Maternal & Child Community
Does your heart beat become more noticeable during pregnancy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does your heart beat become more noticeable during pregnancy?

Hello!

I have a question...does your heart rate seem more noticeable when you are pregnant?  I'm 18 weeks pregant and I notice my heart rate very easily.  I've been to the doctors regularly and I do not have high blood pressure or any other abnormal symptoms.  I've heard my babies heart beat using the doppler...but I was wondering if I'm more conscious of my own heart beat or is it the babies heart beat that I'm feeling.

I know this is a weird question...but I thought I'd take a chance and ask if anyone else has noticed this as well.
Thank you.

Ritchys38
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
woow, i was wondering the same thing and i'm almost as far as you're (19 weeks ) I'm having twins! Yeah i can  notice my heartbeat very easily too especially when i'm laid down. i do not have high blood pressure or any other abnormal symptoms neither, so maybe this is common:)  I was gonna ask my dr on my next visit.
stay in touch and good luck :)
Blank
It did with me. And it was up from it's normal 65 bpm to well over 80. Totally normal.
Blank
I definitly notice it every time I have been pregnant. And my heartrate is also up. I notice it more after I have eaten a heavy meal.
Blank
Oh yay! And I have a faster heartrate than most. When it is the slowest it is usually in the 90's. With both pregnancy I was given a ECG and all kinds of test around 12 weeks or so and then was told to watch my heartrate. It was a big hassle. Anyway you have more blood volume so that is why it is more noticable.
Mandi
Blank
Thank you to all for your responses.  I felt silly asking that question...but now I don't feel soooooo silly :)

Take care.

Ritchys38
Blank
you guys have answered my questions i'm 18 wks and right after i eat i swear i feel my heart thumping harder than ever, or if i climb the stairs real fast, boy i feel exhausted but it's good to know i'm not alone.
take care
ana
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979