Does your heart beat become more noticeable during pregnancy?
Hello!

I have a question...does your heart rate seem more noticeable when you are pregnant?  I'm 18 weeks pregant and I notice my heart rate very easily.  I've been to the doctors regularly and I do not have high blood pressure or any other abnormal symptoms.  I've heard my babies heart beat using the doppler...but I was wondering if I'm more conscious of my own heart beat or is it the babies heart beat that I'm feeling.

I know this is a weird question...but I thought I'd take a chance and ask if anyone else has noticed this as well.
Thank you.

Ritchys38
woow, i was wondering the same thing and i'm almost as far as you're (19 weeks ) I'm having twins! Yeah i can  notice my heartbeat very easily too especially when i'm laid down. i do not have high blood pressure or any other abnormal symptoms neither, so maybe this is common:)  I was gonna ask my dr on my next visit.
stay in touch and good luck :)
It did with me. And it was up from it's normal 65 bpm to well over 80. Totally normal.
Oh yay! And I have a faster heartrate than most. When it is the slowest it is usually in the 90's. With both pregnancy I was given a ECG and all kinds of test around 12 weeks or so and then was told to watch my heartrate. It was a big hassle. Anyway you have more blood volume so that is why it is more noticable.
Mandi
I definitly notice it every time I have been pregnant. And my heartrate is also up. I notice it more after I have eaten a heavy meal.
Thank you to all for your responses.  I felt silly asking that question...but now I don't feel soooooo silly :)

Take care.

Ritchys38
you guys have answered my questions i'm 18 wks and right after i eat i swear i feel my heart thumping harder than ever, or if i climb the stairs real fast, boy i feel exhausted but it's good to know i'm not alone.
take care
ana