Maternal & Child Community
Discomfort in first month of pregnancy, normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I found out I am pregnant a week ago, about 4 weeks.  I have had 3 miscarriages.  This time I do not feel like I'm going to miscarry.  But I do have a lot of soreness and lots of aches around my hips, lower back, and bottom.  Sometimes the pain moves to my ovaries.  I was wondering if any of you thought this was normal for this early of a pregnancy.  No cramping in the middle of my abdomen and no bleeding.  I have never felt like this before with any of my other pregnancies.  Thank you for any help you might have:)
i still feel all that stuff and i am now 12 wks congrats on the bfp
It is normal. Just wait though I thought it hurt then but now that I am almost 16 weeks, wow some days are pretty painful and it is all perfectly normal. Congrats and Good Luck :)
Thank you guys so much!  That's the answer I wanted to hear:)  I can deal with the pain, I just don't want it to mean miscarriage.  I was worried because my pregnancy with my son was absolutely perfect with no pain.  So the pain that feels like it's coming from my ovaries is ok too??
I had the same exact discomfort and even though preg it felt like ovulation pains. OB said also normal and is actually ligament pain in the same exact region of the ovaries.
I was feeling the same way. I am now 8 weeks & most of that pain has gone away. I still get some lower back pain but, for the most part my hips & everything else feel a lot better. I think it is just your body getting ready for what lies ahead. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you.  I'm glad to know that there is someone with the same symptoms.  I feel a lot better knowing that these feelings are normal.  I am so excited to go to my first appt., I can't wait to hear the heart beat:)
I am excited for you as well. I cried when I had my first u/s and also the first time I heard the HB by doppler. It is a wonderful experience that you will never forget.
I had that for the first couple weeks and yes, it was scary to me too being I MC in Dec.  Apparantly it normal and nothing to worry about.
If the pain moves around a lot, yes, it's definitely normal, your uterus is growing and putting pressure on various muscles and they are learning to stretch again.  If it ever were to localize in one place and get really strong, ask the doctor just so you can rule out ectopic.  But that doesn't sound like what you are dealing with.  All the best!!!
I was asking the same questions yesterday on another board.  I have it in the same area you do.  Siatic (sciatic) nerve feels like its getting me bad, even my leg and arm were getting a little numb and I'm barely 5 weeks.
That is how I feel sometimes.  Not numbing though, more like soreness going down my legs once in a while.  If I'm on my feet for too long it's really bad.  I think it might be the siatic (sciatic) nerve also.  I am at 4 weeks right now, seems like maybe we are on the same page:)