Maternal & Child Community
Diflucan and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Diflucan and pregnancy

Hey everyone I posted earlier this wk about having a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and her wrote me out a prescription for diflucan. I mean I trust my doctor. He's a high risk OB and I'm pretty sure he knows what hes doing. But I always worry about everything. Have any of you all taken this while pregnant?? If so how did it go?

I read somewhere that you shouldn't take Diflucan while preg.  I have a YI right now and the doctor prescribed an internal cream.  Although I read to not take Diflucan, I'm sure he would not have prescribed it unless it was safe.  Are you past the first trimester?  If so, maybe it is more safe.
Avatar n tn
ive actually been on diflucan 2xs since feb due to ongoing thrush.............
should i be worried?
From what I've read its long term, everyday exposure that can cause birth defects. I am hoping to only be on it this once. I am 21wks along so I'm far past first trimester. They used to say dont take it while breast feeding, but they are started to revoke that because now they are starting to give it to babies for thrush. So I'm going to assume it's going to be fine.
I took diflucan and found out that I had been a few weeks pregnant.  My doctor said it wouldn't have an effect but I shouldn't be taking it while I am pregnant.  I would rethink using it.  Try an internal cream instead.
i always took diflucan for yeat infections before i got pregnant. fortunately for me, i never had a yeat infection while i was pregnant, so i didn't have to worry about it. however, after i had my son and got my period for the first time, the yeast infections were back. when i called my ob for a prescription for diflucan, they said i could not take it if i was breastfeeding. i'm not, so i took it without a problem, but i would imagine, if they don't prescribe it if your breastfeeding, the same goes for if you're pregnant too. i don't know - just my experiance. i love diflucan though - its the only thing that works for me!