Maternal & Child Community
Does anyone know of IVF Grants? I live in NY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was told the best option for me to have a normal child is IVF with PGD. I had a miscarriage a year ago and going thru one right now. The first one they found that the fetus has an abnormality of the chromosomes.  They did blood test on me and found out that I am the carrier.  I am at high risk of multiple miscarriages and I can create normal eggs, eggs that are a carrier and eggs that have the abnormality.  IVF with PGD, they would take a sample from the egg and test to see if it is normal.  My ins does not cover IVF and I am trying to search for grants while I continue with IUI taking a risk each time.
Hi where in newyork do you live. I live in upstate new york one hour from albany and syracuse right smack in the middle, and I go to CNY fertility. they are awesome there.
I live in Florida and there is a doctor here (my new RE!!) that has a non-profit organization he created a few years ago called Fertile Dreams.  He went through fertility issues with his wife for 10 years before they finally adopted, so he knows the whole fertility issue inside and out from a hands on and technical aspect.  His organization has grants - they pick 3 candidates per year and give them $10k towards their treatment....it doesn't have to be through him or even for pregnancy, it could go towards adoption or surrogacy or whatever you need it for.  Go to www.fertiledreams.org for more info
I haven't been as lucky as you to find out the causes of my repeat miscarriages - 4 in the past 1.5 years...no live births.  I have insulin resistance (pcos is the cause) and am pre-diabetic so for now we are working on getting my insulin levels down to increase the chances of me carrying a pregnancy past 6-8 weeks.  I'm willing to try one more time (or so I say right now) and then will be moving on to IVF w/PGD as well.  My RE thinks my insulin is my problem, but can't be sure.  So if it turns out it isn't, we'll go for the PGD and hope that does it for us.  If not, adoption is the next step.  But I totally understand where you are coming from, I can't even begin to think of where we will get $15-20k for IVF w/PGD and then possibly have to repeat it or move on to adoption and come up with another $30k or so.  It isn't supposed to be this hard.....so good luck to you!
I live in florida too...where abouts are you?
I dunno about the IVF but if your needing help to concieve (conceive) please try Red Clover a traditional Chinese herb, it worked for me. I took it for 3 weeks and am now 6 weeks pregnant after having had my tubed tied 8 years ago...you can find it GNC and very affordable.....Good luck to you..
I'm in Melbourne - but my new doctor is in Winter Park.  Where are you??
I live in Albany and go to the CNY fertility in Latham.  They do have a good program but I cannot afford it.  I am still in debt for when my husband was in ESRD and did not work.  I just don't feel that I could add more to it, especially if no one can reassure my outcome.  NYS has a grant program but you have to pay 10% of your income first.  I just don't have the money.

Thank you for your support and suggestions.  I will look into it all
I live in Schenectady.We also have gone to the CNY fertility in Latham.They are awesome there.We are now in our 2WW and its killing us its Monday we find out on Friday.We had a very good outcome though we got 14 viable eggs from IVF.Micheal Grossman is a god send truley.He is very kind and understanding.We took a HPT on Saturday it came up negative Im really hoping that its just wrong.Any suport or feedback during this time would be appreciated.Also my partner had no bleeding.Do you have to have that with IVF?
Hi I am also looking for grant money to go through ivf and I haven't had any luck yet.  I live in NY also and have been going to strong Fertility and Reproductive science center.  There they have been given a grant from New York state but your name has to go on a list, they will call if and when it comes up.  I haven't been called yet and it's been a year in Jan.  But theres always hope, maybe you could try their.  DR. John T Queenan Jr. M.D.  is the doc. that I see and is very nice. Good luck and if u find anything out please  let me know.
I was reading some of your other respnses and was wondering about the grants that ny state offers of which u have to pay 10% of your income.  Can you tell me where I can apply for or find more info on that please.

Hi am 36 and live in upper ny. Is strong in rochester Ny I live 15 minutes away from there. I have a blocked tube and also no $ for treatment.
where I live there is a private program like in florida but it is only for locals

BUT - have you tried the cooper center in new jersey - they offer embryo adoption - which is awsome because you are saving a life instead of creating and throwing some away!!! - I encourage you to call and talk to carrie wilson
with embryo adoption you are looking at less than 3 grand total (procedure, fees, and medicines combined)  and you can do all the bllod tests and everything at your own doctors
Hi, I am currently pregnant as a result of the NYS Grant program through CNY Fertility Center. I just wanted to say that I did not pay 10% of my income. It's a sliding scale based on your income, but it was more like 5% of my income, if that. Maybe it goes up to 10% if your income is higher? There are several stipulations in order to qualify (based on your fertility issues), but I had no waiting period at all. I have tried to look it up on the internet to see if I could find out those stipulations for you, but no luck. There is a list of 14 participating fertility centers in the state, I believe (search for this and you can find it online). Contacting one would probably get you the answers you are looking for. Good luck to everyone!
Do you have any specific links to these programs?  NYS Grant Program, CNY Fertility Center
http://www.inciid.org/article.php?cat=statemandates&id=273

Above is a link to a page about NYS grants. It also lists a phone number for the NYS Dept. of Health who should be able to provide you with updated info. If you are working with a fertility clinic they should have information about the grant program. Good luck to you.