Maternal & Child Community
Do you believe in implantation bleeding and could this be it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

First my question, do you believe in implantation bleeding and have you experienced it?  The reason I ask is becuase some sites say that there is no such thing and some say there is.  So I am asking you all.

Now for the second part, could this be implantation bleeding?  I ovulate early, on/around day 9.  So dh and I bd'ed on day 8 and day 10.  On Saturday (day 15), Sunday (day 16) and today (day 17) I have went to the bathroom a couple of times and when I wiped there was a mucus (like egg whites) on the paper with small pinkish areas in them.  What do you think?

Also I have an OB appt on Thursday (day 20).  Will the dr be able to when he does the internal if I am pg?  Or should I go ahead and take a pg test and tell him the results and request a blood test.

Tzigane
i have experienced implantation bleeding..so it does happen!
but for me i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was blood on the paper!scary!!i went to the hospital terrified as iv already had a miscarriage and was told everything was fine and it was implantation bleeding,which is when the egg imbeds into the wall.
so this could well be implantation bleding in your case.
i would recommend taking a test just to settle your mind either way.
i dont think a doctor can tell from an internal if you are pregnant,especially so early.
although he may offer a pregnancy test,and maybe blood test too.
good luck,and try to do a test..youl feel better knowing.hope this helps
No, I don't think implantation is what causes the bleeding that some women experience at the start of pregnancy (me included).  It is most likely caused by an imbalance in hormones that occurs between the when you reach at the normal time of menstruation before your body starts responding to the hormone productions of the newly fertilized egg.

