all of a sudden I started feeling very nauseus and i've been having a lot of pain in my lower back and in my stomache and I often get these throbbing pains in my pelvis area but i've taken one urine test and it came back negative but I still feel this way and i'm due for my shot on the 16th of april what shall I do???????????  
I am 17, yikes right! ne way, i've been off the shot for over 6 months, me and my fiance have never had unprotected sex, and so i think it is very unlikely that i am prego, but I have every single symptom. (headaches, spotting, vomiting, and I can't stay awake, also belly pain) I've taken tests and they came back --, but I jsut have this feeling that I am,a nd maybe it jsut because I'm freakin' myself out...it jsut sounds like al of you have good advice, and I need wat ever I can get. Thanx
Meg
TO ALL THOSE CONCERNED ABOUT PREGNANCY...
Hello, everyone. I am here to support others who are having doubts and concern about Depo, too. I believe everyone's concerns are valid--here's why: I am a nurse...I have been dating a doc for 6 mo. He started me on Depo to help my endemetriosis. Needless to say, our rel. progressed...3 months ago he put me on antibiotics for a UTI...I started gaining weight in my abdomen, feeling nauseous, headachy, appetite increase, all the wonderful preg. symptoms. I have taken 8 prg. tests...alllll NEGATIVE. However, I started bleeding a little heavier a week ago...and had a miscarriage...appeared to be about 6-8 weeks. Despite what docs reassure you, please READ THE SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF DEPO PROVERA ON THEIR SITE!! Here are some things you may not have been told:

* antibiotics DO decrease the effect of any birth control, whether it is oral, topical, or by injection.
* bleeding can and does occur during pregnancy, and esp. w/ Depo
* pregnancy can and does occur during Depo, and can cause some    defects to growing fetus
* DEPO CAN DECREASE THE HCG LEVELS

There are many more side effects you can experience, so please go to the site and read the facts, not the rumors you hear.
www.depoprovera.com
hello, i got depo shot the second week of january 08, i was spotting for almost a month, and then my period stoped all together... i desided not to get another shot... but now i feel all weired...by breasts are swolen im eating more, constantly tiered, very mody, i get heart burn(wich i never had) my blood presure is low which makes me feel light headed,my nipples are huge,hard and sensative to touch (this week they are not as sensative to touch, but still seem to be elarged, and look like they are hard all the time) i have a lot of discharge comming out(its almost as though im ovulating, but there is so much of it, never had that before either... so i went to the doctor(after taking 8 home pregnancy tests, all neg.,) to see what is going on with me, she checked me out and told me i have very mild yeast infection(which i never had before), she gave me a pill for it and send me out on my way out.When i asked her if there is a chance that i can be pregnant she told me no way, depo is very effective and there is no chance that i can be pregnant, that my cycle should return to normal after couple of month... OK... so what is going on with by body? her answer.. "my hormons are all over the place and need to be put back into place".....
as i read all the posts its starting to scare me a little that what if im like many of you found out that you were pregnant? i would love to know what is going on inside of me and if there is something in the oven, but i get dismised by my doctor, and the answers that she gives me dont sytisfy me... i dont want to find out taht i am i fact pregnant after 27 weeks... what is there for me to do? how many times can i pee on the stick untill it shows up, or when will i get my period?... i am so lost and i have no idea what to do
i get a lot of gas, which almost never happens to me, i eat food that i normaly dislike... lataly it seems that i eat and sleep all the time, i am an emotional wrack....
oh and i did take a blood pregnancy test wich was neg., but i also had unprotected sex since, it seems that my body is chnging in a weird way, and it freaking me out a bit... i dont know what to do... i asked the doc to give me an ultrasound which she refused telling me that there is no chance that i can have anything in the oven... so why am i feeling like this? some one any advice?
just an addition to my post... this was my only shot, i never had depo before.... i only receive one shot sometime the second week of january
I am kind of in the same boat as a few of you. I was on depo for 2 1/2 years. I recently came off of it. My last shot was in March. I was supposed to go back in for my next shot on June 4th, but decided against it. My husband and I would like to start getting prepared to start a family later down the road and I thought the first thing I should do is stop my pill, start eating healthier, and start exercising. So I did. I spotted lightly for about 2 hours on June 26th, but have not had a period since I stopped the shot. Over the past week I've felt very nauseous, I'm super tired, my breast are swollen and sore, I'm gaining weight, and have had headaches. I took a home pregnancy test this morning but it was negative. I though for sure it was accurate UNTIL I read the above posts. I see many of you were actually pregnant but your home pregnancy tests showed negative. I've never had a baby, so I dont know what 'pregnant' feels like, but I know I dont feel normal. I think its too early to go to the doctor... any suggestions?
