Maternal & Child Community
Does Clomid Shorten your Period? Please Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Last month was my first round of Clomid (5-9).  I have a cycle that is 26-28 days and last a full 6 days.

This month my period came on day 30.  (I know Clomid can lengthen your cycle)  The strange thing was it lasted three days.  My period started really strong for about an hour.  It has been trickling since though.  Now I am finished.  

My boobs have still been sore, headaches and hotflashes, but I contributed these side effects to the Clomid.  Has anyone else been through this?  

Is this normal?

Please help....I'm getting ready to start my second round of comid tomorrow.

Thank you!
clomid can change around your period a little so i wouldn't worry. it does sound like you had your period, maybe just a little lighter than usual. to be on the safe side you can always take a pregnancy test if you're worried. i've done this when my period changes just cuz i don't want to be on any meds if pregnant and since being on this site and reading so much about implantation bleeding and stuff (even though rare)i get extra nervous. but i would really think it's just a slight change in your period. hope this cycle brings you your BFP!!
I'm a little freaked out havind such a short and wierd period when I use to be so regular.  I don't mind an abbreviated period at all.  I just want to know that Clomid can cause this side effect.

Thanks for the advice.  You are appreciated :)
It made my periods lighter.  It was nice, 3 or 4 days at the most of just light brown stuff.  Enough for a panty liner after the first day!!  I was on it days 3-7!!
Clomid made me have 30 day cycles, regularly a 28 day, and made my period shorter as well.  Clomid treats everyone different.  Consider youself lucky for having a short period, now you can bd sooner for that baby!
Yea I recently found out that I am pregnant after 3 rounds of Clomid 50mg, days 3-7.  It made my cycles 31 days.  This was consistent for the 3 months so when no AF I knew something was up and that I should test.  I tested a day late and got a VERY VERY STRONG +!!  Good luck to you!
Thank you also for replying.  All you women are so great!

Did you get pg with clomid?  When should I start ttc?  Does ovulation change with length of periods?  OR does it go by the days of Clomid?  I'm on days (5-9).
Thank you so much.  I feel so much better.  If this is how it's going to work then I'm excited.  I hate long periods.

Did you get pregnant on Clomid?

Now that my periods are shorter will it change when I ovulate?  When should I start trying?
i took clomid unprescribed on the 21st day of my menstrual cycle for five day and on the 6th day of taken it, i saw my period but very light, can this be the effects of the clomid i took or i''m pregnant pls let me knw cos im going crazy.
tanx waiting for your reply soonest.
I also had irregular period since february of 2001 i went to my obgyn and did blood test ultra sound i was diagnose with pcos anyway her placed me on provera to induce my period then i start a a contracetive Cilest i stopped in the middle of the pack cause i was bleeding too heavy for the pass 8months I was seeing my period started clomid in september day 3-7 of my cycle missed october and now its november 4 I am 10days late. am i pregnant or did clomid do something to my cyle?