Maternal & Child Community
Decrease in infant head growth percentile

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am concerned because my son's head growth dropped 20% from 58% to 38% at his 1 year check up.  He has a metopic ridge, but all the Pediatricians that he has seen feel it is minimal and no reason for concern at this time.  The Pediatrician consulted a specialist and both agreed to wait 1 month and remeasure his head.  After doing research, I am concerned about microcephaly.  Has anyone else experience this before (decrease in head growth), and, if so, what was the outcome?  I am praying he is fine!  I'm very worried, but I am hopeful that he is OK.