Do early pregnancy tests work?
Hey you guys. Well I know it is all I have been talking about, but I really think I might be pregnant. I have this feeling like I am. The only other time I felt it was right before I found out about Jacob. Anyway, I am thinking about using one of those tests that you can use 4 days before your expected period. I am due on the 11, but would kinda like to know on Mother's day. Has anyone else used them? Do they work?
Mandi
For some yes and for some no. the first response worked for me the last time but my OB told me to wait until I actually miss AF this time! LOL Oh well, I did wait, but you're right finding out on Mother's day would be great! I really hope you get your BFP!!

I used the 4 day early first response as well. They are strong. But I will cation you, don't be too upset if it's not BFP. It can still take a little longer. I wish you the Biggest BFP possible!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!
The early tests always worked for me. My favorite is Answer Early but First Response Early is well liked here also. Mother's Day is the 9th so that's 2 days early. Use FMU and you should get an accurate result, however, if it is negative and you miss AF, by all means retest! Keeping fingers crossed for you!
Hi there,
I too am going to test on Mother's Day!!! Hopefully we can celebrate together because like you my AF is due on the 11th. So I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Baby Dust to you!
I used a First Response this last time.  Just make sure you don't pee on it for more than 5 seconds!  =)  It won't be as strong of a line then.  I got a BFP with FRE and my HCG was only 43, so they are definitely sensitive.  I was 12 days past ovulation.
GOOD LUCK!
I also heard that Accuclear is a good one too.
Here is a website that tells you the HPT's that detect the least amount of HCG in your urine. http://www.pregnancytesting.com/questions.php?action=5
I personally used EPT with my other two children and with this one I used Equate from Wal-Mart.  Haven't had a test yet that gave me the wrong answer...so I personally think they are very accurate.  Best of luck!
Robin
I did 2 HPT's both neg.  It was the blood test that was positive.  
The problem with testing early is that the result, if negative, is meaningless.

You could still be pregnant and just not have enough urinary excretion of HCG to be detected.

Test if you must, but don't be down if it is negative.  You would still just have to wait and test again.
speaking of HPT's I'm ADDICTED!!!!  I went out and bought one yesterday (day before AF was due) tested Neg.  But my DH bought another one tonight lol - I think he's addicted too.  We both want to test right now...but think we should wait till tomorrow morning.  But we REALLY want to test again tonight.  any thoughts?  

Still a mom - did you end up testing early?

any advice would be helpful!!

I used one step pregnancy test from the dollar store for 4 dollars, and it worked. Although I used it the day after my period was due. It had two lines. Then I went to the E.R just to make sure and sure enough it was true.
baby dust goes out to you
ni

I just wanted to let you knoe that I too have experienced the same kicking sensation in the bum and bladder area.  I am currently 26w 4d and have been feeling this for a couple of weeks now.  I asked my OB doc and she said it is VERY normal.  At first i was very nervous because it felt as if a foot or something was going to come out....but then I asked my dr about it and she said it was ok.  

It is worse when you have a full bladder and it is kicking very low.  

Gina
EDD 08 07 04
I am also due for AF on May 11th.
For the past couple of years I have been like clockwork.
Maybe a day or two late some months.
I too would love to know for mothers day, but for me, I'll wait to see if I miss it, or is symptons begin to pop up.
Congratulations!
I just turned 43.
My husband just turned 46.
No kids, been together since 1988, married since 1995.
I am due for AF on May 11th, probably will come, I have been like clockwork for the past few years, but before that, most of my life I have always been late.
I guess ovulation would of took place last tuesday or so.
Did you notice any symptoms, a little after ovulation or how soon did your symptoms begin to start?
I have used AccuClear early HPT - I never realized that name sounds like a contact lens.  LOL!!!!!!  Anyhow - I loved that test.  I have been able to test early and get a very clear reading both times.  It is fairly reasonable in price also.  I got mine at Target on sale (back in Jan. of course) for $9 for 3 tests.  I would definitely look into that one if you can find it.  Good Luck to you I do hope you get the answers you are wanting.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you get your BFP!!!!!!!!
I have been obsessed, with the thought of being pregnant. My husband thinks I'm nuts. Ever since I found this website (like 2 months ago) I found myself wanting to be pregnant again. I would test every night if I could!
That's how I'm feeling!
Hi there... thanks for the congrats!  symptoms began I'm not even sure now.. lol.. all the days are running together.  Over a week ago anyway!  I haven't told DH yet...birthday is tomorrow!

It's KILLING ME not to say anything... but I've planned a special meal for that night.  Baby back ribs, baby carrots, etc.  Get the theme?  cute eh?  then toasting with a little "baby champagne". I am VERY excited and can hardly hold it in... I sure hope I don't let it out of the bag tonight!

I'm 46... DH will be 48... yikes!

Blessings on your attempts to conceive! Be patient!