Wow, my last shot was 3 years 3 months ago. I was on it for 9 months. DH and I have been TTC ever since and nothing has happened until this past cycle, which unfortunately was a chemical pregnancy.

To the original poster: were you actually pregnant, or did it end up being tummy spasms? I've been PG before as well and I know what kicking feels like, but I find it hard to believe you missed the injection, got pregnant (or even while on it) and felt the baby move days after the first missed injection. If this is the case, you had to be PG before getting the first shot. I know that after my first PGcy, I could feel spasms in my belly which are always there but never noticed before...even now, 5 years later, I still feel them and it feels EXACTLY like a baby kicking away. However, if I was waiting to give birth, then I must've turned into an elephant or something, cause no baby here!

To JO987, Depo is notorious for sending 'false pregnancy symptoms' during and post-depo. I had a few cycles like that and as I said at the start, still no PGcy. Hope you're not waiting around as long as me. You could start taking Agnus Castus/Vitex/Chasteberry (all the same thing) as it can help balance your hormones post-contraceptive. Good luck.
i have only been on the depo shot for a month and me and my bf had unprotected sex the other nite and i  still had my period a little bit(spotting). and he also came in me...and im scraed tht i mite be pregnant from reading all of ur stories..can somebody help...wht should i do?? could i be pregnant??
I was on the depo shot 4 years ago and decided to get back on it (March 28) it will be 2 months on the 28th of August that I've been off the shot and still no PERIOD!!!! I thought I'd never be so happy to see my period come...I've been having pregnancy symptoms such as an increase in appettie, frequent urination, sleepiness, and mega mood swings!!! Took pregnancy test on Saturday and it was NEG!!!! What can I do to get this shot out of my system!!! Somebody HELP!!!
It takes a while up to 6 months for your body to get back to normal after you've had the shot. Moodiness was a BIG reason I went off the shot. I had serious issues while I was on it, not to mention that my periods would last 3 weeks and only come every 3 months.
Well at least you got a period, I still don't know when mine is coming....6 months to get out of system!!!!! Even if I only got the shot 1 TIME?
Ok, I was one of those people that THOUGHT they knew a little something about everything. My best friend called me up one day and said that she was thinking of going on depo. and what did I think about it?  Ie had I heard anything about it pros and cons. Well, I told her all that I actually did know. Another friend told me that she took it and it worked great. Also that she had never felt better (she didn't tell me that she had to start taking antidepressants shortly after getting the shot. So the zoloft probably had something to do with her feeling so good. Anyway, I told my bff this and she said, o.k. I'll do it. So shortly thereafter she did and not even a week after that I got a call. She was completely beside herself with anxiety, and violent moodswings. She went straight to her dr that gave her the shot and told her about her troubles. The doctor said, well, you're just going to have to wait till it gets out of your system it can take three to eighteen months. To this she told me she replied, "I don't think I can" This conversation happened on Friday  by that Tuesday she was dead. She had committed suicide while her new baby slept. She was my very dearest friend and she is gone. Since then I have become very educated on the ill affects of depo provera. Did you know that this is the same drug that is given to pedofiles for chemical castration?  No wonder women report a complete lack of sexdrive when on the shot. Also, my friend's is not the first death where depo provera may have played a part. It has come up in many a deposition at police scenes where suicide was determined to be the cause of death.  Also coincidently on the same day my friend died another woman died clear across the country not of suicide but of a bloodclot. Doctors have known about the side effects of this drug for many many years. There are so many, it just shocks me that ANYONE would consider it as an option, and that doctors would continue to recommend it to their patients.  I know that she had postpartum, but it got out of control over night, the very night after she got the shot. Another thing that the doctor didn't tell her was that anyone with ANY history of mental illness or depression should NOT take Depo Provera. Please consider all of the risk factors BEFORE injecting this potential poison into your bodies.
