Maternal & Child Community
Difficulty Breathing, Swelling and Strange feelings 39 weeks... Also -...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Difficulty Breathing, Swelling and Strange feelings 39 weeks... Also - Gnicole how are you ?

Hi everyone:  I am just about 39 weeks - no dialated yet but thinned and dropped.  Today I am having a really hard time breathing, I am still swelled and I keep getting something like a rush to my head, almost like instant hot flash or something.  I had the urge to go to the bathroom earlier but it went away and I know that is a sign of Labor. Me and the luxury of having a BM just does not happen so that is strange for me too.

I go to the doctors later today for my scheduled appt.  Does anyone out there who has had a baby know if this is normal?

Also, GNICOLE - how are you today.  I am worried about you and your heart.  I hope you are a mommy today :)
I had what you described until the last 1 1/2 weeks (currently 39.4 days). That's when the baby decided to drop. Oh, it's so nice being able to breathe again, eat decently, no heartburn, well, you get the picture. But, yes it's normal until he gets off of your diaphram. I would see stars all the time and get really lightheaded even just from sitting upright. That was prolly the hardest thing for me to do...just to sit up and watch tv or play on the computer. Keep in mind with you getting close, you're going to get even more uncomfortable, and your BM's should start easing up and allow you to go, um, more easily.
Well, I talked to the cardiologist yesterday and he said he was going to call my OB doctor that I am seeing tomorrow and make the recommendation to induce me. Of course, no one has called me from the OB office yet so I am going to wait until lunchtime and call them. I am sure when I call they will be like "Oh we don't know anything about it"  I am soon ready to march myself in there and demand that they do something, this is ridiculous.  I am getting worried!! Thanks for asking about me! ! :) I hope you are feeling better soon! :)
Are you still working?  Your heartrate should only be in the 60's I just dont understand why they are so calm.  Looks like they will induce you soon.  Good Luck.
As of Monday I was not allowed to work anymore.  I am getting so frustrated with my OB office.
I had the heat flash the other day. ONce while at work, I think I was having light contractions.  Then again the other day while cooking, again, contractions. Maybe they are small contractions your getting?
The only time I have trouble breathing is when I get the really tight belly/braxton hicks. IT forces me to sit down and even use my asthma inhaler.