Maternal & Child Community
Diarrhea a sign of labor coming??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Diarrhea a sign of labor coming??

Sorry if this is TMI...

For the past two days I have felt fine, but have had a bit of diarrhea.  Prior to this, I have been closer to constipation than anything else.

I've heard this may be a sign that labor is coming soon?  Anyone had this be a sign?  If so, when did the symptoms start and how soon after did you deliver?
Yes, it could be a sign of labor starting. I'm not sure how long though. Are you having any other symptoms?
How far along are you?
With my 1st pregnancy, I had that happen. I woke up with bad stomach cramps and had to go to the bathroom. It was like that all night. Then early that morning I was having cramps and contractions. I also was nausea the night before, couldn't finish eating. I went to the hospital the next day and was already dilated 6 cm. :0
Girl, I've had the poops now for almost 4 straight weeks, lost my mucous plug 3 weeks ago, had spotting/light bleeding on and off during the last 4 weeks, and I'm still preggo.

AND I'm only 34 1/2 weeks.

These poops really suck.

I remember them starting with my 2nd around the 7month/30 weeks too.
that was freeky. i was just about to write the same thing. i have been having diarrhea for the past 3 days. and going at least 6+ times a day.  to where it hurts to wipe(tmi). mine started monday night at 1130pm, w/ what i think were contractions? (first time making it this far in pregnancy) crying, feeling sharp pains in my girly area all at the same time. lasted for a half an hour. finily got some sleep and up and down the rest of  the night w/ "the runs" and still to this moment.  
My mom wants me to go to the dr. but i am scared to. i am only 35w2d. and she told me that it could be a sign. I kept joing around saying ol she can come anytime, and i am ready for her too. and once monday night happened, i was crying for her not to, she isnt ready. BUT i guess if she is she will come when ever.

Good luck hun.
Aw, how exciting!  I have had this going on for a few weeks and am still at a 2 as of today, will be induced next Thursday if no baby yet.  I also have nausea and lost some weight this week.  I was like this with my first one too.  Some people are lucky though, and it can be a sign that labor is coming.  Good luck!
I have just started having the bathroom problem it woke me up with contraction the pain was crazy then when i woke up this morning just a contraction