I cannot believe how uneducated you all are.  At what point do you say to yourself, I need to go to a doctor?  What kind of person gets medical advice from a website from people who sound like they have no education whatsoever?  I have been on the Depo for years, no problems, absolutely LOVE it.  You do not have to have a regular period for your body to "cleanse itself".  And you are not feeling a baby move at 3months, its gas!
Don't listen to these people! My sister couldn't get a positive pregnancy test at 7 months and believe me considering my neice is now almost 3 she was pregnant. And I bled with my first one. And for the record to all you who say she can't feel her baby you're supposed to be able to feel it as early as 13 weeks.
The first Depo Shot is usually doesn't take effect on everyone the same. some women may recieve normal periods and can become pregnant. I have a daughter as a result of that. It wasn't until I had gone to get the second shot(about 2 months into my pregnancy) that I found out I was pregnant. So therefore it can happen. If you read up on it you can find out that depo is not 100% effective in some women. Although it is rare to concieve (conceive) it is still possible. Anything is possible. Main thing I can think of is to ask your doctor for a pregnancy test a few weeks before your next shot always. For the pill, depo and other means of birth control are NEVER 100%. Even women who have their tubes tied get pregnant.
I believe anything is possible... I know it is hard to convince a dr to do a blood test but it might save you the trouble of finding out your prego 4 months down the road when you start to grow a belly.  In the print out that comes in the box with the depo shot  it states all the bad things that go wrong.. Next time your visiting your dr ask for that.  Do some research and listen to others.  If your have problems getting a period or bleeding to much you might not be the only one. Be smart here, if other women are experiencing the exact same problems you are dont you see the connection?  If all of you have the same problems don't you think it might be time for a different birth control?  It can and has cause alot of problems that dr's fail to mention.  So if you want the truth read the print out... I work in a pharmacy and those little papers that are fold up and have the tiny print can help they put those with drugs for a reason.  No drug is symptom free and alot of complications can come from not researching it first.  Well I wish you all the best of luck.  I have to been in your situation and have found dr's usless.  They dont seem to care anymore.. Look after yourself and trust what you think is right.  It might be the phantom baby but it could also save a miscarriage.  Dont listen to all of these stupid punk *** little girls on here that think they have a clue about pregnancy when they haven't experienced it... They are just voicing their stupidity. If you want try to talk to a pharmacist that you are close with or have filled your RX'S alot.  It is most likely they can help you more that your dr would be willing to.  Well I'm done hope this might help you out a little.
I started the depo Dec. 11th 2008 and I was supposted to get another one March 11th. I bleed through the whole entire thing and I even started bleeding out my anus. (not to sound gross.) I ended up deciding that since I was bleeding so bad out both ends that I def. had to stop the shot. Ive been having so many symthoms of pregnancy, my stomach hardening, and I even feel movement in my stomach. I already have two children so I know the difference between gas and a baby moving. Since then I have taken 4 HPT's and I have had 3 blood tests done. My HGC levels are that low it hasn't detected any of it. I finally told the doctor hey I need an ultrasound I am on medications now that I had to recently get put on and I know I am pregnant I know my body and I know what a movement feels like. Well we went for the ultrasound and it came back that I was 3 and a half months pregnant. I ended up pregnant on the shot.
My doctor failed to warn me of any effects of the drug and he just said that it would have been better off than the Pill i was on. I was on Yaz for 7 months until i found out I was pregnant with my son. So I had my son Oct. 28th 2008 and now come to find out this is my third baby.
My family doctor told me he never heard such a thing about the depo causing the Low HGC levels and the nurse at my obgyn office until now but the funny thing is, there are 11 cases in our town that became pregnant while using depo right now and in a town thats not even 15 miles from us there are 25 cases. Most of which were unknown pregnancies or suspected pregnancies due to symthoms. My best friend was on the depo 2 years straight she was on it when she had her son. SHe didnt know until her water broke. Here she was 2 months premature they did a study and it came back that the depo causes premature birth and weight. Her son arrived 2lbs 1 ounce 10 inches long. Her son had tubes coming everywhere from his body they had him on a breathing machine and all sorts of medication to keep him alive. He was lucky he was in the hospital for 3 months and came out strong!
She told me she had over 30 tests and all came back neg. that seemed to be my case also when I was on the pill and didnt find out I was pregnant with my son till 7 and a half months because I had no signs or symthoms I was still getting my period. I bleed with both my kids up until I had them and then bleed after I had them.
Now I def knew I was pregnant because last month I had my period for 2 weeks and then it stopped then I spotted a few days and I had all the symthoms and I just knew I was.
I wish everyone the best of luck and to be very careful if you suspect pregnancy try and go to a different doctor to get the tests and all the things you need because the shot is very dangerous. Most people dont even know they are pregnant on it because of the fact that it causes a miscariage before they could even know. Also it causes low HGC levels and causes blood to even turn up negative. It also does last in your system for 6 months to a year to get out of your system. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope this will help you in some type of way! Feel free to message me if you have questions!
my first child was conceived after being on depo for over a year, she was born 5 weeks premature. my second child was born after being in the depo shot for over 2 years. she was born 8 weeks premature and still has some issues with muscle development to this day. she is now 2. i don't doubt anyone getting pregnant on the depo shot because it obviously wasn't an effective form of birth control for me. neither was the patch because it ate my skin off of my body. however, i always knew i was pregnant because of dreams i would have or something strange, i know it sounds crazy but it's true. also, my home tests came up positive when i was only 4 weeks prego on both pregnancies. i guess my first sign that the shot wasn't working should've been when i continued to have periods. to anyone still on the shot i would recommend getting off of it. i've had constant migraines since taking it and i now have ovarian cysts and periods every 2 weeks. good luck.
ive been off my depo for five months and i want to get pregant. all the test ive taken are positvive and then back to negative so can some one help. i have had my period already at least ten times. ive gained wait i get sick and i cant wear my pants anymore and then my breast are sore gotten bigger and theres veins every where on my boobs. someone please answer
hi to all , first of all mainly to bbymkr in one of the comment that you cant feel a baby move at 6 weeks its true you can cause for all my 4 pregnancy at 6 weeks i felt my baby move, and yes you can be pregnant and get a negative test because of the hcg. make a sono appointment and do blood test,oh and yes you can still have a period while pregnant cause ti happens to 1 out 1000 in every pregnancy,
how do i know im studying to be a midwife and my sister is pregnant and is still getting her period but is on bedrest, so the person who is saying all this and that well she must be a first time mom or she doesnt know anything about being pregnant and has never had a child, i just got my depot shot last month and i missed my period for the first time,
so i might and might not be pregnant right now, i havent done the pregnancy test yet, but this week for sure theres going to be a test.
because all dr and gyn do not assure you that the birth control your recieving is actually giong to prevent you from gettin pregnant.
I was looking at all your posts to maybe help me find some answers to my questions. So far, noone had any, so Im gonna tell ya'll my story. I started taking Depo when i was 16.... Ten years ago! Yes ppl...ten years. After five years I missed one Depo shot and became pregnate within a month!! The test was + the first time. I DID feel her move by week 12. I now have a beautiful girl although she was born at only 28 weeks. she weighed 2.8lb. She is five now and healthy. I got right back on depo after 6 weeks. I recently quit again (ironically, at the same time as I quit before... 5 years exactly) I had a period the first week i missed my depo. Its been seven weeks and I feel sooooo pregnate. Very sore swollen boobs...lower back pain, hardened stomach, early morning nasea (no puke tho), and headaches. I've taken 4 preg tests and all said "negetive". Im starting to think that Im crazy. I also feel something in my abdomen "moving"...crazy right? I know its not wishful thinking because I DON'T want another child. I'm confused beacuse I can't find out anything about depo 'aftershock'. When I find out... or if I find out I'm prego I will post back. In the meantime...good luck to you all.  
