Maternal & Child Community
Did anyone else burst blood vessles on their face when pushing/giving b...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Did anyone else burst blood vessles on their face when pushing/giving birth?

After I gave birth to my daughter, I was shocked when I looked in the mirror for the first time an hour later...I had all these red splotches on my face and around my eyes, almost like light hickies all over. The nurse told me I had burst a bunch of blood vessles in my face from pushing so hard. They did go away after a few days. Has anyone else had that? Can I expect that that will happen again when I give birth a second time?
i did not get it from birth( not there yet) but i did get them very bad when i threw up at the beginning of my pregnancy. so bad people thought i had black eyes and were giving my s/o dirty looks at the mall. lol.
OMG!! I told my sister she looked like spiderman. She had a 9.5lb boy for the 1st one and a long intense labor. Every vessel in her face broke. Like a red shattered mirror. They went away pretty quick though :)
My best friend had busted blood vessels in her eyes. It looked like she was in a boxing match and lost! They told her that if she pushed more into her bottom and kept her chin to her chest it may not have happened. She sometimes arched back in the pain while pushing and this allowed for the blood and pressure to go up into her face/head. Best wishes to you!
oh yes! I burst them all in my cheeks, forehead, and chest  (above the breasts and along the collar bone) it looked like I had a hundred tiny freakles. They started going away the day after, now (4 days later) they are pretty much all gone
Happened to me.  They disappeared after 2 days.
With my first one I just looked like I had 2 black eyes, I'm very fair skinned too.  Not sure, but I think some of it was from being so pale too.  The nurse had mentioned that it came from pushing and would go away soon.  I did not have that problem with baby #2, but baby #2 was over 1 lb. smaller.  I have heard though that you have to be careful not to push with your face, to push down in your bottom and that helps a lot.  
i had that my whole pregnancy the first time from all the puking.  all round both eyes and around my mouth from nose to chin.  i looked so awful.
the second pregnancy i got it for a little bit round my eyes from the sickness (not as bad as the first time) but then i did get it during labor too on that one.  the oddest patch i think was the one on my left shoulder.  just a patch of it.

and i read somewhere that the "pregnant glow" is really from the burst blood vessels in the face and chest of many pregnant women.