Maternal & Child Community
Dilation??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dilation??

Hi, I am 38 weeks pregnant. I am dilated one cm.  Any advice for getting to 3 cm would be greatly appreciated.  I know when my doctor is on call and I would really like for him to deliver the baby so anything I can do to help things along would be great!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Well, I have tried castor oil and it didn't work. I am still trying the sex and walking.  How soon should I get to 3 if I do this every night?
Blank
130384_tn?1221596627
There is no way to predict when you will dialate further.  You could walk around from now until 42 weeks being 1 cm dialated.  What is special to you about getting to 3 cm dialated?  Will the doctor induce you then?

The only things you can keep doing are walking, sex, sitting on an excercize ball to help spread your legs, seeing if the doctor will strip your membranes, or possibly eating spicy foods (rumored to work, like castor oil is rumored to work).  I would not recommend castor oil.  It tastes horrible, can bring on horrible cramps, and can be stressful to your baby.

You'll just have to let nature take it's course, or see if the doctor will induce you.  I know the waiting is hard.  Hopefully something will happen soon!

Blank
how can u check to see how far you are dialating ur self
Blank
130384_tn?1221596627
You cannot.  You can't reach in that far yourself.  Only a doctor/nurse has the experience (and angle) to check you for dilation.
Blank
WALK WALK WALK- THEN TAKE A NICE HOT SHOWER AND RELAX-THE MORE STRESSED YOU ARE THE LESS DILATION HAPPENS!  JUST TRY AND RELAX-CAN YOU GET IN AND OUT OF THE TUB?  IF SO GRAB A GOOD BOOK OR MAG AND HOP IN.  I NEVER TRIED CASTROL OIL-BUT A FRIEND DID AND GOT THE POOPS!  NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT WHEN YOU GO INTO LABOR! :)  ANOTHER FRIEND OF MINE INSISTED ON HOT SPICY FOOD-SHE ATE JALAPENOS, HOT SAUCE AND ANYTHING ELSE SHE COULD GET HER MOUTH ON - HOPE THIS HELPS!  JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU WANT THE BABY OUT NOW BUT WHEN IT COMES TIME TO PUSH AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING SPILT IN 2 YOU WILL WISH YOU NEVER HELPED MOTHER NATURE!  JUST LET YOUR BODY DO WHAT IT WAS MADE FOR-BABY MAKING!  GOOD LUCK!
Blank
hey dimples i have been at 4cm's for a few days now, nothing works. The only things that will work is time, the baby comes out when he or she wants. I have been sweeped 2 times and nothing. Casor oil is not only nasty but will make you very sick. Let nature take its course, it wont happen untill your body is ready :)
Blank
oh and i have been masturbating and having sex at least 4-6 times a day and im still stuck on my 4cm. So that does not work, they say walking will help but i havent noticed.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank