Maternal & Child Community
Days to Take Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Days to Take Clomid

So, we know that Clomid can be prescriped on different cycle days, days 3-7, 5-9, and sometimes even 1-5.

My doctor prescribed it to me for days 5-9, I'm currently awaiting to see if my AF shows up this weekend of not.  If it does, I am curious whether or not to go against my doctors prescription and take Clomid on days 3-7.

I've heard that this is better?  

Anyway, I want to get other's opinions before changing the days to take the Clomid.  Or should I continue taking it on days 5-9.  If my AF does show up, this would be my 3rd cycle of Clomid.

Thanks.
Well, my doctor put me on days 3-7 50mg.  It took me 3 cycles of it to get my BFP (as you see from my post below I just found out)!!  I dont know what it would hurt if you changed.  I guess its all up to you.
My dr had me take clomid on cds 2-6. I wouldn't go against your dr. There might be a reason why he/she prescribed you to take it certain days. Maybe call him/her and ask if there was a specific reason and if it would be ok to take it 3-7 instead.

Take Care
I think its just all in dr. preference.  Cause my doc said days 3-7 and the other doc in the building says days 5-9.  I dont think there is a special reason!  I dont know tho.  I could be wrong!  that is just what I was told.
I took clomid days 5-9 and fell pregnant on cycle 3.  I would not go against your doctor, obviously from these posts different days work but give it a chance.  Also remember that clomid is not completely absorbed by your body and accumulates, therefore even though you are taking 50g it is actually a little more every month you are on it.  Good luck.
I took it days 3-7 and got pregnant after 3rd cycle.
I don't think there is any harm in taking it earlier in the cycle. It does seem to be based on the dr's preference. My doc prescribed it for days 5-9, but I was ovulating so late, that I decided to start taking it earlier in my cycle.
When your doctor prescribes your next round of clomid, ask him/her to write one for the estradiol, too. Then, get the price from your pharmacy. I do have to pay out of pocket for the clomid (and my hcg shots), so I'm glad I only have a copay on the estrogen. Just ask, and maybe your doctor will do it.
In the past I have taken it day 5-9 and got pregnant on my 5th cycle. I am trying for baby 2 and once again it was prescribed day 5-9 from a different OB. I would not go against what your Dr. Suggested. You should call your OB and ask why didnt prescribe day 3-7 and take it from there.
I don't think the prescription estrogen is very much at all. Now, my insurance does cover part of it, but for 14 pills, I pay less than $7 for the generic. You can call your pharmacy and price it- I think the RX is actually written for Estradiol.
Hi in your post you said something about dryness while on Clomid.  I have always experienced dryness and especially on the cycles that I am on Clomid.  Do you know of a natural Estrogen or over the counter that can be taken instead prescribed estrogen.  Because I am self pay and these specialist visits and medicine is breaking my checkbook.
I take an anti-seizer medication that has always made my CM dry.  I don't take anything for it, and I don't use Robitassum, but I do use preseed when we BD.

If there is anything over the counter, I'd like to know too.  I am open to suggestions.  
Has anyone taken clomid on cycle days 8-12??   That's what my doc. prescribed and I was wondering why so late.  
I just remember that taking it earlier in the cycle results in more follicles, taking it later in the cycle results in better quality eggs.