I was on depo for 18 months back in the mid 90's and I had gotten sick and was given the penicillin shot twice. They didnt tell me that it would stop the depo. I now have a beautiful 13yr. The only problem I have with her. Is the normal teenage mouthiness. I was 2 weeks preg with her when i went in and got another shot. Just to turn around 2 weeks later going back to find out what was causing me to get really dizzy.

And now i am back on depo cause of pcos. I was on medication and I asked if it would stop depo. The people I asked said it wouldnt affect it. Now I am 6.5 weeks preg and I think I am going through a miscarriage. I will find out on monday cause its the weekend.
I so hope you come back here and read this even though your post is over a year old! Firstly, who the hell are you to call everyone here uneducated?? Are you educated in the medical field?? incase you didn't notice, some of these people are nurses and people with experience! Also most of them stated that they did go to the docters and the docters acted all uneducated, giving more shots or saying it's impossible! Secondly, i'm sure everyone is very happy for you that the depo is working for you. thirdly, you DO need to have a period regular or otherwise to cleanse your body -why? because depo doesnt stop the egg from releasing, result -all that gunk staying in your body untill your next period! FOURTH, I felt my baby at just before 3 months -as in i put slight pressure on my tummy after feeling a strongish flutter- and i felt my son even though tiny, move. why? because i am tiny and am underweight -not by choice. so please if you dont wanna help -keep your stupid opinion to yourself!
And thank you to all the people who answered the question at hand, i just needed to know if depo would make my tests negative. Everytime I have the depo shot, I would have a week or so of bleeding, but after the last one i had bleeding a month later again -so my docter gave me a booster shot (another depo) I've recently started having milk discharge again (a year after quitting breastfeeding) and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after my last 'period' (2 weeks after my boost shot) 9 days after, i started spotting. i have since taken probably 20 tests and all are negative.

Why did i seek advice online? because i knew within a week that i was pregnant my first time. people say it's not possible, but i did. took a test and it was negative. 2 weeks later my period was due and people tried to convince me it was stress. took another test and got a slight second line. next day took the blood test and sure as hell 3-4 weeks pregnant. this btw being a week after i got off YAZ. I've been feeling for a while now like i did then, but i keep thinking its just the depo wearing off -was due 12 dec. So now I am patiently waiting for my period, not really expecting it since i lost 5kgs a while back and have started picking up weight again.

Point being, thanks to everyone who shared their stories related to the question at hand. hope you are all well. well maybe not all ;)
I've had three shots of the depo and i missed my last one about 4-5 weeks ago now. well two weeks after i missed it My husband and i had sex and he pulled out. well i'm worried that i could be preg. took home test and came up neg. im due for my shot today so i'll see what their preg. test shows. I guess my question is should I believe it if it is neg.???
im 18 ive been on depo was supposed to have another shot on dec 15th have unprotected sex  and had a period early jan didnt feel anyhting so had depo late jan but now im getting preg symptoms such as sore boobs to begin with(not now), gas, constipation,extreme tiredness, and if not feeling sick i feel ravishingly hungry also cramping to begin with but not now

like everyone else ive been to the doc and done home urnie tests nothings showing but i really feel it  i was thinking im due for a papsmear so can they tell if your preg while there doing one of them??  would love it if i was pregnant but is it possible my mind is making up all these symptoms
i have a question.. I was on depto for a yr. then this march i went back on it . It was my first time with out using a condom about a week and half of getting the shot and i really aint sure on this but can you get prego while on depto with out using a condom?

although there is always a chance of pregnancy with any b/c, it is very unlikely if you rec the depo shot a wk ago. That being said, I think a lot of ob/gyns recommend using a condom the 1st month as a precaution. Either way, there is no way to tell until that missed period and a pregnancy test. best wishes

I too took depo and got off it in sept 09, It took me two months to ovulate again. It def. works once it gets in your system. Almost too good, causing my body to have pregnancy symptoms....weight gain, bloatedness, loss of period, severe headaches.
