Maternal & Child Community
Discharge after Sex?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Discharge after Sex?

Hi Ladies,

This morning my hubby and I had sex. I am almost 35 weeks pregnant. Once we were done, I noticed that I had some clear, gel-like discharge.  I have never seen this before. Has anyone else? Does anyone know what that could be or if it is at all dangerous. It had the consistency of clear hair gel, no odour that I could tell of.

Thanks a million!!
It is more than likely a mixtur of his semanal fluid and your CM.  With your cervix all closed up from being pregnant there is no place for the spermies to go but out.
Definately seminal fluid, every time DH and I have sex, since my cervix is closed, all of it comes straight out.  Kinda' gross, so we've been using condoms just because it's cleaner.  Nothing to worry about, as long as it's clear, you're good.
Thanks for the input. I defiitely know that his sperm came out, its more watery/runny or however you want to describe it. This was solid though, that is what made me concerend. I have never seen that before.
Just a thought, but could it have been the mucus plug?  I'd call the doc since you are close to being full term, you might be getting ready to deliver.  My DH's cousin lost her mucus plug at 28 weeks and had to be on bed-rest for the rest of the pregnancy.
Even if it is your mucus plug I wouldn't worry about it. I lose mine every time by 35 weeks and always have to be induced at term still. My guess is that is what is happening.
I am only 10 weeks pregnant and this happen to me this morning. I had relations with me husband last night. I went to the restroom this morning and I passed what look like mucous and then later blood which freaked me completly out. I called the DR IMMD and they told me to come in. I had an ultrasound done and the Dr also checked me cervix. Everything looked good. Cervix was closed and the baby had a heartbeat. The Dr said that sex can cause the cervix to become irritated. I was crying all morning long. I had an Ectopic pregnany in this Sept and I don't think I can handle another lost.
happens to me everytime after sex im 19 weeks it shouldnt be any thing to worry about.it happend with my last pregnancy last year aswell my mucus plug however did come away slowly but it had a redish old blood look to it good luck.
I never actually saw my plug, but from what the doctor told me, it's got some tints of blood in it.  If your gel-like mucus was completely clear then I don't think it was your MP.  Maybe you were just really enjoying your romp in the sack and got wetter than usual.  :-)