Doula?
I am training to be a Doula and I was wondering what all of your experiances were like with a doula. People in this town have never heard of a doula, so it's been hard getting other familys experiances. Thanks to all who reply.
I still have 4 1/2 weeks to go, but we have been working with a doula.  So far, I really like her and feel like she will be an invaluable resource during labor.  She will be with us for as long as we need.  She is also a lactation consultant and will stay after the birth to make sure that we have established breastfeeding.  She will also do 1-2 home visits after the baby is born.  So far she has brought us literature on things we are interested in (herbs, patients' rights, breastfeeding, etc.).  She has shown me different postions that may help with labor, using a ball and some scarf that I forget the name of.  She also has helped us with making a birth plan, and told us of some things to pack for the hospital that I really wouldn't have thought of.  So far, she is working at well and I'm so glad we chose to use a doula.  It will be nice to have someone there that knows what to expect since DH & I sure don't!