Good luck to you!
I experienced the same situation only when I went to the bathroom when I would wipe there would be a little pinkish brown discharge and it happened around the time I was due to start my period. I called the doctor right away like you I have read that this is implantation and then some sites say no. So the doctor took two blood test and comfirmed I was pregnant and that my HCG levels were rising and looked good.The doctor told me it would be around the right time that the egg would be implanting. I have an ultra sound tomorrow well see how that goes...I hope that helped you a little bit...With my daughter I didn't have any spotting...it's hard to say it's spotting because it's only there when we go to the bathroom and wipe but I guess that's what they call it.
Can anyone tell me anything about implantation bleeding and early pregnancy signs?  I think I was ovulating about 3 weeks ago.  Now I am having a brownish type of discharge.  Like old blood and only enough to be seen when I wipe.  I have all of a sudden become so emotional that I cry at everything & can stop almost instantly.  I am having cramps like when I have a period and headaches like crazy.  I have been nauseous, but not really throwing up.  I am soooo tired too.  It seems like my energy is just being sucked out of me.  But the thing is my periods are soooooo irregular that I NEVER know even when to expect it.  Except I get weepy the day before.  Always the day before.  Never more than that.  Now it has been almost a week of crying over everything.  I just need someone to talk to.  I want to have a child more than anything, but I have been told by doctor after doctor that it would be virtually impossible unless I took fertility drugs, Which we haven't the money for.  Now we are in the process of moving & no money to get checked.  Help please?
I am also wondering about implantation bleeding.  I have been on the pill for several years now and have never spotted or had breakthrough bleeding at all.  I am due to have my period (according to my pills) July 6 or 7.  From June 15-June 22 I had spotting of this reddish brown blood.  It was very light every day and had to wear a pantyliner.  the first day it was semi heavy meaning I had to wear a small tampon but after that, it was only spots here and there and when I wiped after going to the bathroom.  I took a pregnancy test during the bleeding to make sure I wasn't pregnant and it was negative.  Is there a chance I could still be pregnant and it wasn't able to show up yet?  I have been extra tired lately and my breats started to get full a lot sooner before my period than normal.
yes i do, I have had some implantation bleeding so my doctor tells me anyway, I had it on my period due date first day all i had was loads of thick mucus with a little blood in it then on the 2nd day i had a day off blood a mixture of dark red and brown blood with mucus in it, had a few cramps in my tummy but nothing else only bled for 1 day. my doctor told me to do a preggy test it came up negative she told me to do one 3 days later i have it is still negative i know i am pregnant as I already have 2 sons and know the syptoms (symptoms) my boobs are tender and the vains in them are visable my nipples are changing brownish and i have headaches feel sick my nose feels blocked feel very tired and irratable at times. I am going to wait now till next next period is due to do another test as i have experienced the same with my other sons it takes ages for my HCG hormone to show up so will wait till next period date and then do a test. but I know I am pregnant anyway. Anyone got anything to say please let me know. Thanks
I have been searching all over the internet for help on this topic so I am happy to finally find it.  I recently had a month long period in May after I stopped taking my birth control pills.  My flow was pretty heavy the first two weeks and the off and on for the following two weeks.  Today is july 9th and I
I have been searching all over the internet for help on this topic so I am happy to finally find it.  I recently had a month long period in May after I stopped taking my birth control pills.  My flow was pretty heavy the first two weeks and the off and on for the following two weeks, stopping on may 26th.  Today is july 9th and I have yet to start my period and two pregnancy test came up negative.  I experienced what I though could be implantaion bleeding yesterday and the day before. (bright pinkinsh red and dark brown) It was only very small amounts after wiping.  Does anyone think I could be pregnant?  Shouldn't a test come up positive if the implantaion has occurred? HELP!
I am very confused like i have said I know I am pregnant because of all the symptoms  I am getting esp my boobs the vains etc. last month wat i was told was  implantation bleeding by my doctor i am not sure if it was now i have an idea that it was just a normal period even thou it only lasted a day this month however is different in that i have had a bleed a week earlier than my period was due this  bleed was for only 1 day of really dark red/brown blood cramping too I but now it has stopped. i am confused i know its not a period as i usually bleed for 5 days but for the past few months my husband and i have been making love when i am most fertile. i know  i am pregnant even though last week i did a test and it was negative i am scared to do another test. as i dont know whether this is an implantation bleed or something else. i am in no pain just comfused dont know whats going on with my body. i am usually so regualar every 29 days this time with me starting this bleed a week early i am thinking this is implantation bleed. my doctor has said that yo udo get some cramping with implatation bleeding just like a period i dont know what to think. i am hoping if i am pregnant that i am not going to bleed like this every month as i know that some people do. this is so wierd anyone got any advice
I had some dark spotting when I first found out I was PG. It went away the next day. The Dr said as long as it was not bright red. And yes he said it was either implantation or just old blood. I had none of that with my second and then had tons of spotting for months with my third.
My dh and I have only been trying for two months to get pregnant and I had been off the pill before trying for 5 months. My periods have ALWAYS been regular and I've never had any spotting except sometimes a day or two RIGHT BEFORE my period is due. My question is - the last two months we have been TRYING to conceive I have had spotting each month approx. 6 days after I estimated that I ovulated (using OPK's). Then it stops and a week later (right on time) I've gotten my period. The spotting has been a small bright red spot and then it's just brownish pink spotting - not enough even for a mini pad or anything and just when I go to the bathroom. Could this be failed implantation? I have recently been diagnosed by ultrasound with a bicornuate uterus also. Having an HSG to confirm and detect the severity within a few weeks.
Thanks.
My period is 7 days late today. The last couple of days I've had cramps, and I'm always sure my period has started, but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe.
My husband and I have been ttc for 2 months, I took a test last week in the afternoon but it was negative....could I still be pregnant?
i do believe in implantation bleeding- i had it with my first.  my doctor said that is what it was anyway.  well i am now pregnant again.  i am 6 weeks.  i had implantation bleeding again with this one.  it was brownish and a little pink.  it only lasted like 3 to 4 days and was very little, it showed up the day that i was expecting my period. i wasnt sure if i thought thats what it was so i looked all over the internet and didnt find what i wanted, waited another day and it wasnt anything like a normal period. i did the same as everyone else and took a PG the day after it started but it was neg.  i waited another 10 days ( that was very hard to do) and thats when it was positive.  so just relax and try to be patient, you can always test again and if it still comes out neg, then you should go to the doc to see what is going on with your body.
Exactly what you have is exactly what I'm experiencing this very moment.  I stopped taking my bcp and had a regular period - lmp: August 9, 2004 - I am now 4 days late and I started with this brownish discharge (only upon wiping) - nothing on my panties.  What's was your turnout?
Hi everyone, this is the first time I am posting something here. I was wondering about implantation bleeding. Has anyone experienced it ? My husband and I have been trying for a couple of months now and I did have a miscarriage in the beginning of the year. Now I was supposed to get my period today on the 2nd of November but there is just some spotting ( pink blood with mucus when I wipe, nothing on the underwear). I took a pregnancy test also and it showed negative. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks
Hi there. My LMP was 12-18 and my cycles are always exactly 25 days apart. I am due to start 1-12 but yesterday morning I noticed that there was some pinkish colored discharge when I wiped. Later in the day I noticed (again when I wiped) that I had some red colored discharge. It has not been heavy enough to get on my panties and I only notice when I wipe. It is now day two and this occurence has varied from pink, to dark red, to brown,off and on but I have not experienced any of my ususal cramping or diarreha. I am starting to wonder if this is implantation bleeding. I have never had an irregular period and this started four days before my EMP. My husband and I haven't used any bc in the past two months and about a week ago I noticed that my breast were very sore and swollen. What do you all think? Would it be too early to take a test?
This is my first time on this site and this is exactly what I was looking for!  My situation is a little peculiar.  I have been on Ortho-Tri for a little over 2 years and have never missed a pill or had abnormal periods.  Now, for the first time, I am cramping and spotting about 4 days before my last pill which is about one week before my period will start.  At first it was just light brown (very faint) and just now it was red. It has been going on for about a day and a half. It isn't in my underwear, simply when I wipe.  Other than that, I have been tired but nothing more.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
lainey313,
I think your symptoms bode for very happy news.... I am not an expert of course, but so very many things have all happened that point to a pregnancy. Congratulations!
I HAVE BEEN ON ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO FOR 3 MONTHS (ALMOST 4). I MISSED 2 PILLS (ON FEBRUARY 7TH, & 8TH) BUT TOOK THEM AS DIRECTED IN THE INSTRUCTION. MY LMP WAS JANUARY 26, 2005 (IT WAS WEIRD, REALLY DIFFERENT FOR ME--IT WAS LITE AND IT NEVER GOT TO A BRIGHT RED LIKE IT NORMALLY DOES) FOR THE PAST FOUR DAYS (FEBRUARY 9TH THROUGH FEBRUARY 12TH {IT HASN'T STOPPED YET}) I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME IF THIS IS BREAKTHROUGH BLEEDING OR IMPLANTATION BLEEDING...IT IS MOSTLY BROWN AND SOMETIMES HAS A TOUCH OF PINK--NO CLOTS. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ***@**** OR ***@**** OR REPLY TO THIS...THANKS FOR READING AND I HOPE THAT YOU CAN HELP ME.
I WAS 4 WEEKS PREGNANT, IN JANUARY 1ST I HAD A MISCARRIAGE. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR A REGULAR PERIOD AND THEN TRY AGAIN TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN. I HAD MY REGULAR PERIOD ON JANUARY 30TH. HAD SEX ON FEB.11TH & 12TH .
ACCORDING TO THE OVULATION TEST I WAS FERTILE. WELL I HAVE 2 KIDS AND MY 1ST PREGNANCY I SPOTTED JUST A LITTLE DROP, MY 2ND NO SPOTTING AT ALL. THIS TIME I WAS ALMOST 99% SURE I WAS PREGNANT AND  FEB 25TH I STARTED BLEEDING, AT FIRST WAS LIGHT BLEEDING NOW ITS NOT AS HEAVY LIKE WHEN I AM IN MY PERIOD . I AM ALSO CRAMPING . IS THIS NORMAL? COULD I BE PREGNANT ?

