Do dopplers work on tilted uterus?
My uterus is tilted, so if I need an ultrasound it has to be done transvaginally.  A standard exterior utrasound won't pick anything up.  I'm currently nine weeks and I would like to rent a doppler because I m/c in the past and am scared so would like to hear a heartbeat for reassurance. Perhaps it won't pick anything up because of my tilted uterus.  Does anybody have experience with this?
A doppler is to listen to the baby's heartbeat if I am not mistaken. It should work on a tilted uterus but usually they do not pick anything up until 13 weeks. Good luck with your pregnancy and congrats!
Sorry can u plz tell me what a doppler is
Hi. I have a tilted uterus and when I was 12 weeks the doc had a hard time finding the heartbeat with it.  So she did a U/s and everything was fine.  I think in our cases, since our uterus are tilted back, the heartbeat is a little harder to find.  But dont worry, once your baby grows a little, it'll be fine.
I just rented a doppler.  I waited until the next dr. appointment in order to be sure that she could find it with the doppler so I wont freak out when I get my doppler, and cant find the baby.  I know what you are feeling about being scared and wanted to have security at your hands but, I think getting one now for you, at 9 weeks, will only make you worry more.  I know that you may not want to hear it but I'm only thinking of you as I understand what you are feeling.  Even now at 18 weeks, i told myself before I rented the doppler (i got it last friday) that I shouldnt freak out if I couldnt find it.  But he's big enough now that I can.
It seems like from what you have said I probably will go without a doppler.  I will have an ultrasound at twenty weeks anyway, so I think that will put my mind to ease.  Plus, to be honest I'm really just terrified about getting through the first trimester.  I feel like if I make it to about fifteen weeks with no spotting or cramping than I will make it to the nine months with no problems.  I know that fifteen weeks is three weeks beyond the first trimester, but last time I miscarried it took my body three weeks to figure it out.  I need to focus on other things and enjoy life right now.  Time will fly through the holidays and that's good.
My doctor told me that it can be hard to hear the heartbeat with a tilted uterus.  I have not heard my baby's heartbeat, but go to the doctor next week to hear it.  I have a very tilted uterus, so I will see next week.
I get my doppler on Friday.  How do you like it?  I ordered the same one as you - was it hard to find the heartbeat at first?  Do you hear the baby moving around with it too?  Happy week 19 :)  Oh and happy belated birthday :)
Hi.  I am 9 weeks also.. and to my knowledge I do not have a tilted uterus.. and I still cannot find my baby's heartbeat.  I have been abnormally calm with this pregnancy so I went ahead and ordered mine early.  But am not freaking out or calling  the doctor because I cant find the heartbeat.   So unless you know that you can stay calm and not freak out about not finding it.. then I would recommend that you dont get it until later in your pregnancy.
I have a tilted uterus too. My doctor said that after the first trimester, the ever growing uterus tilts itself into the correct position. Have you heard that?