Days to Take Clomid
So, we know that Clomid can be prescriped on different cycle days, days 3-7, 5-9, and sometimes even 1-5.

My doctor prescribed it to me for days 5-9, I'm currently awaiting to see if my AF shows up this weekend of not.  If it does, I am curious whether or not to go against my doctors prescription and take Clomid on days 3-7.

I've heard that this is better?  

Anyway, I want to get other's opinions before changing the days to take the Clomid.  Or should I continue taking it on days 5-9.  If my AF does show up, this would be my 3rd cycle of Clomid.

Thanks.
Well, my doctor put me on days 3-7 50mg.  It took me 3 cycles of it to get my BFP (as you see from my post below I just found out)!!  I dont know what it would hurt if you changed.  I guess its all up to you.
My dr had me take clomid on cds 2-6. I wouldn't go against your dr. There might be a reason why he/she prescribed you to take it certain days. Maybe call him/her and ask if there was a specific reason and if it would be ok to take it 3-7 instead.

Take Care
I think its just all in dr. preference.  Cause my doc said days 3-7 and the other doc in the building says days 5-9.  I dont think there is a special reason!  I dont know tho.  I could be wrong!  that is just what I was told.
I took clomid days 5-9 and fell pregnant on cycle 3.  I would not go against your doctor, obviously from these posts different days work but give it a chance.  Also remember that clomid is not completely absorbed by your body and accumulates, therefore even though you are taking 50g it is actually a little more every month you are on it.  Good luck.
I took it days 3-7 and got pregnant after 3rd cycle.
I don't think there is any harm in taking it earlier in the cycle. It does seem to be based on the dr's preference. My doc prescribed it for days 5-9, but I was ovulating so late, that I decided to start taking it earlier in my cycle.
When your doctor prescribes your next round of clomid, ask him/her to write one for the estradiol, too. Then, get the price from your pharmacy. I do have to pay out of pocket for the clomid (and my hcg shots), so I'm glad I only have a copay on the estrogen. Just ask, and maybe your doctor will do it.
In the past I have taken it day 5-9 and got pregnant on my 5th cycle. I am trying for baby 2 and once again it was prescribed day 5-9 from a different OB. I would not go against what your Dr. Suggested. You should call your OB and ask why didnt prescribe day 3-7 and take it from there.
I don't think the prescription estrogen is very much at all. Now, my insurance does cover part of it, but for 14 pills, I pay less than $7 for the generic. You can call your pharmacy and price it- I think the RX is actually written for Estradiol.
Hi in your post you said something about dryness while on Clomid.  I have always experienced dryness and especially on the cycles that I am on Clomid.  Do you know of a natural Estrogen or over the counter that can be taken instead prescribed estrogen.  Because I am self pay and these specialist visits and medicine is breaking my checkbook.
I take an anti-seizer medication that has always made my CM dry.  I don't take anything for it, and I don't use Robitassum, but I do use preseed when we BD.

If there is anything over the counter, I'd like to know too.  I am open to suggestions.  
Has anyone taken clomid on cycle days 8-12??   That's what my doc. prescribed and I was wondering why so late.  
I just remember that taking it earlier in the cycle results in more follicles, taking it later in the cycle results in better quality eggs.