Maternal & Child Community
Day 10 IVF Neg EPT Can we still be PG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Day 10 IVF Neg EPT Can we still be PG

My wife and I are on Day 10 post Embryo Transfer the EPT she took this morning was neg. We did a day 5 transfer post retrivial. Could we still be PREG???? She is also cramping a bit and over the last 3 days had 2 days with a slight pinkish discharge and yesterday it was slightly brown. Our blood test is monday 2/23/09 and we are dying to know!!! Any advice??

You tested too early -- just consider, if your clinic thought you could get a reliable answer today, they would have tested her today, and a blood test is more sensitive than a home test.  The pinkish discharge could have been from the manipulation of her cervix or from the embryo implanting or from some other thing related to the process.  I would not take it as a negative, just a neutral at worst.  Good luck, don't test so early, it will just drive you nuts.  
I just found out I'm pregnant this afternoon after a 3dt. I, too, took a pregnancy test, 9dp retrieval, and got negative. I tested the next day and barely saw something, then again the next day and saw a darker line, etc. I also cramped pretty badly 7dpr, which now I'm thinking was implantation. I had a little spotting the first few days after transfer. I'd keep your thoughts positive. So many women don't show hcg until later- it all depends on when that little empbry implants. Good luck!
Thank you guys so much for your responses. The information is really helpful. You are right it is driving us nuts. I am positive person but my wife on the other hand discourages easily. I actually tried to keep her from taking the test at all b/c I didn't want her to get down in the dumps. Thanks again you guys have been most helpful! Talk to you all soon and I will let you know how monday turns out! Have a good weekend!
Please tell your wife that it is not possible to tell from the way you feel if you are pregnant, in the first few weeks.  So she has nothing to be discouraged about.  I think the faint discharge was actually a perfectly OK sign to have.  Keep us posted!
Just to let you guys know the Preg. Test was negative....... We meet with the Dr. on monday and we will go back at it again. Thanks for your support and insight we greatly appreciate it.
I'm so sorry!  But I'll bet you will get there.  Good luck!