After being told the heartbeat could no longer be detected on friday at 8wks...i asked all you wonderful ladies whether to go ahead with DNC as advised by doc...or wait. Thank you so much much for all your replies....you all amaze me...all that help when you all suffer so much too...After thinking all day yesterday and reading all your experiences, i decided dnc was better option for me and i would go ahead with that tomorrow. BUT now i hve increased cramping and light bleeding so am again doubting what do do???.
I am originally from london but have lived in mexico for 8 years and although i have fantastic friends here, i am feeling so english and lonely right now and wishing i was at home with my friends and family so your help and advice is helping me so much.....
I have a friend who had her second miscarriage 2 months ago while she was 7 weeks pregnant. She chose to wait it out because she didn't want to do a DNC again if she didn't have to. She waited and waited with little symptoms, a little cramping here and there but not much of anything. Several weeks ago she had another u/s and they still said she had a lot to pass and gave her some medication. She thought she lost her entire insides with this medication and was sure there was nothing left! Well, last week she went back for another u/s and their was still some placental tissue inside and after 2 months of waiting, slight bleeding and cramping she had to have a DNC this past Friday. She even passed a clot that morning and had bad cramping, but their was still tissue to be removed and a slight infection they found during the DNC. She had to deal with this roller coaster for 2 months and said she would never have waited if she would of known. With the DNC, at least you can be sure everything is cleaned out and you will be able to start fresh again soon and you won't have to worry about this dragging out.
Good luck, sorry for your loss.
I had a D & C when my 12 week appt. also showed no heartbeat. I was devastated, but somehow wanted closure right away,which for me meant getting my dead baby out. I went thru the d/c without problem basically and got pregnant again within 3 months..
I went through a natural m/c at 12 weeks it was very traumatic for me as a passed a little baby with arms legs etc and placenta I still constantly think about it and it was close to a year ago and im due to have another bubs in Nov. My body expelled the baby after 3 days of heavy bleeding and clots it wasnt a very nice thing to go thru I had no idea my baby had died until I actually passed it not too sure what a DnC is all about but I guess you will know what decision is right for you but if you have started to bleed you may pass everything in a few days naturally. Sorry for your loss take care.
I am sorry you are feeling alone. I understand though. I was writing you yesterday about my similar experience. Those kind of decisions are so hard to make when your emotions are so strong because of the loss you are going through.
I think I spotten and bled lightly for about 2 days before I started bleeding large clots. Then I bled for several weeks. I went to the ER at one point because I had such heavy bleeding that it wasn't containable in a pad.
It is hard to decide, but I think I would stick with your plan especially because you have had a molar recently and they need to look over the tissue and make sure everything looks ok.
If you end up miscarrying tonight then you could talk to them about it in the morning and maybe cancel your d&c then.
Hi claire, I too am from London but living in Italy.
With my first pregnancy I was in London and when I miscarried they were not very helpful. As I passed more or less everything out naturally, they just left it at that. They never asked me to go back for a check up. They failed to inform my GP. They failed to give me a Rhogam shot (as I am Rh negative). Ended up with infection as did not pass everything.
With this pregnancy in Italy, they have all been so much more helpful (maybe because it is private), but I have scans regaularly to monitor everything is ok and I feel so much better, even though all my family is in London.
Why dont you try Skype. You can go online and see your family and friends with a webcam and it is free. That may help you a bit. I am on it every night, and it makes me feel less lonely.
goodluck and let us know what you end up doing. If I had been given a choice I would have gone for the D&C as the pain I went through was too much.
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Like others here, though, I would definitely recommend you have the D&C.
I went to my 11-week prenatal visit (for what would have been our fourth child) last Wednesday, only to discover that the baby had died at 8 weeks (this was *after* two perfect sonograms at 6 and 7 weeks that showed a strong heartbeat and a healthy baby).
In those intervening three weeks, I had no bleeding, no spotting, and no cramping. In other words, there was no indication that anything was wrong (even my nausea and fatigue were *increasing*).
