Maternal & Child Community
Do frequent bowel movements mean labor is coming soon?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do frequent bowel movements mean labor is coming soon?

Sorry if this is gross but do frequent bowel movements mean labor is coming soon? Has anyone ever had this before?  For about a week now I have had 5 or 6 bowel movements a day and I have felt kind of crampy.  I was more constipated before. Thanks for your help! :)
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am not sure but I have read that when the baby moves down and gets engaged it makes you have more frequent soft bowel movements.
Blank
165078_tn?1255610007
I heard that is a sign.  Congrats on the lucky BM's.  Mine are horrible :)

Did you tell your doctor?  
Blank
15480_tn?1302533402
I go for my weekly visit on Friday so I guess I will just wait. I didn't tell the doctor last week because I didn't really care for her and I thought she was kind of rude! I actually like when I see one of the mid-wives.  They seem to know more than the doctors where I go! :)  
Blank
omg.. I've been wondering the same thing for the past week. I have a VERY strange bm system.  Even during pregnancy it pretty much was the same pattern like before.  But I'm noticing now that I'm going very often.  Almost once a day which for me isnt my norm.  I know it sounds weird but I've had that problem all my life.
Anyway, I've been wondering the same thing.  I told my bf that she's coming soon just by the changes I'm seeing in my body.  
Today I'm having lower back pain and it's stooting to my legs. IT's slight but enough that I notice it.  Also, I had cramps earlier.  Maybe it's just what happens when you get so close to labor.
Blank
165078_tn?1255610007
I like the midwife the best too.  They just care more.  The doctors try to rush you out.  

Newbie, how did your appt go?  Did it hurt?
Blank
142722_tn?1281537216
You getting pretty close to having that baby :-)  I'm still gaining a lot of weight - I'm at 38pounds and 28w1d   - when is your baby due?
Blank
:( not until 5:15. Sorry. Do they have midwives in ny? lol
Only Dr's who swear their god :)
Blank
I've always had the same problem that newbie has yep, all my life, too. It really bytes. I can't remember for sure if I had freq. bm's, but I think I did. Soft, which  (sorry TMI) is way unusual for me. Just be on the look out for more signs like bloody show.... good luck!!! :-)
Blank
Exactly.  Mine was really hard in the beginning (sorry tmi) but now it's soft and frequent.  Makes me thinking something going on.
Blank
162489_tn?1189759431
Me too im 34 weeks today and i've noticed a difference over the last week.  Definately more frequent, like twice a day, which is different than before.  I was early and so was my mum, i'm hoping its not a sign just yet.
Blank
15480_tn?1302533402
I was originally due May 11th, but they think now I am actually 2 weeks ahead of that so that would be the end of this month-I hope. I have gained 45lbs. UGH!!! I am enormous and it is hard to breath and I am having terrible acid reflux! :( Good luck to you!!!
Blank
15480_tn?1302533402
Good luck at your appt.!

Cantwait-Midwifes are so much better-I agree!! :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...