Maternal & Child Community
Did any of you had her 20 wks u/s recently???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi. I am going for my 20 weeks u/s next week an I am so worried. I had my last u/s 2 wks ago when I had my amnio test. Everything seemed to be great then and my amnio test results were normal. Is it ok to be worried or am I worring too much. How was you u/s? I really need some comfort here. Thank you.
I would say that if your us 2 weeks ago and your amnio were great...then you're pretty much in the clear!  be happy and enjoy being pregnant...congrats on your great amnio results!
i had my big 20 wk scan last week (or was it the week before?.....hmm this pregnancy is frying my brain)

i was nervous too, but im sure if your amnio was good then this will be as well, it takes some time, they measure everything, take the weight and look at all kinds of different stuff, we got to count all the fingers and toes

mine went very good, they said the head and body was measuring 2 weeks ahead of my dates, and they said the foot was 3 weeks ahead, so now im preparing to give birth to big foot!

hope it goes well!
I don't know what you consider recently, but I had my 20wk, well for me i actually had it at 21wks... I had it 5wks ago it sure doesn't seem like 5wks ago... wow time is passing quickly. However its perfectly normal to be worried. We all worry too much, it's the mommy instinct taking over. *sigh*  I'm sure you will be fine since everything looked good two wks ago.
Up until recently I worried before every single appointment! I would get myself worked into a frenzy on my drive to the doctor's office...always thinking they'd not be able to find a heartbeat or the u/s would show something wrong! Now, at 31 weeks, I feel the baby move all the time so that has helped ease my mind somewhat. Now my worry is more if something could be wrong the that they didn't detect by u/s. lol It's always something!!
dont worry at all.  it is actually a really exciting scan.  it takes about an hour and you see all aspects of baby.  it was by far my favorite thing so far and you get the results right there.  as they scan they will tell you the heart looks fine, the kidneys look fine.  there is no wait on that. especially if you had an amnio i'd say just be excited for it.
Thank you ladies for your support. I was really worried about the amnio test, then the next day they called me and said the FISH test is great and no Chromosome problems. Then, I was worried about what after amnio test( like misscarriage). What worried me that someone said that amnio test can't find any other birth defect except chromosome issue. So, I keep thinkink about the heart, brain, kidney.....etc. See, I have a chronic health problems (Colitis, arthritis, asthma....) but none of it-thank God- would affect the baby, it just make me worry to have a sick baby. I hope you will understand now why I worry too much.