Aa
A
A
Close
Day 40 of cycle: No period, Negative test
Hi! I'm new here, but my name is Breanna and I am having some trouble.  I had a daughter in January and had an IUD inserted 8 weeks PP, on my second PP period.  I've had under a 30 day cycle every month since.  I am full time breastfeeding as well.  On day 30 & 31 of this cycle, I had cramping but no period.  On day 32 I had like 2 drops of blood, and no more.  day 33 & 34 I had more cramping.  Nothing after that.  On day 38 I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Today I am cramping again, but no period. I am sexually active probably 2-3 times per week with the same partner and we use a condom every time. Any ideas?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
whenever u start a new form of birth control especially after giving birth it sends your hormones into a whirlwind its not uncommon to have weird periods or for them to just stop..some forms of birth control cause you not to have a period even after you stop using it....i wouldnt worry too much at all.after i had my son and i went on and off birth control i didnt have a period for months....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I don;t understand why I would cramp and everything, but not bleed though.  I have had the IUD for 5 months now, and it is the Paragard, which normally increases bleeding.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Oh, and let me add: I have PCOS which can cause false negatives.  Also everytime I've had sex Ive used a condom.  And My 3,4 & 5th periods were all 2 or 3 day spotting.  My last one, cycle 6, was a full, heavy, 5 days.  It was also only 19 days
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Day 40 of cycle: No period, Negative test
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources