Maternal & Child Community
Earliest you can feel movement?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Earliest you can feel movement?????

I am 10 weeks along & this will be my 2nd baby (3rd Pregnancy) and I was wondering when any of you have felt movement.  I know right now I am way to early to feel anything but I have heard you can feel things earlier on with a second pg.  So I guess I just want to know how far along most of were before you knew for sure you felt the baby move.  I get little flutters right now but being early in my pregnancy I am sure it is gas.  Thanks, Angie
This is my 4th pregnant (3rd child) and I started feeling movements with this one at 13wks. With my first, I didnt feel them until 18wks and then 16wks with my second. Good luck to you:)

Machelle'
DS(6)
Ds(3)
EDD 8-6-04
This is my first pregnancy. I started feeling very small movements at about 14 weeks and at 15 weeks could definatly feel them. Now I'm 20 weeks and he moves all the time. I'm getting very familiar with his sleep schedule.. its about the only time he's not kicking and punching.

Katie
Ian Michael - 7/9/04
http://babiesonline.com/babies/i/ian070904/
I started feeling movement around 13 weeks. Actually it felt like my stomache was growling. But the doctors said that was the first sign of movement. Then maybe a week and a half later i felt actual kicking. Like as I type this little rascal is kicking. It's more active at night from 9pm until about 11pm then again around 2am. So look for the butterfly feeling.(smile)
by the way I'm in week 22.

due date June 20, 2004  FATHER'S DAY

What a wonderful gift this will be for my DH.
when i was pregnant with our first son, i started feeling movements at about 20 weeks, with our second so it was about 16 weeks and with our third son i started feeling movements at about 12-14 weeks along, good luck and take care!!!!!

jenn (24)
dh (29)
ds (6)
ds (4)
ds (10 weeks)
with both of my pregnancies i started feeling movement at about 12 weeks. i guess it's just a matter of how in tune with your body you are.
chey
I felt it at 20 weeks with my first and 13 to 14 weeks with my second. Every pregnancy is different some earlier than other's
With my first I felt movement at 4 to 4 and a half months, my second was around 15 weeks, and this baby I have been able to feel since around 10-11 weeks I am 13 weeks now. They say the more babies you have the earlier you feel the movement, and your body style makes a difference, if you are very thin you feel baby early. I have been lucky and been thin all my life.
What exactly does it feel like.  I am 16 weeks and this is my first and I am very thin as well.  I just do not know what it feels like...

Gina
This is my first and I felt her at 13 weeks, even though my doctor doesn't believe me.  It really was like a flutter - or a tiny thump coming from somewhere where you have never felt anything before!  Quite unmistakable. :)
For me it felt like butterflies wings in my stomach at first.  Later in my pregnancy, my son would kick my computer keyboard hard enough to move it.
For  the baby moving felt like has bubbles at first just more deliberate... This is my 7th pregnancy 3rd child at first its hard to tell what are movements but with my first child i didn't feel till sixteen weeks and with every pregnancy i could feel it sooner i am ten weeks now and can feel the baby move slightly from one side to another good luck with your pregnancy be the best mom you can be