Doctor Questioning Miscarriage
So here is my story...On October 7 and 8th I had postive HPTs.  I went to a clinic for confirmation on October 10th and got a "weak" positive result.  The logical conclusion was that I was 5 weeks pregnant (due to date of LMP).  On October 12, 13 and 14 I had a lot of bleeding.  Went for an ultrasound on October 16 and was told by the speacilist that there was no visible evidence that I was ever pregnant.  Last night I went to my own doctor for my follow up appointment and he told me that the blood tests done on the first day of bleeding (Oct 12) showed that my HGC level was completely normal for a woman that wasn't pregnant and that is should have taken a lot longer to return to that level if I really had conceived.  So now I am left feeling like a total dork because I had three positive pregnancy tests and my doctor is questioning whether or not I was ever pregnant and whether or not I actually miscarried.  So I guess my question is has any one else ever gone from having multiple positive pregnancy tests to have a non pregnant level of HCG in less then a week?  Is it possible that I was never pregnant?  Any comments would be great as I am just a bit confused!!!!
I had that happen to me in Aug.  I got five postives tests and then 6d later started to bleed and went and got a blood test and it was negtive.  It is called a chemical preg.
BTW, I got a BFP on this Monday and I have been testing myself every two days because of what happened in Aug.
Do you know what your HCG was? I agree with Kris, could have been a chemical pregnancy.
I do think you were pregnant for a short time were talking a matter of days.  I am so nervous about my BFP this week because like you I have lots of postives in Aug only to be followed by a negtive.  The embro(sp) didn't attach to the uterus(sp ?)  This sucks I know because in a matter of days you became not pregnant anymore.  It sucks
I agree...chemical.

I had 2 this year...same thing.  Postive HPT and blood tests from the dr just to go back to 0 within a week of being pregnant.
I agree chemical. I took a total on 9 test within a weeks time the last one was a digital onee that said pregnant. I still wasn't convinced so i called my dr. She sent me in to have my betas.on tuesday and thursday. WEll Tuesday HCG-4w6d-3839 amd Thursday 5w1d-9638. Now i'm convinced. I think this is mwhy so many dr.s want you to wait until ur over 6 weeks because of chemical pregnancies. They are very common.
The one m/c I had that was monitored,I had a positive hpt, and a blood test with hcg in the 50's. A week later I started spotting. Over 4 days hcg dropped to 9. The major bleeding did not start until after that test was drawn. If I hadn't been monitored with blood tests, I'm sure I would've been in your position.
It can definitely drop to non-pregnant in a few days if it doesn't "take". Mine dropped several hundred in a few days.  You know what you saw so don't worry about the doc (maybe get a new one?)

Luv_babies....my HCG level on the first day of bleeding was 2.8 apparently.

So if this was a "Chemical" pregnancy then does that mean that I am free to continue right on trying?  It seems like I must have been "just barely pregnant" and therefore just barely miscarried....

Also is does anyone know if this is something that is likely to happen again once it has happened once?  Maybe I should make a habbit on not testing until I think I am good and pregnant!!!
I had that happen in June and teh doctor told me that if it came back negative I was till pregnant but just did not get pregnant till less then 2 wks prior.  I was a week late and everything.  A friend of mine was the same way.  She said that she was late, had multiple tests positive and then went back to get blood and it was negative.  I am not sure about the chemical thing, I have never been talked to about that, and have not heard of it till here.  I actually looked it up on ask.com.
On March 28th, I was 6 weeks pregnant and started cramping and bleeding. My hcg that day was 208.  The "products of conception" passed on the 29th and the next week (1 week exactly from start of bleeding), my hcg was <5.  All that to say that if mine can go from 208 to <5 in a week, I would think that a much lower number of hcg could return to normal within a couple of days.  I'm so sorry for your loss.