Maternal & Child Community
Did your period change after giving birth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had my first child 3 months ago.  My period came back on March 30th...8 weeks after delivery.  It was a normal period to me.  This month though I started cramping about a week before my period was due.  Then yesterday & today I've noticed some spotting when wiping.  My period isn't due until Monday.  I never used to spot before getting my period.  Is a normal change after having a baby?  Does your cycle length change?
Your period can be a little crazy for awhile after having a baby.  Mine took a few cycles to go back to normal, and even then it was months before I was back on every 28 days.  Your body has been through so much, it takes a little time.  Congrats on baby!  I had mine on March 30th, not looking forward to getting my period back though.  I also noticed more cramping earlier and throughout my period after my first baby.
Well for me, my periods got heavier, longer and more painful with every baby I had.
Though a year after I had my last baby I found out that I had severe adenomyosis and enodmetriosis. My Dr.s are not positive, but it could have been because of all the pregnancys and the C-section that I had. He said that I could have had the problems for the past 10 years (my oldest is 10) and it could have just gotten worse when I had my last baby and the C-section I had with him.
So in my case it's hard to tell. We are not sure if it was because of the pregnacies or just because.
I recently just had my baby 3 months to be exact.  I have not gotten my period though but am breast feeding.  I am wondering if the cramps I am having are due to getting my period soon, but it has been 3 weeks, the cramping is mild, but I haven't ever felt like this.  Is this because of all of the changes or could I be pregnant?  I took a test and it said that I wasn't I am just so unsure of what is going on?
i had my baby in May, i had my perio for only 3 months which was an on and off thing, it wasn't regular and now i don't have my period anymore.....................i am so unsure
I had my baby 11 weeks ago. I got my first period about 4 weeks ago. It was semi-normal. Then about a week and a half later I had another one. This one was VERY heavy and even had some clots in it so I went to see my OB and they took an ultrasound and said everything was fine. It FINALLY went away after about 7-8 days of ridiculously heavy flow. Now it is back again already and heavy as before and I have been off for less than a week. Should I be worried even though the doc said everything is good? Is this normal?