Earliest to see a heartbeat?
Hi everyone. I am new to this awesome site and I have a question. I am 6 weeks, 1 day along today and I go for my first appointment today. I did have a miscarriage back in October 2006 so they do consider me high risk. If I was to get an ultrasound today what can I expect to see or not see? Will I be able to see a heartbeat? I know I would probably not be able to hear it, but at least seeing it would help me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Please help. I leave for my appointment in 15 minutes.
I got a u/s at 6 weeks and did see a h/b good luck
5w 5day with both my dd and this baby
I first saw the HB at 5W5D also.
I saw my first one at 6 weeks 2 days, didn't get an early u/s with the next one so it was 9 weeks 6 days, but baby was pretty much developed by that time.  Just wanted to wish you good luck, it's nerve wracking waiting to see a heartbeat after you have been through not findong one.  I remember I was in tears and shaking when they turned on the u/s, but there was a hb!  I hope you get to see yours and all is well!
Saw the little flutter at 6 weeks.  The dr said it was strong but made me come in for another u/s a couple of weeks later just to make sure everything's progressing well.
Saw ours at 6weeks 1 day. Hope you see yours!
We saw our heart beat at 8 wks I had a scan at 5 wks, saw nothing at all not even a sac, had a scan at 6 wks saw a sac nothing in it, and scan at 8 wks showed sac, baby & yolk sac & heartbeat - it is amazing what can happen in 2 weeks !!

Good luck !!
(I am 12 weeks & 1 day now)
at 6w 3days I saw no hb but a;; is well now.  so if you don't don't panic...  its depends on the position of the fetal pole..