Dayquil during pregnancy
Hey, i am almost 19 weeks along now.. and i just got a really bad cold/flu. I have a list of things that i can take and dayquils on there, but im scared to take it! Has anyone else taken dayquil? I dont know what else to take.
i just asked dh- a pharmacist. he said dayquil is ok, but not nyquil. you can also take sudafed, tylenol, robatussin, robatussin dm, robatussin cf, delsim. if you decide to take any cold or flu meds that take care of many symptoms, just check the ingredients. if you're not sure about generic names for meds in medicines, compare it to the active ingredients on the brand name boxes
I wouldn't take the Dayquil to be honest.  Tylenol has a medication is that very similar, and actually worked wonders for my cold.  They have liquid and it doesn't taste like the green death flavor of Nyquil either.
my doctor said Dayquil was fine for a cold, just not Nyquil because it contains alcohol.

You can also take Sudafed and Robitussin. Also Tylenol.
I have taken benedryl for colds during pregnancy and had no problems with my babies.