hey this is to everyone and especially , i had the depo for 6 mths now and i just knew that i was pregnant with all the symptoms but my urine and blood test were coming out negative about a week ago i started felling fetal movement i came to find out that i am pregnant by a sonogram from an emc organization and im 7 weeks pregnant i didnt even missed one depo shot, birth control are not always 100 % sure my best friend used it and it worked for her, im now pregnant with the shot, thank god that i found out i was before my next shot this month on the 25
HI i am 22 years old, i had my baby sept 2008, then in jan 2010 i found out i was pregnant, I didnt keep it! i regret it completly but anyways, I got a depo injection to bring to the doctor But i left it in mu car in the winter for two daysn ti froze those nights but i still used it! Its may 2010 I only had one shot but now im experiencing pregnacny symptoms? do you think the depo shot didnt even work?
hi a week after i had my son my doctor put me on depo which was august of 2009 i did not take my shot in feb of 2010 while i was on the depo i had a period when i didnt take it in feb it stopped now its may and i have been bleeding lightly for two days what is going on i know i cant be pregnant because i went to the hos 2 wks ago and they did a blood test and it was neg i know i cant b pregnant can i
Hello, I have been on the depo shot for a year and a half and recently Jan 2010 stopped taking the shot because me and my fiance are planning on having children in the next year or 2 after our wedding but I can't shake this weird feeling in my stomach. I have yet to have any periods or signs of periods since my injection ran up and my fiance and I have sex everyday and he always goes in me.. Im not sure if the chances of me getting pregnant without getting my period are possible but I feel so weird, Im always light headed, gross to the stomach, headaches that are on fire and Ive gained alot of weight (which never fluctuates) plus my appetite is sooo much larger now. Is it possible that i could be pregnant? I have been taking a pregnancy test every month and everytime it says negative. Ive never been pregnant so Im not sure what to expect, although I am contacting a doctor next week because of this, It would be nice if I knew anything now... Thanks
I've had two depo injections and we've now decided it's time for another I'm worried after reading everyones posts that we are going to struggle to conceive. I've also recently had a cervical cauterization for erosions after sex am I fighting a losing battle?????
how early are u supposed to get your next shot ??? what will happen if u dont get the shot will there be a chance on getting pregnant ??? does the shot ware out ???
i have only had one shot which was in march. i did not go back for the second one and when it was due time for it i started bleeding and have been for almost a month now. does this mean my body is going back to normal or could i be having a miscarriage? ive had prego symtoms (symptoms) but read the shot does cause that so didn't even think to have a test done. im ttc but by reading the posts i have i don't believe it would be happening this early. just looking for a lil advise on wat could be going on
ive been off the depo for over a year and i kno im not pregnant but i so badly want to be! it hurts so much to kno that you cant get pregnant even tho your super furtle before the shot. it ***** that i found the man i want to be with for the rest of my life and i cant give him the one thing i should be able to give him. he wants a baby just as bad as me and its eating me up that i cant give him one. the doc says it will happen when it happens but i hate playing the baby waiting game. sorry if ppl dont wanna read this but it seems like no one cares and i just need to vent for a min. to those who do care thank you for reading what i have to say. i really do app it.  have a good day!
I HATE THE DEPO!!! I MEAN REALLY IF YOU NEVER EVER WANT A KID THEN USE IT IF YOU DO THEN DO SOMETHING ELES CUZ I AM GOING NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAINT GET PREGO I CAINT TELL IF I AM OVULATING AND HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD AND I MISSED MY SHOT WTF!
Hey.
My girlfriend has been on the Depo Provera Shot for quite sometime. And she had he last shot. at the end of April. and is scheduled for her next shot July 25, 2011. and she IS PREGNANT. She taken 2 Pregnancy Test. and both come back Positive. Is this normal? Is this Abnormal?  Will this affect her Pregnancy? Will her Pregnancy be normal? Will it affect the Baby? Whats the effects of being Pregnant on the Depo Provera shot?  
Hi, I just had a baby in May and then got the shot in July. My boyfriend and I only had sex twice between that time but he always pulled out. Since I've had the shot, I missed my period in Aug. but I started spotting a few days ago which turned into dark bleeding and its only a little bit heavier. Also, I've been really nauseous, fatigued and have bad head aches. Sometimes my my stomach feels like its churning, like how I felt in the beginning of my pregnancy. Could I be pregnant again? or is this just symptoms of the shot? Please someone let me know.
We're in the same boat... i only had one depo shot & it ruined this year for me :/ i got it Nov. 2011- Jan. 2012 and since November i havent got my period... idk when i suppose to get it all pregnancy test are negative so idk im goin crazzyy!
just wondering, ive been on the depo for six months now. the first 2 months i was on it i bled like crazy, like liquid period (sorry) then my period was gone. i missed my second shot by a day and then went over to visit my "special" friend. Well he came in me but my doctor said that the depo works as soon as you get it and i had sex and hour after getting it. Now maybe 4 weeks later im feeling lower pelvic pains on my side my back hurts sometimes and i get really really bad mood swings, I dont wanna waste money on a test because i know there is no way im preggo on depo because ive never tried to miss it, and my nurse said i wasnt even late forreal. so is this depo making me crazy ?
hi i was on depo shot for a year nd 3months i missed my shot May 07,2012 i had unprotected sex for 3 weeks straight i started to have cramps bout no period and i was seeing a white nd pinkish discharge now June 15,2012 i been having sore breast can sumbody help me out
Thank you sweetheart. I am dealing with something similar. I have been feeling the flutters. If I am pregnant I will only be at the most 3 months. I already have one son and I felt his first movements at 3 months. Every woman is different. When you have been pregnant before, you know the signs to look for. I do not understand why anyone would bash this woman for wanting to know what is going on. I say go into the er and try to demand an ultra-sound. Lie to them about the dates if you have to. Tell them that you have been on the depo and you have been taking home tests but they all come back negative... tell them you ARE feeling movement inside you. Tell them that if you ARE pregnant and it is not showing up on HcG that your baby is at risk of not getting the proper care he/she needs and could be at risk and that they are breaking their Hippocratic Oath! That will tell you for sure. I am either doing that or going in there crying and acting like I am hurting... If you are prego, and your baby isn't getting care because the drs do not want to face the facts that OBVIOUSLY this happens, then do what you have to do to take care of yourself. Do not doubt your own body hun. You know your body better than a piece of plastic, or better than anyone else on here... blood tests check HcG too I thought? I wish everyone the best of luck... I am freaking out...
I got off the depo shot late october( canceles the appointment). I had a regualr period right after that lasted around four days. I had unprotectes sex, but finished with a condom. I havnt had a period since that first one and i have all the symptoms. Ive gained 5 lbs in the last two weeks, grown a cup size in my bra (34dd-34F) and theyre really tender. This last night i staye up all night with nasua that hasnt gone away and im tired allyhe time:/ ive taken three hpt and they have all came back negative!!! Im only 18 years ol an i was on the depo for two years but im worried i could be pregnant!
I been using depo for four years and it worked perfectly. I had no side effects at all, i loved it. I was due to take my next shot on October last year  but then didn't. i had unprotected sex regularly from November to February. During this time, i had my period at the end of January only but it was not that heavy. I then continued to have unprotected sex til now when i know i am supposed to have my period again but haven't seen it yet. Am i pregnant or is the Depo doses i had before still disturbing my ovulation?
Go get a blood test all mu hpt came up neg i have two beautiful daughters
Well I bled for 5 months with my son so yes u can have a heavy flow period I did if u want my doctor phone number ill be gladly to give it to u. And my son is healthy and every pregnancy is different with my first son I felt him moving at 4 months my daughter 3 months so with my young. Just because some one needs help with a question don't mean that every pregnancy is like urs plus don't need ppl *** whole remarks like rely keep it to urself if u don't have nothing better to do how but u go do ur own research before jumping to conclusion ppl.
I had the depo In jan, n I had regular periods in april... what that fugg !.
I never got my shot for april...... now I broke up with my boyfriend nathaniel
.. I been with 6months
...... now since we broke up was June18th.... now could it be possible I can. Get pregnancy now..... :( I miss him erday
....
......: I only been with him? I feel symptoms..
Hi I missed my Depo shot in July 1 because no money I still haven't had my period and I'm starting to have food aversion and Brest tenderness.I'm only getting negative pregnancy test  but I'm starting to get the same pains I had in my last pregnancy. I'm wanting to start taking Depo again but  I don't want to kill the baby if there is one what should I do