Maternal & Child Community
Earlier Quickening with Twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Earlier Quickening with Twins

I am 10.5 weeks pg with twins, and in the past week I have noticed little movements in my uterus.  I have had two full term babies which I felt movement with around 13-14 weeks, so I know what it feels like.  Everyone I tell thinks it's too early to tell, but granite none of them have ever had twins either.  So I want to know if anyone else who has been pg with twins has felt movement this early.  I know that this is the babies and not gas, I'm just curious of anyone else who has experienced the same thing.  I guess logically it makes since to feel it earlier with multiples.
I can't speak to personal experience, but everything I've read says that women who have already carried babies tend to feel quickening much earlier. Add to that the fact that your babies are taking double the space since there is two of them (thus, each at 1.5" would already equal 3", which is the size of a normal baby at 13 weeks) makes completely sense to me that you would be feeling them already. How exciting! Don't listen to the other telling you it is too early ... you are the one living in your body, you know what it feels like, and you are carrying TWO around in there. Congrats on the early movement!!!
Thanks for the info!
I'm pregnant with twins also and felt them very early too. Check out twinsmagazine.com, they are tons of experienced mothers who are great at answering questions!
I am now 14 weeks pregnant with twins and this is my second pregnancy.  I thought I was imagining things when I felt little flutters a couple of week ago, but I remember what it felt like to feel my daughter's movements, so I know I'm feeling these babies move, regardless of what textbooks may say.