Maternal & Child Community
Does getting your tubes tied???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Does getting your tubes tied???

Hi Ladies,
this will be my 4th baby and me and my husband have deiceded that im gonna get my tubes tied right after the baby is born, the only thing that is worring me is that, im afraid its gonna hurt really bad, can you guys please if you have had it done, i know everyone is differet i just need some ideas of what im getting myself into..Please leave me some comments,letting me know if it hurts when getting it done and for how long does it hurt afterwards??...Thanks guys
I had my tubes tied after I had my 2nd.  I had her vaginally, so I had the procedure right after she was born.  It did not really hurt.  The only pain I had was a little around the incision ( which is very small, less than 1 inch in my belly button).  But it was not bad at all.  If you have a c-section, you would not even know you had it done I would imagine.
I HAD MY TUBES TIED AFTER MY TWINS WERE BORN AND I HAD A CESARIAN AND THE ONLY THING I NOTICED THAT TOOK A WHILE TO GO AWAY WAS THAT IT BURNED EVERYTIME I HAD TO PEE AND IT WAS PAINFUL I JUST KEPT ON DRINKING CRANBERRY JUICE AND WATER AND EVEN THO IT TOOK ABOUT A WEEK IT FINALLY WENT AWAYHOPE THIS GIVES YOU SOME HELP
Ya, i know im done having babies, i was done after my 3rd,but my insurance failed to cover it for me, this time around they are going too, soo i just wanna be prepared for what im getting myself into...thanks ladies
I had my tubes tied in May of this year, and all went really well.  I was REALLY tired after, and had to have someone be with me for the first 48 hours after the surgery so I didn't have to lift my 5 month old baby. (but I definitly could lift her, I was just light headed.)  I was in VERY little discomfort.  I took extra strength tylenol , and really didn't need it.  (I took it because I was afraid of it being more painful than it was)
I slept as much as I could and it was actually kinda NICE!  No body bugging me ....  and dh was absolutely wonderful, LOL  I decided to get my tubes tied, because I knew "I" was done having children .  Good luck to you.  I am sure you will be fine.