The doctor told me that my body essentially "still thinks it's pregnant," and that it could take a long time for me to pass the baby naturally. That passing could, she warned, take a week or longer, would involve enormous amounts of blood and tissue, and may require a D&C anyway if all the material wasn't passed.
Rather than go through that, I opted for the D&C the next day.
Was the procedure traumatic? YES, but only EMOTIONALLY. Waiting for them to take a baby I didn't want taken was extremely devastating. The procedure itself, though, was quick and painless (I had "twilight" anesthesia and I don't remember a thing). Although I've had light bleeding since Thursday, it's nearly gone (Monday), and was overall much lighter than a normal period. As hard as it was to deal with, at least I know they got all the tissue, I'm healthy, and I'll be able to try conceiving again as soon as my period resumes.
If I were you, I'd definitely do the D&C. It's going to be hard, but it sounds like your best option. Good luck, and HANG IN THERE. I know how gut-wrenching this is.
I did not have a d&c but m/c by methotrexate had an eptopic at 6 wks.I had no sac & methotrexate was supposed to kill the cells to the uterus & sac would dissolve.Even though there was no sac I would still be expecting it to come out with all the clotting and blood(sorry tmi)This plays tricks on you and I m/c a month after.I would of opted for d&c & would of healed by now.I hope you feel better in your dissicion.P.s were in mex?Parents are from guadalajara,jalisco.Nanis
I was on a 6 wk vacation in Europe when i had a "silent or missed misscariage" I started spotting at about 10 wks. They gave me 3 options at the time. 1. Let it happen naturally, 2. Medication, or 3. D&C. Since we still had 3 weeks left of our vacation, we decided on a D&C. They were really nice at the Hospital (we were in Wales at the time). I bled lightly for 1 week, after that it was fine. I am still waiting on AF. it will be 12 wks post D&C on sunday.
I found out about a month ago that my Best Friend was pg. She is not at 10 wks and was at the DR yesterday, hn and everything is fine:)
I had a miscarriage about beg. of march and when i went i was bleeding heavily so i went to the er and they did an u/s and the doc said there was no baby inside me and i was supposed to be around 12 weeks and my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks sad. but i had a large amount of stress i was living at home and nobody in my family wanted me to be pregnant i mean im 23 and the fam is just mean.
but still doc said it could have been caused by stress and not only that i was living at home with 2 heavy smokers that never went outside to smoke and blew smoke in my face all the time even when i was preggo.. so doc said i should wait to try again once my bf and i move out b/c then i will be away from the smoke and stress..
just wondering coz now its been a month since i had gone to the ER and i dont know if what i should be passing? I didnt have a dnc and told the doc i wanted a natural miscarriage and idk i had stopped the bleeding about a week after the miscarriage and then i started bleeding again on thursday and today is monday and the bleeding is going away and im wondering why im still bleeding? I know my bf and i had sex thursday nite and we messed around before hand so im thinking that could be why? what do you guys thinks?
how do you know when you passed the fetus? or sac? its been a month since my miscarriage and when i went the er i was in no pain at all just really heavy bleeding and the 4 days before that i had horrible stomach pains and i told the doc and basically he said it was a miscarriage so when does everything sort of pass your body? when do you get your period again?
Sweetie first off I want to tell you sorry for your loss I too have had MC's I lost twins at 8 weeks and a singleton at 9 weeks and I lost one baby from my triplet pregnancy last year....so it is a very sad feeling.....but I think a DNC is the best option if you are cramping severely with my first MC I just let them pass naturally but the second pregnancy I got a DNC and the way my Dr made it sound it was like mowing the grass and making a new smooth place for a new baby to implant so I think that it just depends on the way you are passing or not passsing the baby. Hope you feel better and I pray for the best.
well im not cramping anymore i cramped for 4 days and it was so painful i couldnt sleep at nite so like 4 days later i went to the er and that was beg . of march no more cramping i stopped cramping the day before i went to the er..
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.