Maternal & Child Community
Discharge during early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Discharge during early pregnancy

Okay, so I went to the Dr on Wed and was put on Progesterone suppositories Friday due to low levels. Now I am having brown discharge. Thinking it could be the suppository (though this didn't happen the first day.) But want to know if anybody has had these suppositories before and experienced the same discharge. (Hoping that's all it is!)
hey I never had the S thingy but the brown discharge during early pregnancy is normal it scared the poop out of me and my mom told me it was normal. so maybe thats all it is.
I experienced that with progesterone shots. I almost wouldn't even call it a discharge as it wasn't on the paper when I wiped it would just be on my panties. I would also take 2-3 showers a day because I really thought it smelled, I actually made my husband smell my business lol and he said it just smelled strongly of placenta(he is in the medical community) whatever on earth placenta smells like. I never talked with my dr about the brown stuff or the smell as I was too embarrassed. Good Luck!! Ginger
I know this is going to sound like a weird question, but what did it smell like? I am panicking about dicharge *lol*
LOL! what your hubby said about placenta! I smell it all the time and it definitely has a VERY distinctive smell!
UUmmm.....it is on the paper when I wipe and on the panty liners. I guess I will try to smell it next potty break (which guessing by my average lately will be in another minute or so!) Going back to previous post, exactly what DOES placenta smell like? And bless your hubby! If I told my honey to smell my panties, he might think it was foreplay! On a serious note though, okay I am not worried anymore, (THANK  YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!) although I do wonder is that funky smell something I should LOOK (or inhale) for or is it something you just notice because of strength?
I hope you guys do not think I am weird asking what it smelled like!  I am just curious.  There are going to be all these pregnant women smelling their panties now!
LOL-I do not think it is weird. Heck, I asked the same thing! And if there is nothing that matches then what is the smell? Sweet? Sour? just plain gross? LOL
A little discharge is perfectly ok during pregnancy.  If it becomes bothersome, profuse, fishy smelling, itchy or bright red blood, see your doctor.  

Brown discharge just means some old blood.  It can come from minor cervical irritation.
It smelled to me like maybe if you hadn't showered in a day or two how as a woman your "business" would just stink but maybe because I was extra sensitive to smell I smelled it constantly just sitting on the couch, even if I had just showered!!! It was just a strong smell. I didn't have him smell my panties I had him smell my "business" LOL and he was a good sport about it!!!! He said it wasn't neccesarily a bad smell just a stong smell but it was very offensive to me and I couldn't very well just leave the room!! ha ha Good Luck!!! Ginger
When is it normal to see a fetal heartbeat? my LMP was 17th November and the doctor couldn't see anything in the sac adn recommended a D & C - so when can you see/hear soemthing??
Regarding the fetal heartbeat question, I had a terrible experience with an early sonogram.  My LMP was Nov. 20 and I had a sonogram on Dec. 30.  The report indicated a 8 week 3 day fetus, no heartbeat, and fetal demise.  The OB/GYN recommended a D&C.  I asked for a second opinion sonogram a week later, at a different sonogram place.  Low and behold, a 6 1/2 week fetus with a strong heartbeat.  If I had listened to that first opinion I would have aborted this child I've been hoping for for  years.  If I were you, I would insist on a second opinion sonogram at a different location a week later.  If you start to bleed heavily before then, call the doctor.  It may be a long shot, but in my case it was worth it.  Also, finish drinking your 32 oz. of water one hour before your sonogram so they can see as best as possible.
Thanks for clearing that up! It is not strong, or I can't smell it due to preggo snot stuffing me up! Maybe that's a blessing in disguise!
it's official!  We can talk about anything :)  And my husband would have run for the hills if I would even walk his direction with the panties crotch out!!!!!  hahhah  He ain't afraid of going down south, but he hates panties crotch out! hahahah  So funny.  I guess it's like bad breath...  you can plug your nose when you realize that someone has bad breath, but when you see all the **** up in their teeth you just can't erase the mental picture?!!!  hahah

Sam get a 2nd opinion.  Good luck :)  momttc

i am three months pregnant...now ive seen how open you guys are with your questions and comments so imma just go ahead a spit it out...ive been having a very thick discharge lately...its orderless but has a very slite yellowish tint to it... It kinda reminds me of snot when you have a cold. It freaked me the hell out when i first saw it..and now its been going on for about a week and a half. one time it was quite a bit of it. Somewhere i read that it could be my mucous plug that isnt suppose to happen until a week b4 delivery, but with my daughter i never had that happen at all...can somebody help me out please...thanks...and i hope i havent embarrased myself to bad! lol!
Hi everyone.  I am 17 weeks pregnant and when I pee and wipe there is a thick yellowish discharge, no smell, but there is alot sometimes.  Does anyone know what this is and if it is anything to worry about?  Thanks so much!
what about sour smelling discharge..? just thougth id throw in my own concern..but is it normal..? should i be worried?
i am in my 7th week of pregnancy. i have been having minor bleeding. it changes from red blood in what looks like mucus to brown foul smelling discharge at times. but no cramps or clots. i was worried to death about this so i went to the hospital the did several tests. which told me i was a neg blood type so for that i ghad a shot...there was a fetal heartbeat and everything seemed to be ok.. then i had a pelvic examination done where the doctor said my cervix was closed while a student noticed it was slightly opend and that the bloodv was coming from my cervix. i really had no answers on to whats going on other then . well theres a heartbeat, the fetus is good size and the ultrasound showed to be fine. so what about my cervix and the bleeding ... any answers or simular please