Do I have to have a doctor take my IUD out or can I do it?
My husband and I are wanting to get pregnant. I have the IUD in and we were wondering if we could take it out or if a doctor needs to. Also, am I suppose to bleed after taking it out? And how fast could I get pregnant when it is removed?
You are better off having your doc remove it, don't risk injury or infection by doing it yourself. I had mine removed in Nov, got pg the next cycle (though it ended up being a chemical pg) and after the cycle with the m/c, I got pg again and am now 24 weeks. It took very little time to get pg. But again, I stress that you have your doc remove it, they know what they are doing.

Andi
I would have the doc do it. That way you can make sure that you are healthy. I got pregnant right away after I got my IUD out.
Eeowch!  Do you really mean it?  What if it tears at your cervix or something?  Makes me wince just to think of it.  :P
If it was safe to do an IUD yourself, they would probably sell them at Walmart. You need to let your Dr. take it out.