Maternal & Child Community
Do u have 2 have sore boobs when your pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi guys,
this may sound like a dumb question..but I've always wondered this...when I was pregnant in 7/06, I never really had sore boobs, maybe for the first 4 days I found out and then they really didn't hurt at all.  I ended up MC on 9/1 and I'm just wondering...does sore boobs generally mean a healthy pregnancy?  Almost everyone I know who is pregnant said that the first thing they had was sore boobs and they had that for quite a few weeks.  I'm on 11 dpo and really don't have sore boobs (maybe sensitive nipples) so I'm already figuring I'm not again this month.  Just curious..thanks in advance.  
Happy weekend to all!
My boobs never feel anything until I am around 16 weeks. I did feel it early on with my first pregnancy but none of the ones since then and I have been pregnant 7 times and carried 5 of them to term.
my boobs hurt like crazy but they ahve in the past and I've lost them too.. so I don't think it means anything.
NO, my breast have hardly hurt at all and I'm 30 weeks.....They are barely sore right now, I have no idea why that is maybe due to lower progesterone/hormones, I had to take suppliments in early pregnancy   God bless and Good luck
I read that if you get sore boobs before AF or after ovulating when you are NOT pregnant, you are much more likely to have sore boobs when pregnant.
This comforted me, because I am 4 weeks 2 days and my boobs aren't hurting much at all--just an occasional twinge.
And I NEVER got sore boobs when not pregnant--not EVER.

So maybe this fits for you? Either way, I really wouldn't worry. I am sure you are just fine!
When I was pregnant with my son (now 6 years old) my boobs never hurted at all. I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) in June and my boobs did not hurt either. So, I think it has nothing to do with hurting boobs or not to have a healthy pregnancy.
**** Baby dust ****
Hi my cousin has had two healthy pregnancies and she did have sore boobs, the one time I was pregnant may/06 I had sore boobs but it was a chemical pregnancy.  and well I always get sore boobs just before my period.  This cycle I had realy bad sore boobs and I thought I was pregnant (wishfull thinking) but nope ended up being my period.

HOpefully this is your month! good luck
i always get sore boobs before all periods this month 4 days before period no soreness at all could i be pregnant
I NEVER had anything different about my boobs until around week 30 when they got darker.  They did not feel any different at all and I had a healthy baby.
I never had sore boobs before I got preggers, aside from my gut feeling that's how I knew I was pg. I couldn't even face the shower head for the first month without crying from pain. Just the water hitting by breasts was excruciating.
I'm sure everyone is different though.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
The same thing with me, before every period my boobs really hurt me.  I am about four days away from my period and they aren't hurting me, so I was wondering the same thing as you - could that be a sign of pregnancy?  I stopped taking the pill back in October, so it could just be my body readjusting.
Hey,

Well I guess I spoke too soon cause now my boobs are hurting, they started hurting yesterday.  So I guess it means I am due on my period.  Its funny though cause they also say this is a pregnancy symptom, very frustrating to find out how you tell the difference.
My first few cycles after coming off the pill last October were for 30days but then last month I only had a twenty-eight day cycle, could be that my body took that long to adjust.  I'm expecting to come on tomorrow or by the latest Thursday.  Does anyone have any similar stories to mine?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Kelly,
I hope it is not too late to give you some input regarding  your message posted on the 2nd of March.
I also came off the pill last October and have also been having some pretty strange cycles.  My boobs also hurt me before every period.  Most of my cycles have been 30 days, but I also had one that was a 28 day and finally thought my body was readjusted but the following month it was back to 30 days!
This month though I haven't started my period yet and it has been 31 days so far today.  My boobs are killing me!! Usually the pain subsides a day before I am due on but this time they are still hurting.  I have held off taking a pregnancy test as I would hate to get my hopes up for nothing.  This time though instead of certain parts of the breast hurting it seems to be pretty much all over, especially at the top!  So this is deff a different type of soreness than I previously experienced.  I will let you know the results as soon as I know something more definite.  I deff know what you are going through though - just hang in there as that's what I am telling myself too!  I was relieved to find someone who has experienced the same symptoms I have.
Hi there,
my period is due in one day. i have had some symptoms of pregnancy moody extremely tired i could hardly sleep though and i had abdominal pain since ovulation the funny bit is that i had sore nipples bit darker than normal and very heavy boobs covered with large veins but that lasted for only a couple of hours then went back to normal. i can t wait to see if i miss my period and i had about 6 tests all negative.

my boobs are normal and it is depressing me cos i think i am not pregnant after all.
did someone have same experience as i am dying to know earlier if i am pregnant cos i need to stop a medication that i am taking asap otherwise it ll harm the baby.
thanks and god bless u  
Negative tests can mean a couple of things.1:You aren't pregnant..or 2:You tested WAY too early.If you don't have enough hCG in your system, it's going to give you a negative.TRY to wait until you are late for your AF.If you still get a negative, wait a couple of days after that.But I have heard from my doctor, as well as women on forums, that you can get negatives all throughout pregnancy.
If I am pregnant this will be my third! I can't remember when or if my bbs ever hurt... Well with my first they did! But my question is both times I missed a period.. this time I have had one since the date I think I would have gotten preggers, so what I'm asking for sure can you be preg and still have a normal period? I would have gotten pregnant the day of ovulation! Is this possible?
I don't get sore boobs like ever. I think the last time I had sore boobs I was on puberty but I think I'm pregnant so Idk if I'm supposed to have sore boobs..