Maternal & Child Community
Discoloration of Baby's Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Discoloration of Baby's Vagina

My daughter is 7 weeks old. I was bathing her tonight and noticed black on the sides of her clitoris. I am a lil worried about it. Any thoughts on what it could be?
Avatar n tn
Thanks for posting, is it normal for it to be darker on the INSIDE? It seems to have faded since yesterday. I was just worried about sum type of infection or something, like maybe I wasnt gettn her clean enuf. But she seems to feel fine. I cant fine anything abt it on the net :(
Infants often have darker skin around the genitalia.  If you are truly worried, ask your pediatrician to have a look.  
No, I wouldn't say it's completely normal to be black on the inside, but then again, we can't see what you're talking about.  

Ask your ped, b/c as you say, there is nothing you can do on the internet.