Maternal & Child Community
Dollar tree pregnancy tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Dollar tree pregnancy tests

Hey all! Who has experience with these tests? Likes? Dislikes?
Are there bad evaporation lines if you let them sit for a while?
ANyone been confused because of them? I'm not pregnant now, but I got like 5 faint positives that came after an hour on these tests only, then got my af. SO I'm trying to decide if I've had a chemical pregnancy or just af???? And I want to know if I should use these tests next month, or if they will just confuse me more!!! Thanks!
I had a chemical pregnancy and I had used a Dollar Tree test it was faint but it was a line, at the Dr. office it showed neg. buty the did blood work and my hcg was 98.  I think they pick up like a 50hcg level.  I think if you got a faint line and then AF you were indead pregnant then.
They always used to give me an evaporation line.  I used Answer brand last month and they are great!  And here, at my Walmart, they were only $5.44 for 2!  I thought it must have been a mistake but I bought a package at 2 different walmart's and was the same amount at both.
I used them and got a BFP, no evap. lines. I found out I was pregnant with them this time around! They are pretty accurate. Good Luck!!!
You arent supposed to look at them for results after the alloted time.  I never saw an evaporation line tho so I dont know what those look like.
they actually measure at 25. ive had them work fine for me once, and another i had the very slightest of line. i wasnt pg. i say if you want to use them give it several days or just try another brand!!
The Dollar Tree tests here measure 25 (mil)....
BUT you have to look at them in the time limits they set (as with all tests) or you could get evap lines.
Found out I was pregnant with one in Sept.  I ended up having a M/C.  Thought I was preg again in Oct. but took test and it said neg.  it was correct.  I think you have to use them and read them in the time alotted.  I do not think Dollar Tree Ovulation Predict. Test work good.  They are too hard to use if you ask me.
FOUND I WAS PREGNANT WITH ONE.....GOT EPT TO BE SURE, 3 TESTS LATER I WAS STILL POSITIVE......GOOD LUCK!
I'm not sure if I read your message right ... are you saying that the second line didn't show up until after an hour? I have always read that if you read the test AFTER the requisite time (i.e. 3 min, 5 min, 7 min, 10 min, etc.), then the results are no longer valid. Evaporation lines begin to show after the expected read time. If the line showed up within the requisite read time, I would assume that you were/are indeed pregnant (my girlfriend started her "period," which was shorter and lighter than usual AFTER she conceived ... because it was shorter and lighter than usual, she took a test the day after it ended and got her BFP). However, if you didn't get the second line until AFTER the requisite read time expired, I would think that it was an evaporation line. Good luck! Keep us updated!
Thanks everyone for your responses! Honestly, I would think I was pregnant but I monitor my temps very closely and they've been lower than my coverline for 5 days. So definite af. I know about evaporation lines and it says not to read it after 10 minutes, however I'm a bit crazy and keep going back to them anyways. The weird thing is, with the dollar tree tests, the lines are colored, not gray, and faint but visible about an hour after. I know I shouldn't be looking, but I probably took close to 10 tests, the first 5 never got a line, and the second half did after that long. Thats why I was confused. Next time I guess I will just toss them somewhere I won't go back and look after the allotted time!! This ttc stuff is driving me crazy. I always ovulated around day 19, so only 14 days to go.....
I used the dollar store test and a line showed up after like a minute and it was clear enough for everyone to see it and then when I went to the doc they said not pg, so I think those dollar store one can be tricky.
The dollar tree test kits are tricky. I mean they work if you use them correct. They have no window to protect test paper area when you pee. I suggest if you use this test to have a cup and dip it so not to tamper with the paper area. I also once used TOO MUCH pee and the paper got over wet and I had no result on either end, blank test.

BUT this does not mean you have to pay BIG BUCKS for tests. I love CVS brand early pregnancy kit. I have not shopped that area in CVS but they are much cheaper and quite the same as EPT, CLEARBLUE. Why pay for a fancy purple handle if you can do a test correct if you just read the paper! know what I mean? we all love to save money.

The test is very similar to the kind they use in Doctor's office. Pee in a cup then use 3-4 drops in test hole and it will show if you have two line, like a pee stick, but it is more lab type!

Goodluck to everyone who wants a baby!
i took one when i was 6 months pregnant just to see if they were accurate and at 6 month s pregnant it had a neg test result. i do not like the dollar tree ones because i think they are not accurate at all.
I have used these test for years and they are always right!  My last pregnancy was chemical, postitive Dollar Tree tests then lost the pregnancy.  These test are tricky if you are really anxious to get pregnant, don't let the grayish/clear line fool you, it has to be a shade of pink to be a positive, light or dark.  These tests have never failed me through 4 pregnancies now!  Best wishes to you!