Maternal & Child Community
Decidual bleeding and pregnant? Or unusual period and not pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Decidual bleeding and pregnant? Or unusual period and not pregnant?

Okay I am not sure if what I experienced was my period or Decidual Bleeding which sometimes occurs in early pregnancy. My husband and I had our honeymoon early October and didn't use protection during intercourse. My period followed shortly after, and other than spotting the first day which is unusual, was normal. I thought nothing of it, stress, that's all. My next "period" was supposed to be around 11/17/09, well on 11/12/09 I spotted. The next day was more regular bleeding. It was similar to what my normal period would be like, but on day three and four it was very light. Then it was gone, I usually last for 7 days, I did experience some spotting on day five just when I wiped once, and then the same thing again on day 6. Since then I have taken two home pregnancy tests both negative. I am also beginning to experience some fatigue, breast tenderness, swollen breasts, loss of appetite. Some moodiness. My husband and I both think that we're pregnant but why the negative test? What is going on here?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
It is not unusual for a woman to experience an irregular cycle here and there. Request a blood presg test for a definite answer and to set your mind at ease.
Blank
1123002_tn?1259525980
I had a doctors visit my doctor recommended that I wait for the blood test because they are only minimally more accurate than a urine test. My urine test came up negative, we discussed my symptoms and he informed me what I thought was an unusual period due to stress or just an irregular cycle he said it may have been implantation bleeding or decidual bleeding commonly mistaken as a period during early stages of pregnancy. He has requested that I wait 3 weeks to return to the office for another test which will probably be the blood test for quantitive something. I don't remember. But thank you for your input! I appreciate it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...