I WAS 4 WEEKS PREGNANT, IN JANUARY 1ST I HAD A MISCARRIAGE. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR A REGULAR PERIOD AND THEN TRY AGAIN TO GET PREGNANT . I HAD MY REGULAR PERIOD ON JANUARY 30TH. HAD SEX ON FEB.11TH & 12TH .
ACCORDING TO THE OVULATION TEST I WAS FERTILE. WELL I HAVE 2 KIDS AND MY 1ST PREGNANCY I SPOTTED JUST A LITTLE DROP, MY 2ND NO SPOTTING AT ALL. THIS TIME I WAS ALMOST 99% SURE I WAS PREGNANT AND  FEB 25TH I STARTED BLEEDING, AT FIRST WAS LIGHT BLEEDING NOW ITS NOT AS HEAVY LIKE WHEN I AM IN MY PERIOD, ITS LIGHTER SO I AM VERY CONFUSE. IS THIS NORMAL? COULD I BE PREGNANT?
I am very worried that I might be pregnant.  I am wondering if I had implantation bleeding.  I had a normal period a month ago but this month my period was weird and concerned me.  The first day I had mucus like and it had red spots.  The second day it was red but only one pad and the third day it was brown.  I didn't have any cramps but I have feeling like being pregnant.  Boobs hurting, throwing up, sick to stomach, stuffed up nose, very, very, tired, crying, and very moody.  I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative and took another one and came out negative.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get a blood test done.  Could I be pregnant?
I have suffered two miscarriage my last being 5 1/2 weeks ago.  4 days ago I started spotting seems like very old blood with lots of tissue in it very light though and it has now stopped still got very sore boobs and urinating frequently do you think I could be pregnant?
Hello to you'll I was looking thru this forum and I noticed the same thing. You see last week which was on the 16 thru the 19 I should have started my period but I didn't three days later I noticed like pinkinsh when I wipe my self but I already did a pregnancy test and is negative. What is going on with my body. I
this is 3 years old
ok i had sex a week before my period i have my period every 30 days most of the time i started with a little what i would call watery blood that is just a little when i wipe no mukes then i started bleding on saterday thought it was going to be a bad period but stoped bleeding sunday night and then right back to that pinkesh only when i wipedand then i stopedd  now on thersday i started that agen only when i wipe friday night stoped  today makes exactly two weeks ago i had sex could this be plantion bleeding cus ive been doing this off and on for 4 days now whats going on i never do this period is only 4 days long and i never have brake thrue bleeding thrue the month and im not on no berth control  can sommone tell me if thats what going on and when can i do a test should i wait a week or would it tell  but this period was berly two days long has this happend to any one eles
6 weeks pragnant bleeding for 5days now, didn't pass any clot could I still be pragant?  
I have always had extremely regular periods, 28 day cycles, exactly. Have been trying to conceive for a couple onths now, and this month I started bleeding about 8 - 9 days before my period was due. My breasts are sore, I've been using the restroom more frequently this last week or so, have a stuffy nose, headaches, but hcg test said negative. could it be too early to tell? could I bre prego?